PDA

View Full Version : Musical Looking for TLKoB midis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

HasiraKali
May 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Hmm... I don't remember who my first Nala was. And my Playbill is packed away. :(

Zaya
May 14th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Guess TLKoB virgins are rare around here :confused:, and we already posted so many pics and everything...any idea ;)

HasiraKali
May 14th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Hmm... I'm having all kinds of weird images running through my poor sleep-deprived head right now. :lol: So here's Josh Tower...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/simba_malkia/joshtower.jpg

Zaya
May 14th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Oh, that looks nice ;)

I'm going for the whole production here, found some "copyrighted" theatre pics on the net that actually looked alright:

This is apparently the London cast:
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/976/londonlk7ug.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And this one of the US touring casts...it's small and stuff, but I like the colors soooo much
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/283/tlk14jc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And another one, think it was the London cast too:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8936/londonlk24ib.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HasiraKali
May 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Where'd you find those? I've seen the first one but not the other two. :D

Zaya
May 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Aha! It was somewhere on webshots, someone took those pics with a NEW camera and they turned out nice...lemme try and find that link

Finally!:
http://community.webshots.com/album/148531897aUMEwZ/1

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2006, 05:57 AM
I found some more pictures. :D

Simba from Hamburg says "Yes!" :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/Image26.jpg

A German Zazu for Gaz. ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/Image1j3.jpg

And German Scar has a goofy look on his face in this one. :lol: And Timon looks like Elphaba.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/Imaglke22.jpg

Zaya
May 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Where did you get the Hamburg Simba ;)
Uh, Scar, scary rather than goofy, lol and Timon really does look "Wicked" :lol:

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
That picture came from a site called thatmusical.de this page (http://www.thatsmusical.de/news/weiter/2/) The google images search page showed a really cool picture of Scar and Nala too but I couldn't find it on the site. :(

Zaya
May 15th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I'm browsing that site, but can't find anything else either...maybe they've already put it away...so HK, when are you planing to go to the stage door again? Isn't the company leaving on the 21st?

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I might go on Wednesday. I want to go on the 21st after the show too but I don't know when they're actually leaving. I know they have a few days off before the next stop but who knows. If I don't make it, that's ok though since I accomplished my goal. :D

Zaya
May 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Oh, nooo, I thought your goal was to be friends with Wallace the great ;)

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah that too. :lol: I want to tell him how big a fan I am too.

Zaya
May 15th, 2006, 10:54 PM
haha, worship him and stuff ;) ah, all the Simbas deserve worshiping anyway!! ;) They're just tooo cute and sing too good :D

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Oh not worship him. :lol: That might make him uncomfortable and that's the last thing I want to do. I felt so bad for him when those girls starting hounding him about how good he looks and he was so obviously embarassed.

Zaya
May 15th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Haha, the hormonal girls aight ;) Yeah, worshiping is only allowed behind closed doors and four walls :) But it's nice to see them blush all the way if you say something nice about them :D

HasiraKali
May 16th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Blushing is cool when it's caused by a comment not driven by hormones. :lol:

Ryoga
May 16th, 2006, 02:57 AM
I saw this a few weeks ago, and it was so damn awesome that I had to see it again. I am going Thursday yeah!

HasiraKali
May 16th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Awesome! :D I was going to try to get tickets for tomorrow but then they asked me to stay late at work. :( But it's ok. I'm going Wednesday. ;)

Ryoga
May 16th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Oh wait, you are going to see it a The Majestic right? Sad, only one day apart :lol:

You think you are going to go see it in Austin next year?

HasiraKali
May 16th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Sure. Austin's only a little bit away. ;) Probably not as many times as I'm seeing it here but enough. ;)

Ryoga
May 16th, 2006, 03:49 AM
How many times did you see it here? I'm afriad to ask :lol:

HasiraKali
May 16th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I've seen it five times so far. I still have two more. :) I don't want it to leave. :(

Sharifu
May 16th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I know what you mean, it's sad once TLKoB leaves... Then it's just too far away to be able to see it affordably. (Usually)

Zaya
May 16th, 2006, 09:31 AM
:( For me it's always that far away...but maybe it's a good thing...if I had it across the streat I'd probably go every second day ;)

Sharifu
May 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM
:lol: Yeah... I would go at least maybe once a month... Maybe more if the tickets were cheaper :p :haha:

Zaya
May 16th, 2006, 10:22 AM
But hey, they might give me a free ticket for every ten I buy, or a gift...yeah right! Like in the movie theatres here ;)

Sharifu
May 16th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I remember Jespah telling me, that TLK fans should get discounts on TLKoB tickets. :lol:

HasiraKali
May 16th, 2006, 10:59 PM
:lol: That would be nice. Of course there's always student rush. ;) But then you can never really plan when you're going and hope that someone doesn't show up.

Zaya
May 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, that's just stupid...I like to have best seats and know exactly when I'm going...btw...I made a picky inspired by the musical today,is in the mirage or however it's called

Sharifu
May 17th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I did type a message to Wallace on My Space and he wrote back to me and I requested to add him as a friend and he added me. ^^ Yay.

Gazelle
May 17th, 2006, 02:52 PM
That was one of the most annoying things when i was Timon...the makeup! Not that Zazu's wasn't just as crazy, but all that GREEN!
:lol: i don't know who's face is funnier, Scar's or the Timon puppet's.

i've been talking to Wallace over myspace. He's so much fun. He keeps sending me jokes from Phil(pumbaa) to me. :lol: Apperently the other day Damian(timon) fell on his face...twice. Aww... lol.

nathalie
May 17th, 2006, 03:21 PM
OMG, I was browsing through this thread, and I came across this dumb post of mine :lol:

Originally posted by ?nathalie? -- 09-23-2004 02:43 PM
I'm never gonna see the musical. Now there's something new :p

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM
He didn't write me back. :( I think I'm going to cry. :(

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM
HK, probably he was busy back then...then forgot bout the message, no biggie, don't cry :(

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Maybe. :( We'll just pretend that's the case even if it isn't. :lol: But he's still going to make me cry later. ;)

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Ha, you know what, my Simba, even after all this time, still won't answer me sometimes, makes me cry like crazy...:( :)

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Someone tell him he made me cry. :lol: And not because he's a great Simba. ;)

nathalie
May 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Ooooooh, Amanda ... do I spot butterflies? :p

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Butterflies? :lol: Nah. I'm ok now.

nathalie
May 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Good, you're in denial ^_^

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
That is a totally different thing...when you see him swinging on that rope and then jumping and his tenor! And how he looks at Nala when they stand each on their side of the stage...OMG, Imma cry and a river of tears comes out :lol:

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM
What are you talking about, Nath? :lol: And are you invisible?

It looks like they're playing football or something. :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/pouncinghamburg.jpg

nathalie
May 17th, 2006, 08:14 PM
No ... I am *watching*

points at siggy :p

And you're still in denial ... I see through you :p

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Sneaky. ;) But what exactly am I in denial of?

