Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Me being such a long-time Duck comics fan I've actually found the new Ducktales to be unwatchable :') Barks/Don Rosa Ducks are the only canon ducks to me and I seriously couldn't even get through the first episode. It's a pity because, yeah, David Tennant, but it was just too painful xP I don't mind the older Ducktales though, probably because of nostalgia, haha. (And because Huey, Dewey and Louie aren't teenagers in that one. Geeeez what an awful design choice.)

I'm playing Planet Zoo at the moment. I've had my eye on the game for a while and it was on sale now, so I decided to go for it. It's really super complex and crazy in some regards, but pretty easy and manageable in others, so I'm getting used to it The graphics are so gorgeous! It's the main reason I bought it really xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Me being such a long-time Duck comics fan I've actually found the new Ducktales to be unwatchable :') Barks/Don Rosa Ducks are the only canon ducks to me and I seriously couldn't even get through the first episode. It's a pity because, yeah, David Tennant, but it was just too painful xP I don't mind the older Ducktales though, probably because of nostalgia, haha. (And because Huey, Dewey and Louie aren't teenagers in that one. Geeeez what an awful design choice.)
    I agree on the Barks/ Don Rosa ducks being the only canon ones for me as well. There's no going back once you've read the comics.

I quite enjoyed the old series and when the reboot was released, though I was enthusiastic, I kind of cringed at the new designs. The first time I tried to watch it I admit I didn't get very far, but I gave it another try about a year ago. And I have to say, the storylines are pretty nice! I don't take them very seriously and some things still bug me, but all in all I think it's a great series and stays true at the very least to the Barksian spirit. And the voice acting is fantastic.