Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Life in quarantine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since I moved to another state (from California to Colorado) and took my job full time remote less than 2 months before all the shelter-in-place orders started, not a ton has changed for me. I was already not going many places because I still barely know anyone here, and I was working from home anyway. So not a ton has changed for me -- it is just a lonelier version of what would have been the case otherwise. I'll consider myself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    You can't really buy any masks online, they seem to back ordered and you can't get any until months from now. I could try to get crafty and make something for us, but I don't have any bandanas, or old or extra clothes that I just want to destroy to make masks. But starting April 22, it is going to be required that you wear one when in public, that police might start fining you if you are not wearing one. I guess it's to help when you are in places that make social distancing difficult, like grocery stores and pharmacies.
    All of Colorado has that same mask requirement now. I think it's supposed to be a general rule anywhere you go outside the home but I've been to the park several times and seen plenty of people walking around without them.

Audra, you might find some bandanas in one of the bags in the closet of my old room. I was looking for some when I was considering make my own mask, and realized they were probably in a bag I left behind. I managed to order some masks on Etsy just last week and they arrived in 2-3 days (from vendors located in the US, mind you), so that might be another option for the long term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    Since I moved to another state (from California to Colorado) and took my job full time remote less than 2 months before all the shelter-in-place orders started, not a ton has changed for me. I was already not going many places because I still barely know anyone here, and I was working from home anyway. So not a ton has changed for me -- it is just a lonelier version of what would have been the case otherwise. I'll consider myself lucky.
    I'm glad that we on the same situation, just waiting for any on call work at the moment.

Our situation on the lockdown and virus are on positive, less than 10 confirmed cases daily and someone we would go through with no death more than 3 days, for the past 3 days? Today was the "worst" due for 2 confirmed death. I'm really sure the lockdown going to be lifted in 28 according to plan.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So not a ton has changed for me -- it is just a lonelier version of what would have been the case otherwise.
    Lonelier version? Do you at times miss going to a place to work, and seeing your co-workers? I do hope you are enjoying your new life in Colorado.

Audra, you might find some bandanas in one of the bags in the closet of my old room. I was looking for some when I was considering make my own mask, and realized they were probably in a bag I left behind. I managed to order some masks on Etsy just last week and they arrived in 2-3 days (from vendors located in the US, mind you), so that might be another option for the long term.
    Thanks for letting me know. But I actually already made some masks with cutting up a pillow case. (I didn't think about using pillow cases before) But it felt so thick... But the last day I was at work, I found out we were selling masks. So I was able to buy some cotton masks, and they came in a pack of two. Perfect for us, since Petteri will need one too. They are a bit easier to breath out of then the ones I made with a pillow case. Too bad I destroyed a pillow case now. (But honestly, we have a lot of pillow cases)

Nathalie, I'm glad to hear your dad seems to be doing well. That is too bad about his lungs though. But other than that, he sounds like he is strong and a fighter.

I forgot to mention this, but my job makes us take our temperature (using an infrared forehead thermometer) when we arrive to work. We have been doing that for about a week and a half now. Another new thing going on at my job is that there is going to be only a few registers that will be able to accept cash, but most wont. I also have some good news, I got the full time position at my job. It will be effective this Monday. Although HR couldn't tell me if I would get health insurance by May 1st. She said I might be lucky enough for that to happen, but I would have to wait until I can see my first May paycheck. But at least I feel relived I got the full time position, and I didn't have to change departments or store locations.
    Last edited by Sharifu; April 24th, 2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art