And I just noticed that that picture is flipped. Simba pounces Zazu from upstage left not upstage right. :hmm:

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
It's true tho, the denial thing - look how she changes subjects, with that football picky ;)

You denied the butterfly nini, tho you have them dancing round your head and Wallaces for that matter :lol:

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
But what am I in denial of? I can't deny something if I don't know what I'm denying. :lol:

I'm just trying to keep things on topic with random pics. :lol:

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah, I usually forget that we're supposed to talk bout the musical, but we are, we are! We're talking bout Simba and denying nini's :D

nathalie
May 17th, 2006, 08:33 PM
come to Yahoo then, we can talk random there :p

in denial --> you cry if Wallace don't right back --> butterflies ... :cheese:

Zaya
May 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Yes yes, a yahoo Simba conference :D

Gazelle
May 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM
i wish i could find crazy cool *** pictures to share... :emo: :lol:

HasiraKali
May 18th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Ok so I just got home again. I waited at the door for like 20 minutes and no one came out. :( And it took me forever to get out of the theater because there were TONS of little old ladies there so I'm thinking most everyone was already gone when I finally got back there.

Anyway... the cast has changed. I knew contracts were coming up but I didn't know it would changed in the middle of the San Antonio run. Here are the changes and my little analysis. :)

Scar : Kevin Gray - Mr. Gray is a former Phantom so I was kind of sort of hoping to see him before the tour left, even though I love Mr. Yando. So he was ok. He's still trying to get into the role, you can tell, but he's not bad. He screams a lot too. :lol: I was looking at some of my Phantom stuff to see if he was a screaming Phantom too since those are the best Phantoms. ;) Anyway, so he wasn't the most screaming of the Phantoms I've heard but he was definately loud. It was kind of hard picturing him as Scar because I kept picturing the mask with a mask on. :lol:

Mufasa : Nathaniel Stampley - Ok so I was sad to see that Rufus Bonds Jr. had left. I simply loved his Mufasa. But Mr. Stampley was pretty good. His "They Live In You" made me cry tonight. That's a first. And there was some pretty good chemistry between he and Young Simba. I love the way he delivered the "I'm only brave when I have to be!" line. He kind of yelled it and then went all comforting. I like that better than just saying the line because that's how parents really are. :lol:

Zazu : Timothy McGeever - Ok I was REALLY sad when I read this one. Mr. McGeever has a nice singing voice but again you could really tell he was still trying to find himself in the part. He said "whoop!" a lot and it got a little repetitive. No one got the joke about the IJCWtbK curtain tonight because he said Ikea instead of Peir 1. We don't have Ikea here. :lol: He has potential though, he just needs to get comfortable in the role. :)

Bonzai : Rudy Roberson - He was actually pretty good. He did say "wild-debeasts" which made me laugh. He has a really gravely voice. At times it sounded like he had one of those sore throats that make your voice all scratchy and painful. It was just when he was talking otherwise he was ok.

Shenzi : Danielle Lee Greaves - She was really good. She had pretty good comedic timing and an awesome voice. Overall a very good Shenzi.

There were also a lot of ensemble changes as well. All of the costumes of the new peoples looked really fresh and new. You could actually tell that Zazu's suit was blue instead of a weird blackish bluish colour. Twas nice. :)

Oh... and GO SPURS GO! :lol:

Sharifu
May 18th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Whoa... That's a lot of actors changing in the cast.

HasiraKali, are you saying that you wrote Wallace a message and he never wrote back to you? Well at least he added you to his friend list.

Zaya
May 18th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Nathaniel Stampley? He used to play in London, I think he left just before I first saw the show...but then it was Sello Maake Ka-Ncube and he was in my oppinion the best Mufasa ever, he had such a wonderful voice, really strong and confident, but spoke in a way that fathers should tell bed time stories to children cause it like swung you into extasy :lol: and he sang even better than the orginial Broadway Mufasa...

Why do they always change the same actors....it's so similar in London! They change Scar, Mufasa, Zazu, Timon, Shenzi and Rafiki...Pumba, Simba and Nala definitely stay ;)

Gazelle
May 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM
WHAT?!?! Wh-bu-NO! That's evil!

He killed the curtian joke?! He's a discrase to Zazus

That's so sad that no one came out...i would have like, cried. The stage door is my home! Not my second home, my HOME!

HasiraKali
May 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Audra: Yeah I wrote him a message back when Zaya first found his myspace. I was added at least. :)

I thought the curtain joke was funny but I know what Ikea is. Most other people probably didn't because we don't have them here.

Sharifu
May 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Hmm... TLKoB is coming to Los Angeles later this year... The only time I see it coming California in the future. Still kind of far for me though... Well I would only do it if I had the money and a friend who would want to go with me. ;)

Gazelle
May 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
i was really planning on going and seeing it again, but i don't know...now that they changed cast...eeehhh...i don't think id go if i can't see my Derek <3

Lion_King_300
May 19th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Dang, that's a lot of cast changes right in the middle of a run like that, seems highly unusual. I think Rufus Bonds has been Mufasa at all the TLKOB performances I've been to with the exception of the NYC one, and I agree he plays the part magnificently.

I guess that means that Larry Yando and Bonds are done for good now, :( which is quite sad news, hopefully their replacements can get settled into their roles quickly, they certainly have big shoes to fill!

The new Mufasa sounds good though, maybe I'll get to see this cast in Orlando this December.

Oh, and good news!!! I'm going to China this summer for a week to see my mom in Beijing, and we're going to arrange to see TLKOB during its run in Shanghai during the first week of August!! :wow: The trip was my high school graduation present from 3 years ago and I haven't gone yet. The cast will be mostly the Australian cast from Sydney and Melbourne too, so it will totally new for everyone and I'll be sure to take lots of pics and tell everyone about it, I am SOOO excited! Still got about two and a half months to wait though.

oh yeah, looks like the Circle of Life finally pulled ahead in the poll too, 23 to 22... but it's still close.

Gazelle
May 19th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Oh kick ***!!! i wanna go!!!!!!!!!!! :emo: i'm only like 5', i can fit in your cargo yeah? please?!

Lion_King_300
May 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
And on the topic of the "shower curtain" joke from the IJCWTBK scene, here's a list of the places that Zazu mentioned based on the city:

Seattle: Once "Ikea," Once "Pier 1" (I believe understudy said "Pier 1")
Portland: Both times "Pier 1"
NYC: "The Guggenheim" (drew big laughs)
San Jose: "Ikea" I was surprised at this because I didn't think there were many Ikeas down here, apparently I was mistaken.

But the San Antonio story is funny, I can just imagine what it would be like to have no one laugh after Zazu's line... that would be awkward and embarassing to say the least!

nathalie
May 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Wauw LK300, that is awesome !!

It's odd though, that it's gonna be an English performance, since maybe not many people in China know English, hehe.

