Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Art theif.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't see it. I'm not on neopets and don't want to be. Will someone take a pic for me and PM it or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they look kind of different, why do you say they are the same? Thats a awesome piccy though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really see why these people can't be even bothered to produce their own work instead of copying from others. Art theives really need to learn... seriously. It's obvious this person's just flipped Sarafina's pic over, traced over it and added their own little features like colours, markings etc.

For Suki.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I agree KS. v_v

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    For Suki.
    Thankies.

Ugh, what a loser. Can't think of anything better to do. That's very unsmart of that person

Problem is, even if we DID tell Sarafina, she's hasn't been around so long that she probably went to a 5 year vacation in the Bahammas.

EDIT: Anybody up for a rampage to destroy her sick mind?
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail128.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't believe it was traced.. it's possible.. but I doubt it. Still, it is VERY similar.

I was left to my own devices. Many days fell away with nothing to show. And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above. We were caught up and lost in all of our vices. Oh where do we begin; the rubble or our sins? But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    meh hate em..hate em...hate em....ok iI'm done give me my bottle time for this boozemen to go to work I think mwahaaa
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    I don't believe it was traced..
    I think it was. They did a horrible job on tracing, if ya ask me. And they think no one knows? Ha, whatever.

Sorry to be off topic a little, but yes, I do have more Kimi smilies. ......um....yeah. O_o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In order for something to be consider art theft, it has to be less than 20% original and more than 80% someone else's. I'd say that's far more than 20% original. If you wanna get technical, every person who draws Simba, Nala, or any other TLK character is just as much as a "thief" as any other, because they are drawing a copyrighted character that another artist came up with; usually without permission.

It wasn't traced, the head is in a completely different position and the flower is bending the opposite direction. The artist would have had to have cropped the image, rotated it 180*, mirrored it, scaled it down, added a different ear scheme, adjusted the muzzle to be less accurate, widened the entire face, squashed it down (forehead to chin), and added their own facial details. Plus, the tongue isn't a seperate object in the one being accused of art theft, the vertical upper lip line isn't present, and the eye showing perspective (the one farthest away that you can't see very well) doesn't have perspective that matches the corresponding eye in Sarafina's pic at all. That's more than 20%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    In order for something to be consider art theft, it has to be less than 20% original and more than 80% someone else's. I'd say that's far more than 20% original. If you wanna get technical, every person who draws Simba, Nala, or any other TLK character is just as much as a "thief" as any other, because they are drawing a copyrighted character that another artist came up with; usually without permission.
    Ooh, busted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...how do you people not see that they traced it?

And it is obviously an art theft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think I'd consider that theft. It looks at best to be a copy, but EVERYBODY does that in some degree.

EDIT: I was gonna point out all those lil differences that clearly show it wasnt traced, but Pnt did that for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I reported that person.

Fanart is different than art theft.*hides*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see that they didn't trace it because of simple geometry. It's just not the same picture because there's too many major differences, some that are impossible to get as wrong as she did if she was copying it (how the head is in a completely different position). Because she would have had to have rotated the cropped head 180* and then mirrored it, the picture would have seemed incorrect. That's because when you turn something upside down, the other side of the brain registers the drawing more than the side of the brain that drew it. The head is also being looked at from a different point of view on each one that's impossible to gain from the original picture. Also, the legs across the chest are very very different in each picture; one implies the leg is across the chest (sarafina's) and one implies that they are straight, but not actually crossing the chest (like the lioness is laying on her side instead of her back).

Accusing someone of theft is a very heavy moral charge and can completely ruin an artist's credibility. It's possible that she used the picture as a reference, but that's not a crime and it's not even morally wrong, because an artist cannot stop someone from getting an idea from their art. It is virtually impossible, however, that she traced it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    I reported that person.

Fanart is different than art theft.*hides*
    Thank you. u_u

I reported them also. You have a neopets username?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe, just maybe, a person who draws in a TLK style like the Lion King? And maybe, just maybe, that person likes Nuak, but the name was already taken?

You guys must not understand how bad it is to be labeled an art thief. If the artist is a professional, it's usually the end of their career. If the artist is in it just to draw, they'll be branded for the rest of their artistic life. You can't go around calling someone an art thief for mediocre reasons; remember what happened in Salem a long time ago when people called eachother witches? It makes me sick to my stomach to see how easily some people are willing to accuse another artist of theft for a picture that is impossible to have been traced in the way that it was. But I don't think it matters what I say, I could have all the proof in the world that the pictures are different; hell, one of them could be a dragon and the other a bowl of soup, and some people here may still call it art theft. Why? Because humans like accusing people. For the people who reported her: You just passed judgement on a person, and possibly branded them as a thief for life or even took away any chance they could have had to be a professional artist, without even looking at the evidence that they didn't do it. You threw aside any and all proof that they were innocent, no matter how solid the evidence was, and if the person you reported it to decides to pursue it, the artist is ruined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Precisely what Pnt just said. There are too many difference for it to have been traced. Like Pnt already said, I believe the first pic was a reference only

I was left to my own devices. Many days fell away with nothing to show. And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love. Great clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above. We were caught up and lost in all of our vices. Oh where do we begin; the rubble or our sins? But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing's changed at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's way too similar for me. I really don't think the neopets "artist" should get any credit for ithe picture.

Well EXCUSE ME, Pntbll. I'm sorry for being such a horrible, horrible person. ;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's traced, it's far too close not to be, only the ear and the cheek are off abit.

Anyway, I really think this should be left for Sarafina to deal with. It's her art, She can decide