Ryoga
May 20th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Well, well, well. I went to see The Lion King on Broadway in San Antonio at The Majestic downtown last night. I read HasiraKali list of cast changes, and since I on'y saw it once before with the old cast, I can tell that the only one who I was disappointed with was Zazu. Do not get me wrong, the guy who plays him now did a great job, but the one before him was so much better. I was a little weirded out because I didn't think they were going to change right in the middle of San Antonio and right near the end of their time here, but I enjoyed and spent way to much money on merchandise. I am going to miss it. I have to wait for the Austin production, which won't be for a while!
:(

Gazelle
May 20th, 2006, 04:09 AM
YES!!! DEREK PWNDs ALL ZAZUS! *gafa*

Sharifu
May 20th, 2006, 08:17 AM
That's totally awesome Tim! I remember you telling me about this and I'm glad you can go!

Lion_King_300
May 20th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Gazelle
YES!!! DEREK PWNDs ALL ZAZUS! *gafa*

I couldn't agree more, hands down he was the best I've seen play the part. I was pretty disappointed with the Zazu understudies as a whole, not that they were that bad, but that Derek was so much better. His voice, tone and inflection really really REALLY sounded natural and very much like Zazu, he had that challenging puppet and his acting perfectly in sync, and he was so funny.

I hope his contract gets renewed and he stays with the show.

And yeah Nath, it is odd that it will be in English, but I also read that: "The show will be performed in English at the Shanghai Grand Theater, and SGT staff is translating the libretto into Mandarin for projection over the stage" I'm not quite sure what that means. They can't possibly have English AND Mandarin chinese at the same time??? Does anyone know how they plan to pull this off?

:confused:

nathalie
May 20th, 2006, 08:37 AM
"for projection over the stage"

That kind of sounds to me, that they will project the translation onto something?

Zaya
May 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM
The projection looks like the thing they do in operas, they for instance are sung in italian and there is a narrow screen over the stage on which they project the text in dunno, german, or english, etc.

Kind of like subtitles in movies, just that it's above the stage ;)

imported_Rafiki
May 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Yep, I guess so! I saw this those... uhm... above-titles... :Ooo: over here when I saw a "Best of Musical" show. They projected the texts on big screens above the stage. But mostly to help the people to be able to sing along...:yuck:

HasiraKali
May 20th, 2006, 02:38 PM
If they do the projections for TLK like they did for Phantom when it was there a few months ago, the projections will be down the side of the proscenium. I have a picture somewhere on my other comp. But here's a pretty good pic from someone on WebShots. :) Piccy (http://community.webshots.com/photo/242200181/1242202063051792498UaUfKx)

Oh and Ryoga... what happened with that guy that um shot himself outside the theater last night? Was it chaos getting out? :eek:

Zaya
May 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Oh, yes, that is another way of putting those somewhere..but the lion king with sub-up-titles sounds funny :)

HasiraKali
May 20th, 2006, 03:12 PM
We saw an opera in Houston one time that was preformed in English but it still needed subtitles because you couldn't understand a word these people were saying. :lol:

I was looking around and I can't find any info on the show being in Austin. :confused: I'll ask some of my Austin friends. :D

Ryoga
May 20th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Oh and Ryoga... what happened with that guy that um shot himself outside the theater last night? Was it chaos getting out? :eek:

Woah what? This is the first I heard about it! Did it happen on the 18th or the 19th, because I was there the 18th! But damn. I had almost bought tickets for the show on Friday. Wish I did.

Zaya
May 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Oh, yeah, in operas I'd need a translation, written and as subtitles ;), no matter what the language is :lol:

HasiraKali
May 20th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ryoga
Woah what? This is the first I heard about it! Did it happen on the 18th or the 19th, because I was there the 18th! But damn. I had almost bought tickets for the show on Friday. Wish I did.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you went Friday night. :lol: This is what happens when you're nocturnal... you get your days all mixed up. But apparently some guy shot himself outside the theater during the show around 10. It had nothing to do with the show but I was just wondering what the chaos getting out of the theater was like.

Gazelle
May 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
WHOA!?!?! Huuuuuuuuuh? Are you serious? That's odd. i haven't heard anything about that. Steve(stagedoorsecurety) didn't call me! Bad Steve! lol

Zaya
May 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Gazelle, you like know everyone aroud that theatre ? :confused: :lol: what about that weird guy that stands behind the door and looks at everyone with suspicion? :p

Btw...will you get the pictures you made with your friends backstage soon :D :cheese:

Ryoga
May 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
What exactly did you mean by waiting by the backdoor HasiraKali? Do meet the cast after every preformance? I wish I had know that!

HasiraKali
May 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM
They have to leave the theater sometime. :lol: They come out of two doors actually. Most of the dancers come out the Empire's door and the rest come out the Majestic's door. :)

The guy didn't shoot himself in the back alley, he did it right in front of the main entrance by that old ticket booth there.

Zaya
May 20th, 2006, 08:40 PM
They should have some kind of underground tunnels so they come out a few blocks away from the theatre :lol::evilgrin:

Gazelle
May 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM
Well, i LiVE at the stage door, so me and Stevie are like "dis!"

What's great about the stage door at M is that their hotel is seriously like, what, 20 feet to the left! MY pictures? if you're talking to me, it was a new throwaway so i'll finish up the roll tomorrow at my early b-day party.

Hey Antonians, during your show did they use a cut version of The Madness Of King Scar? That was ONE thing i meant to ask Derek (<3) but forgot! (dammit!) i sware they go from
"There he is, no, there he is AND THERE!"
"Calm yourself sire (or you'll get another one of your splitting headaches)"
...to...
"Oh very well. Zazu? Zazu, Zazu, Zazu?"

Skipping the actual MADNESS of the song! that really annoyed me. Was that how it was in your show?

Ryoga
May 21st, 2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Gazelle
Well, i LiVE at the stage door, so me and Stevie are like "dis!"

What's great about the stage door at M is that their hotel is seriously like, what, 20 feet to the left! MY pictures? if you're talking to me, it was a new throwaway so i'll finish up the roll tomorrow at my early b-day party.

Hey Antonians, during your show did they use a cut version of The Madness Of King Scar? That was ONE thing i meant to ask Derek (<3) but forgot! (dammit!) i sware they go from
"There he is, no, there he is AND THERE!"
"Calm yourself sire (or you'll get another one of your splitting headaches)"
...to...
"Oh very well. Zazu? Zazu, Zazu, Zazu?"

Skipping the actual MADNESS of the song! that really annoyed me. Was that how it was in your show?

You know, I noticed that too! I was like, this does not seem right :lol::confused:

Gazelle
May 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! i was so looking to that part, and it never came...it never came... :cringe:

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2006, 05:25 AM
I mentioned that a few pages back. :lol: It was still cut even with Kevin Gray the other night too.

Zaya
May 21st, 2006, 07:32 AM
I don't understand how they just cut it out :confused: I mean, what do they get from it? The show maybe gets shorter for 4 minutes or something...not even that long...

Gazelle
May 21st, 2006, 02:39 PM
oop. Sorry. Didn't relize

But still it was driving me crazy. That's really odd. i think that parts really funny too. Makes me sad.

Zaya
May 21st, 2006, 02:56 PM
Funny, cause in London they never let that part out...I was always wondering...do they have the part where a giraffe and the cheetah are walking around the stage,alone...anywhere in US? Cause I always thought that was inserted to give the ensemble time for changing costumes ;)

Gazelle
May 21st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, the cheetah a widely loved ensemble character from my understanding. My mother loves her.

:lol: in *my* shows that was DiFFENTLY what that scene was used for. :hehe:

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
The cheetah scene makes me laugh :lol: The giraffe looking back. :lol:

I'm sad though. :( Tonight's the last night. I don't want it to leave. :(

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... for those of us around here... shall we plan a roadtrip? :D

Linky (http://www.utpac.org/2006/month.php?monthNum=03#267)

Zaya
May 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM
Are you going to see it tonight HK? :D

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2006, 08:30 PM
I am. Second row. ;) I'm excited. :D But sad. :( But at least now I know when I can go see it again. February. At least that's not as long a wait as it was to this time. :lol:

Zaya
May 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Awww, stage door stage door ;) hope you catch them, it's worth a try :)

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
I tried last week but no one came out after I was back there for a while. I'll probably try again tonight though. :)

Gazelle
May 22nd, 2006, 03:24 AM
AWWWWW!!! You're right! That's so saaaaaaad...

Tell me how it went!

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 03:28 AM
Sorry to double post but I just got home.

The show was amazing as usual. Kevin Gray has actually improved and so did Tim McGeever. He was much better tonight. He still said Ikea and no one laughed :lol:

And the sadness... Wallace wasn't there. :( We saw an understudy, Kehinde B. Hart. He wasn't bad but I was really looking forward to seeing Wallace. :( I really liked some of his reactions to the other characters. It's always cool to see different interpretations but again, I really wanted to see Wallace so I could kind of say bye. :(

Gazelle
May 22nd, 2006, 03:48 AM
i just said my long goodbyes to Wallace, and we were talkin back and forth for while over myspace. B-b-but... :tears: DEREK! i love you! i had a dream last night, it wasn't Derek, but i dreamed that i fell in love with a Zazu (actor ofcouse), and we started dating, and he would always draw Zazu/Timon art. :lol: Weird huh? sorry, just thought i'd share that with everyone...

ha, that would suck, and be soooo okward if it were me, and no one laughed at the curtian joke...ugh that would suck! But atleast people like the "THiS WASN'T iN THE CARTOON!" right? That was by far in my favorite line to say during my Zazu run.

*sigh* i'm gonna miss it...

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 04:10 AM
Yeah people still laughed at that one. :lol: I wish I'd gotten a note back. I'm going to send a card up to the theater in Tulsa to say thanks for the wonderful memories. :D I was going to get one of those big cards and drop it off at the door before the show, but I ran out of time. :hehe:

Gazelle
May 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM
Aw! That's such a cute idea!

Dammit, i need some kinda contact info for Derek! Damian and Phil too!!! By the way, if anyone finds sites or pics or such for them, please share. unlikely but just incase. i don't have time or the patiants to go search...aw that makes me feel bad... :lol:

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 04:40 AM
I'll see what I can find. :)

I think I found Derek's email. :evilgrin:

Gazelle
May 22nd, 2006, 04:45 AM
Har, if youre kidding that's NOT funny!!!

Otherwise, GiVEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 04:53 AM
I PM'ed you. :)

Gazelle
May 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
You are awsome!!! You just made my day!!! THANKS!

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't you just loooove the view from the stage :D

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/51/lionleadwideweb430x2785yv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

btw....I was always wondering which Simba this is, but it's to tiny to recognize anything :(

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3899/000852890eab1f5792af80c328ec00.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Where did you find that second one? I've never seen it before. :D He looks familiar but I can't place him. :hmm:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
Reall, wooooow, I found something you don't have, wow I'm good ;) JK

But yeah, he's familiar, and it's driving me crazy that I can't really see his face :(

and I can't remember where i found it, will go check everything now :)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Do you remember what the original file name was?

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Oh yes ;)

00085289-0EAB-1F57-92AF80C328EC0000

hahaha :lol:

No, it's true, really :)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
:lol: Can't find anything. :( I've run out of search terms too. :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah I thought it was a good idea too, untill i saw the file name :lol:

I'm totally browsing trough the whole London musical page, maybe it was there somewhere :D

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
I wonder if you have anything else that I don't have. :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
haha, maybe I show them all to you on yahoo photo share sometime ;) but I must say, I don't think there is anything else:lol:

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
I want to put them all up somewhere but I think that'll take too long. :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
oh, you could make a webshots account
;) and load them all, then unload them ;)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
:hmm: Could do that. :lol: Or I could make a giant zip file :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hmmmmmm...Maybe I do the webshots thingy...:D

ah, I can only download 10 pics at a time :grrr:

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
If you download the webshots desktop dealy you can upload as many as you want at a time. :)

I wish I had a bigger version of this one

Josh Tower
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/JoshTowerk.jpg

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Ah really...hmmm...

Yeah I have some tiny versions too that look npromissing but are microscopic ;)

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/674/02299oid888344008cq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3772/041452317173001do.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

let me find some other...

oh look, the second one is not that small...but yuck what a bad quality! ;)

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e8bf48478a.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah... didn't have either of those. :lol: Or the third one... ok post everything you have. :lol: ;)

I love this picture.
RajonieHammond and SydneyMcNeal from Sydney
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/RajonieHammondandSydneyMcNeal-Sydne.jpg

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Oh and this one:
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/77c24a4e28.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
Is this Josh?

Oh and scar-zazu scene - did you post that some time ago, or why do I feel like I've seen it...

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Scar-Zazu.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

P.S.: Do you have that study guide from the London page, it has some pictures in :D

OK, we're gonna fill this thread with pics, just not too many at the time :lol:

Awww, totally cute, didn't have that one ;)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
That first one is Josh Tower yeah. And the Scar and Zazu one is from the Netherlands site isn't it? :) I wasn't able to get the studyguide from the London site.

Here's another one from Sydney of those kids. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/RajonieHammondSandSydneyMcNealN.jpg

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Oh, yeah, I know that one :D

the studyguide, click there, and you don't need a password ;):

http://www.disney.co.uk/MusicalTheatre/TheLionKing/education/educationpack.html

my pics are loading, one at a time :(

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/KOENIG_L-4-09330-20-13M-PPE.323.JPG (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

I hate those things written over some pics :grrr:

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/333740632pINita_ph.3bb.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/KOENIG_L-4-09330-37-13M-PPE.f8f.JPG (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/kostumms_2_06-04_jp_320931c.8c3.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Lion_Koor.ce0.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Sweet! :D Is that Aaron Conley as young Simba in that middle one? He's my favourite. :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
Isn't the tiny Simba on that pic 2 just cute :D But I don't know who he is, that pic just poped up in my folders :confused:

This one, I'm sure everyone knows ;)
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/scenefoto01_jpg.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Untitled - 2.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/wp599b0a79.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Uh, I'm tired ;)

hope this one isn't too big, cause I didn't check before postin it...
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/loewenkoenig02.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Sorry for double posting, got scared it's gonna be all too big ;)

I love this one, it's just a classic :lol: you can so see how it looks like at first :D

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/onstage16.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/APLionesses.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Look at those three total weirdos, I mean they really look weird!
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/bild254.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Awwww Jason. :( I want that job though. ;)

Speaking of jobs... I need to get ready for work. :) Tata for now. :)

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, I'd do anything for a job like that :D :cheese:

btw...I think I ran out of pics I thought you wouldn't have ;)

Do you have that biiiig one of Josh?

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah I have that huge one of Josh. :lol: It's a nice one. ;)

Edit: It's somewhere. I can't find it. :confused:

But I'm really leaving now. :lol:

Zaya
May 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Ok, ttyl, maybe posting pics again, who knows, but we posted enough to be able to go a bit offtopic now :lol:

Sharifu
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Ooh I love looking at all these pictures. It's awesome you two have some many great TLKoB pictures!

Ryoga
May 23rd, 2006, 01:44 AM
I am sorry but I don't speak German so how could I fully enjoy the pictures? :lol: I am just kidding, those pictures are great!

Gazelle
May 23rd, 2006, 02:04 AM
AURGH!!! i can't find any cool Derek Hasenstab as Zazu pics! if anyone can find anything, please please PLEASE help a girl out here! You all have the coolest pictures! And all the Wallace ones Manda has are so kick ***!

if someone wouldn't mind searching for me, please let me know if you find Derek pictures, as well as Damian Baldet, and Phil Fiorini! THANKS!!! :hehe:

Thanks for the email again Manda! ::bows::

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
I haven't run across any but if I do, you'll be the first to know. ;)

Gazelle
May 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
i better! :p

:D

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2006, 05:57 PM
*waits for more cool pictures to be posted* :p :lol:

Wow her leg is up there. o.o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/lionking_costume2000422.jpg

Shoes? :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/scarshoes.jpg

Gazelle
May 23rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Whoa! i WANT THOSE SHOES!!!

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Or these? :lol: ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/zazushoes.jpg

Zaya
May 23rd, 2006, 08:26 PM
picky, hope it's not tooo big ;), oh no it's not big at all ;)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e4cf4cb721.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

and look, where's the leg, CYFTLT leg :lol:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a08931b305.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

I'm Shenzi, leave me alone, I'm chillin'

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9c5bca5416.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Have you ever seen a giraffe sitting down...well here you go :D

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/440bcaa6b7.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
The giraffes are so cool. :D

Gazelle
May 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Aw, Manda, i love your new avi

Those pointed shoes look like the one's i wore for Zazu...but pink :lol:

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks. :D They should look like Zazu's shoes. ;) :lol:

OT: I went by Lee today... wtf did they do?! :eek:

Gazelle
May 23rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Yup...crazy eh? But sadly most of my classes are in the old building, so all the rest of the school's nice, except where i am during the day :lol:

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Oooh, I found a picture, haha, very small though.

http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/ACFJNADmaypD.JPG
Vince Harder as Simba in the musical 'The Lion King' in Sydney.

Renee Castle as Nala, it said they are from Toronto 2004.
http://www.commessuniversity.com/images/Nala%20in%20makeup%201.jpg
http://www.commessuniversity.com/images/Nala,%20Jewelle,%20Rafiki.jpg

Zaya
May 24th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Aww, yeah I know those second ones :D are really detailed ;)

HasiraKali
May 24th, 2006, 07:56 PM
There's another on that site of Scar, Nala and Zazu that makes me laugh for some reason. :lol:

Zaya
May 24th, 2006, 08:02 PM
A, yes, Scar, Scar makes me laugh on that pic :D he looks so goofy :D

Turanga Merito :D
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/29LION_wideweb__430x255.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

I really like this one but don't know who they are :(

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/lion_king_2.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

HasiraKali
May 24th, 2006, 09:41 PM
That's who that is? I didn't know who the SImba in that first one was. I've got that second one on my other comp. I'll check it sometime and see if I have it labeled :)

simba2662
May 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Well I have just over a week to the final show in Melbourne. Im lucky enough to have front row seats again to the last show after seeing it twice in Sydney.
Im gonna have the best night but im sure i'll be sad knowing that I wont be able to see it again. Lucky memories last a lifetime ;)

Zaya
May 27th, 2006, 04:36 PM
you're gonna see the closing show! Amazing...and sad actually :( But let us all know how it was :D

Gazelle
May 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
i love the closing show, because you can tell when actors add little things in. it's so cute! i the only example i can think of is like at Anthony Rapp's last show doing RENT he said a line-
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we gather her to say our *SNiiiiiiiFF!* Goodbyyyyyyyyyes!" And the whole cast bursts out laughting

Another cool thing about last shows is like when i saw Oklahoma's last night and they were all hurring to get on the bus, and 'Meg' couldn't sign my playbill cause she was in a hurry so she gave me a free t-shirt instead. :lol:

i'm so sad that TLK is leaving! Sadly, Derek hasn't emailed me back, but i'm still having fun talking to Wallace atleast. Now if i could only get info on Phil and Damian... :cries:

Zaya
May 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah if you look at it in that way..but then again...they might not come back :( I can't even imagine people I know in London quitting the show, I'd totally miss their random theatre conversations =D...stopping the whole thing would be like the world is ending for me :lol: ;)

I hope Derek does write back to you Gaz, I'm sure it would be amazing for you to talk to him bout his character too :) But hey, you still have Wallace then :D

Gazelle
May 27th, 2006, 07:55 PM
:lol: you know what, as much as i love all for of the big lugs, just being invited to walk with them to the hotel, sitting chatting and sippin coffee was the most fun i've ever had, and i will never ever forget them, whether we stay in touch or not! i still love them <3

Zaya
May 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM
:( Yeah, awesome times...I was just thinking about it yesterday, like, all the things that happened to me trough the past year with that cast (breakfasts, coffes, trains, busses, houses...love...:lol: ), sometimes seem so unreal, but totally unforgetable :)

HasiraKali
May 29th, 2006, 04:00 AM
I don't know if this has been posted or not but it's cool. And it's five minutes long. And it's got Jason in it. :D

http://www.42ndstreettours.com/media/Lionkingvideo.wmv

Bahati
May 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I don't know if this has been posted or not but it's cool. And it's five minutes long. And it's got Jason in it. :D[/url]
Great video! Good diversity in the selection of clips from the show, and I always enjoy listening to Julie Taymor's production insights. Thanks for linking it.

Zaya
May 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
It's not working for me :( Just loads and won't run :(

HasiraKali
May 29th, 2006, 05:48 AM
I had to save it to get it to work. Just right click->save as. :)

Zaya
May 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
oh yes, now it worked...I had that clip but this one is better quality, imagine how great that one must have been...;) But I love it, cause they really stuck so many highlights in those 5 minutes...everytime I watch it it's like...I HAVE to see the musical again...right NOW :lol:

Looky look, what I found ;)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6f355bc74d.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 07:51 PM
TLKoB activists HK and Z - saving the thread by posting randomness!

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/980fa1296d.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM
As I told Z on Y!M: Yay for Mufasa's crotch! :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/37.jpg

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 08:09 PM
Look, the proportions fit perfectly :lol: and it's the other way around :confused: :lol:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e31c871d33.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Look, sweet sweet tiny Nala

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/596ff505f3.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

What?! It's not my fault I slept on the side today :alone:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/725fcfc9dd.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yay! The rest of the picture. :lol:

Simba 1: Raaaaaah! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/hamburgsimba.jpg

Simba 2: Eeeeee!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/JoshTowerk.jpg

Simba 1: Raaaaaah! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/hamburgsimba.jpg

Simba 2: Eeeeee!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/JoshTowerk.jpg

The part of Simba 2 was played by Josh Tower. I'm not sure who Simba 1 is. It's either Gino or Etienne. I think it's Gino.

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 09:00 PM
sooo...SImba stoned:

Yessssssssss!
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ac28fb812d.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Ohhhhhhh!
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3387981476.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Auchhhhh, my head!!
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8e52649b6e.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 09:07 PM
I love that pic of Steven Allerick. :lol:
And Wallace. :D *wubs* :lol:

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah I thought we didn't give enough Wallace pics...so any others are more than welcome :D

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 09:16 PM
Is it just me though or is S.J. Hannah's head the same width as the mask in that pic? :confused: :lol:

The Simba shadow puppet for those that haven't seen it on the London site. I think it was the London site. :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/pic-land-shadowsimba.gif

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 09:31 PM
Hahaha:lol: poor S.J.H. his head is a lil broader than that from most Simba guys...or is it cause of the edgy cheekbones :confused: :lol:

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 09:57 PM
Either that or it's the angle the pic was taken at. :hmm:

Zaya
May 31st, 2006, 10:17 PM
Are you making excuses for him ;)

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2006, 10:19 PM
:lol: No I'm just trying not to insult him because I have nothing against him. :lol:

Zaya
June 1st, 2006, 10:31 AM
:lol: I love the new avy :lol:

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks. I had to do it after our convo yesterday. :lol:

nathalie
June 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM
That Simba 2 you got there is not Etienne ^_^

But that jump would explain Etienne's knee injury, haha

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2006, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Gino. The jumping one anyway. :lol: The other one is Josh Tower. He has nice eyes.

Zaya
June 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM
Should we leave you and Josh pic alone, so you can measure the depth of those eyes ;)

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM
:lol: That huge picture of him is better ;)

Zaya
June 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM
Oh yes, you could almost count the number of glistening drops on his chest...:lol:

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2006, 07:17 PM
:lol: He's not as glistening as Roger though. ;) That man can sweat. :lol:

nathalie
June 1st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Did you ever stood on a stage for that long, underneath spotlights and jumping all over the place ? :p

Zaya
June 1st, 2006, 07:22 PM
I have, I know the sweaty feeling ;) But Roger is still the winner of our "glisten Simba boy, glisten" contest :lol:

HasiraKali
June 2nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah I know those lights get hot. I worked with them for four years. ;) I burned myself on one once. :( Not fun.

Zaya: :lol: New avvie, I sense.

Zaya
June 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Do you? :D btw check post your art thread, Simba is ready ;) and come to yahoo, I have a great glisty pic of Roger, you're gonna love it! :lol:

HasiraKali
June 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
I just saw him. :lol: He's amazing. :D Oh and I just logged on to Yahoo. :)

Sharifu
June 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
:lol: HasiraKali! Your avatar you have now is sooooo funny!

simba2662
June 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Well now that I?m back from Melbourne I?m feeling :(
That was definitely the last time I will see the Broadway show but what a way to go out.
It had been almost a year since I watched the final curtain come down in Sydney and as the show rapped up I couldn?t have asked for a better night.
I jumped in my seat, which was in the front row and went through the little show bag that everyone received. The lights went down as the music roared above the savannah and there was simply no place else in the world I wanted to be.
The whole show ran so well except for 1 of the puppets in 'I Just Cant Wait To Be King, his costume just wouldn?t sit on properly.
As the last scene finished up everyone stood on their feat cheering and clapping for ages as gold confetti was sprayed everywhere.
Scar said a few words thanking everybody for their involvement just like he did in Sydney before the curtain dropped and stayed down :(
I didn?t want to leave the theatre but eventually did and thought I would try my luck around at the stage door. It was packed but mainly from the casts and their families, so with my Julie Taymor Broadway book I was able to get plenty of autographs and even have a quick chat to Rafiki and Mufasa ;)
It really was just a perfect night and something I will never forget.

I have a picture/article from the local paper but i'm not sure how to attach it. I'll send it via email if anyone is keen to see it :)

Azerane
June 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
That's really cool simba2662. I went and saw the show in Melbourne too :) I went in August last year for my birthday. It really is an amazing show and that's really cool that you got some signatures.

And with the article/picture from the paper... if it is just an image, then you need to have it hosted on the net somewhere, like at www.photobucket.com then you paste the link to the image in type.web.address.here If you don't have a photobucket account and don't really want to create one, send me the pic and I'll happily host it for you on my account for you :)

Aride TWT
June 7th, 2006, 01:02 AM
May i join someones pride?

HasiraKali
June 7th, 2006, 01:34 AM
This really isn't the topic to join a pride. Unless you are a Simba boy and would like to join Zaya's or my Simba boy harem. ;) Try Pride Rock or one of the RP sections. :)

Zaya
June 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
hahahaha :lol: HK! :lol: Making sure we only get the best of the best and 100% authentic Simba's in our harems aight ;) :lol:

Simba2662 we'd looooove to see pictures :D

HasiraKali
June 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I need to make a siggy banner with all of my harem members on it. :lol: Maybe I'll do that once I drag my lazy butt to the living room. :p

Zaya
June 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM
But but...how will you put on London Simba if there is no pic of him anywhere :(

nathalie
June 8th, 2006, 07:57 AM
You must take one then :D very sneaky so he won't see ^_^

Lion_King_300
June 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by simba2662
Well now that I?m back from Melbourne I?m feeling :(
That was definitely the last time I will see the Broadway show but what a way to go out.
It had been almost a year since I watched the final curtain come down in Sydney and as the show rapped up I couldn?t have asked for a better night.
I jumped in my seat, which was in the front row and went through the little show bag that everyone received. The lights went down as the music roared above the savannah and there was simply no place else in the world I wanted to be.
The whole show ran so well except for 1 of the puppets in 'I Just Cant Wait To Be King, his costume just wouldn?t sit on properly.
As the last scene finished up everyone stood on their feat cheering and clapping for ages as gold confetti was sprayed everywhere.
Scar said a few words thanking everybody for their involvement just like he did in Sydney before the curtain dropped and stayed down :(
I didn?t want to leave the theatre but eventually did and thought I would try my luck around at the stage door. It was packed but mainly from the casts and their families, so with my Julie Taymor Broadway book I was able to get plenty of autographs and even have a quick chat to Rafiki and Mufasa ;)
It really was just a perfect night and something I will never forget.

I have a picture/article from the local paper but i'm not sure how to attach it. I'll send it via email if anyone is keen to see it :)

Thanks for the great story simba2662, I definitely know how you feel - the withdrawal when the show leaves your city - quite a depressing feeling especially being in Australia. :( I hope you will get to see the show again sometime down the road, glad you got to meet the cast and get autographs. I have never been at the finale performance for any TLKOB production, sure sounds like it was a lot of fun. It would be so cool to see the actors come out and speak to the audience, in full costume, after the show, that would be really meaningful and special as a fan.

I'm going to be seeing pretty much the same cast you saw in Australia in Shanghai, China this summer, in fact I just bought the tickets today, we'll be sitting in the section directly behind the VIP stalls, can't wait. Date will be August 15th.

And I'll be posting more now that Finals are over... I know you've all missed me so much <sarcasm> but it's been a tough past few weeks. It's a little hard for me to comment on the glistening chest of Roger Wright, though :lol: but any discussion of TLKOB is good discussion of course!

If you want to send the article/photos to me by e-mail simba2662, I can host it on my school web server to share with everyone.

HasiraKali
June 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Oh come on Tim, you know you like it. ;) :lol: But seriously, I did miss you. I was like... "Where's Tim?"

Linda
June 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM
THE LION KING MUSICAL, in London!! It was totally very unbelieveble GREAT!! Now I?m even more obsessed with the Lion King!! I cried, laughed but I hardly couldn?t see.. We had a great seat but this little kid in front of me couldn?t deside if he schould stand or sit down so he JUMPED! I got so annoyed.. But It was TOTALLY the best!! Loved it!!

:D :cheese:

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the TLKoB thread though. :)

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM
haha, I love the banner HK

Zaya
June 9th, 2006, 09:14 AM
HK, you excluded London Simba...I don't know...should I be happy or sad ;) But I love it :lol:

Linda...LK in London...you liked it...really? :evilgrin: Tell me more...:evilgrin: :lol: Any understudies? How was the cast...how was Mufasa?! I'm curious, I haven't seen the changed cast yet :D:cheese:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I'm sure Zaya is interested on how Simba performed ? :p

Zaya
June 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Grrrr, Nathalie, how could you guess that ;) :p

Yeah I wanna know if he rushed the keyboard guy again at Endless night :lol:

But really, I'd love to know about the new Mufasa (the old one kind of...wasn't my type :eww:) and I think they also replaced Shenzi...and Ed :confused:

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I left Brian out because he's yours ;) I have another one with Etienne and Gino but I wanted to leave some for Nath. :lol:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Oh, but you can put Gino in ... I only need Etienne :cheese: haha
And you can also have Danny *lol*

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 05:24 PM
:lol: Nah, you can keep Danny. If I take Etienne off, I'd need another one to add. :hmm:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Well, add Danny :p I never wanted him in the first place :lol:

*hmm* I get this feeling Danny isn't so loved ... haha

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Nah, I moved Wallace, Josh, and Clifton over and put Jason in the middle. ;) I'm gonna change it over right now. ;)

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
haha, you can squeeze loads of Simba's in 500 pixels :p

so, who's who? :cheese:

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Of course you could put zillions of Simbas in there. :lol: But then you really couldn't see them. ;)

It goes Gino Emnes, Vince Harder, Roger Wright, Jason Raize, Wallace Smith, Josh Tower, and Clifton Oliver. :D

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
girl, you obsessed :p

and you saw them all on stage aswell?

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Haha not all of them. I've seen Jason and Wallace. The others from just various clips and stuff. But if they're good enough to hook me from a clip, they're pretty good. ;)

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 06:17 PM
and apart from that, you're thinking "if they can glisten ... they got me hooked aswell" :p

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 06:19 PM
:lol: Roger is the most glisteny. But yes, that helps. ;)

Zaya
June 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Why do I feel left out here!! :lol: I want it to sparkle too! :D

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I could make you one if you want. :lol:

Zaya
June 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
btw. I see you upgraded your collection ;) What about Turanga Merito or what was the Australian one :confused: and the japanese ones :D - maybe the one in that clip ;) :lol:

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2006, 10:00 PM
:lol: The one that was um a little scrawny? :lol:

simba2662
June 10th, 2006, 07:32 AM
The Australian cast are so amazing. Buyisile Zama who plays Rafiki is so talented and has such a gorgeous smile. Her voice is so strong, its just a shame those clips of the Australian production are really poor quality.
Geno Segers (Mufasa) who has taken over the role from Jay, Tony Harvey (Scar), Terry Bader (Zazu) and Jamie Mcgregor (Timon) are all just amazing, you couldn?t ask for better performers.

I have sent the email off so that newspaper article should be up soon (Thanks Azerane). I also had my video camera outside the Regent theatre getting in all the surroundings and another Lion king on Broadway clip that I have on video, which has more footage from the opening scene, which is not on the Dvd, or any clips I have seen on the net.
It includes an interview with Julie Taymor and info on the New Amsterdam. I'll try to upload some as soon as possible ;)

nathalie
June 10th, 2006, 07:36 AM
B...b...but ... I want something sparkly too :(

"Which is not on the DVD", you mean the TLK DVD ? Since I haven't watched for like a year, I can't even remember what's on it and what's not, haha.

HasiraKali
June 10th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Geez. Everyone wants sparkly. :lol: Oh and I'm curious about these clips as well. ;) Can't wait to see them. Wasn't Geno Mufasa in Sydney and then Jay took over in Melbourne? Or am I on some sort of hallucinogenic drug? :confused: :evilgrin:

simba2662
June 10th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah the Lion King DVD sorry.

I think it may be the "hallucinogenic drug?" ;)

Lion_King_300
June 10th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Oh come on Tim, you know you like it. ;) :lol: But seriously, I did miss you. I was like... "Where's Tim?"

Aww thanks! :hugs: It's good to be back.

Yeah Adult Simba is my favorite characters in the show, but not exactly for that reason! Your new sig banner is just awesome too Amanda, great work on making that.

I finally completed by TLKOB shirt collection today when the shirt with 3 lion head logos arrived, that one was really hard to find! I'm pretty sure I have every TLKOB T-shirt that been sold (not counting the touring cast sparkly glitter shirts) there's 13 in total that I have.

Still want that snowglobe though, maybe they'll be selling merchandise in Shanghai for a little cheaper than in the US, doubtful though.

And.... drumroll please... I think I have something that might be of great interest to everyone.... check out this link:

A Lion King on Broadway DVD??? NO WAY!!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9146183033&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1)

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Yes, it's for real. I have only one copy, the original which I paid a LOT of money for from the original seller, and I'm selling it so someone else can enjoy it. For some reason it won't read on my computer but it works fine in any Region I dvd player, the quality is surprisingly good.

I do know one thing - this is the only copy of this being sold in the entire world, and I need money for my trip this summer... :evilgrin:

Lion_King_300
June 10th, 2006, 09:16 AM
The Australian cast are so amazing. Buyisile Zama who plays Rafiki is so talented and has such a gorgeous smile. Her voice is so strong, its just a shame those clips of the Australian production are really poor quality.
Geno Segers (Mufasa) who has taken over the role from Jay, Tony Harvey (Scar), Terry Bader (Zazu) and Jamie Mcgregor (Timon) are all just amazing, you couldn?t ask for better performers.

Oh that sounds great! Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it now. Some of the past Rafikis I've heard have been a little weak, particularly during the Circle of Life opening, so that's welcome news.

simba2662
June 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM
You wont be dissapointed.

With regards to the dvd, I didnt think you could sell any pirated or illegal coppies on ebay ?

Daniel
June 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM
you can sell tv programs on ebay cos they are on the public domain, and films as backup copies

but i'm not sure

Azerane
June 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Here's the article that Simba2662 sent to me to post here for you guys. And of course, photobucket shrunk the pic down but you can still read it and see the pic well :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/LKBroadwayArticle.jpg

Thanks for sharing that with us Simba2662, I know I don't have anything to compare it to but I thought the Melbourne cast was amazing!! Scar was simply incredible as was Adult Simba and Timon and Zazu.... well really, everyone was amazing!

HasiraKali
June 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Awesome. :D I really do think Geno was in the show before Jay though. :lol: Oh well, I'm old, my mind is slipping. :p That DVD is really cool Tim. ;) (not that I've seen it or anything >.> <.<)

Lion_King_300
June 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
You wont be dissapointed.

With regards to the dvd, I didnt think you could sell any pirated or illegal coppies on ebay ?

No, it falls safely within Ebay guidelines, in fact that is where I got it in the first place. As long as the video is a "home" video (shot privately) and not by an official company like Disney then it's okay to sell it. I wasn't sure about this but there are a LOT of auctions on ebay selling burned DVD copies of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom in Florida, for instance and also the TLK parade.

In fact, I heard it is illegal to sell recordings of TV shows on videotape, but as long as you shot something with your own personal camera it becomes your property. I guess in the end it's the theatres fault for letting whoever shot this footage do it.

I can't imagine the person that shot this went the whole show without being caught or talked to or told to stop, it almost makes me think that he had special permission to do so from the theatre ushers/manager or somebody of higher power.

simba2662
June 11th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Thats great then, hope it sells at a high price.

The clips of the Sydney show was definitely Jay and Geno came in later. Geno signed my book and the cast booklet had him playing Mufasa ;)

Sharifu
June 11th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
Aww thanks! :hugs: It's good to be back.

Hey I missed you too Tim! ;) :hugs: And wow, I can't believe you're selling that DVD! You paid a lot for it! But it's nice to let other people see it. I hope you make a profit from it. And it's awesome you get to see TLKoB in China, hey, you're selling it in the same month I'm seeing it in London. ;)

Zaya
June 11th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey Tim, I missed you too, you always have the longer posts :D and you can write now more instead of me (cause it's my turn now to do exams ;) ) Oh, look that DVD is an LA cast one ain't it? :)

HasiraKali
June 11th, 2006, 03:32 PM
It's the same one that I showed you Z. ;)

Zaya
June 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I knoooow ;) shhhh :D

Lion_King_300
June 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Thats great then, hope it sells at a high price.

The clips of the Sydney show was definitely Jay and Geno came in later. Geno signed my book and the cast booklet had him playing Mufasa ;)

Yeah, I remember watching the "They Live in You" clip from the Sydney show and Jay's singing voice did seem a little weak, no doubt Geno is better.

Who is the Adult Simba now? It's not Vince Harder still is it?

Lion_King_300
June 12th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Yes it's the LA cast, back in the starting days of Rufus Bonds as Mufasa who's still in the role today. Moe Daniels as Adult Nala has just an incredible singing voice, she's the best out of all the Nalas I've seen, even live in the theatre.

And... has there been another copy of this DVD floating around somewhere??? Or a different DVD entirely?

:eww: :lol:

Ohh and I added screenshot links to my Ebay auction page. That might have been a little risky but I've had a lot of requests.

Zaya
June 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah it's LA, London Simba used to be part of the ensemble then, that's why I kinda know about the cast and stuff :D

To the Australian cast...I think it's Turanga Merito..or am I wrong? :confused:

Neola
June 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
A Lion King on Broadway DVD??? NO WAY!!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9146183033&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1)

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Couldn't you make another copy of it? :(
I would be the happiest lioness around if I could see that musical but unfortunately I can neither afford going to see it in real life nor buying a dvd for more than $51.00 + shipping costs atm...=(

HasiraKali
June 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM
That vid is on the underground trade. It's highly limited though which is pretty cool I guess. :lol: It's a really good shot and a pretty good cast. And yeah, you can hear London Simba on it. ;)

Vince Harder is in my harem. ;) :lol:

Zaya
June 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Yes :D Yes :D, you can hear London Simba :lol: I had to ;)

Oh, really, you locked up Vince too...Did you buy a bigger closet now that there's so many of them ;) They have some good ones in IKEA...and if you're going there, don't forget to buy one of those shower curtains :lol:

HasiraKali
June 12th, 2006, 08:09 PM
:lol: They're crammed in there pretty tight. But it just makes it more fun when they fight for who gets to come out and play each night. ;)

Zaya
June 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Ahaaaa...there's the catch...So I should put my only Simba :lol: :( into that shoe box with someone else, just so he gets to fight...gets more exciting then ;)

HasiraKali
June 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah. :lol: You could put like a cardboard cutout of another Simba in there to try to trick him into being all tough. ;)

simba2662
June 13th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah its Turanga Merito.

Vince Harder performed the first time i watched the show and I thought his singing voice was ok. The other two times it was Turanga and although he's not the strongest singer he plays simba very well.

Vince left the cast to audition for the X Factor. The show was a huge flop and although he was in the final group I have not heard anything from him sinse.

nathalie
June 13th, 2006, 07:02 AM
May I point out that if you wanna talk stuff about that DVD (which isn't legally made I presume) you take that to your PM's ? ;) Thank you ^_^

@ Neola, you that far away from Hamburg?

Zaya
June 13th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah. :lol: You could put like a cardboard cutout of another Simba in there to try to trick him into being all tough. ;)

Exactly! I'm gonna do that...he won't notice anyway in the dark ;) I'll say it's Etienne :lol:

Trying to think of him being all tough and stuff but I can't really see him like that haha :confused: He's too sweet :browlift:

nathalie
June 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hey, Etienne is mine :(

I never saw him IRL though, but who cares :cheese:

:lol:

Zaya
June 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Haha, now don't worry, it'll be just a pic of Etienne, stuck on one side of the shoe-box...when mine sees him, he'll get all tough and start fighting for me, aww, now that would be nice :D

so we both get profit from it :lol:

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
@ Neola, you that far away from Hamburg?
Yes, I couldn't be mach further away...Hamburg's in the very north of Germany and I live at the southern border...very very far away :(

nathalie
June 13th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Southern, in like Switersland? Holland? Belgium?

Yeah, I was never the best a geogrophie ^_^

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 02:33 PM
in umm...Germany! *points to profile* :lol:
At the border to Switzerland

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9963/map7cv.png

nathalie
June 13th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I love the smiley edition you did :lol:

and wauw, that's totally on the other side :(

Zaya
June 13th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Would be almost the same if you went to see it in London...and much more fun :lol: :p

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
I love the smiley edition you did :lol:

and wauw, that's totally on the other side :(
Haha, yeah it is...12 driving hours I think =(

And yeah, I'd prefer going to London anyways, I don't like the German version that much. I don't have the money though.