Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Travel: where have you been? Where would you like to go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been dying for years to get an Interrail global pass and just travel around Europe by train for a month. Just take my time and visit as many places as possible. I love travelling by train, it's such a chill experience to take your time and enjoy places in my opinion. But yeah, another thing that will have to wait with the whole covid-19 situation. Plus money I don't have right now.

But it's definitely one thing I still dream of doing someday.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    I've been dying for years to get an Interrail global pass and just travel around Europe by train for a month. Just take my time and visit as many places as possible. I love travelling by train, it's such a chill experience to take your time and enjoy places in my opinion. But yeah, another thing that will have to wait with the whole covid-19 situation. Plus money I don't have right now.

But it's definitely one thing I still dream of doing someday.
    I would LOVE doing something like that because i love trains and also love to visit new places. unfortunately, Brazil no long has long distance rail lines, so i would need to go somewhere else to do such thing.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have been to many places, though mostly within Europe!

Europe
    England - Where I'm from, specifically Yorkshire. I still live here now!
    Scotland - Only been to Edinburgh, but planning a trip to Glasgow in the future.
    Wales - Cardiff, Bangor, Blaenau Ffestiniog, and of course Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch (I went here for my 30th birthday)
    Ireland - Been to Dublin a few times, but need to see more of the country

France - Paris and Disneyland Paris, naturally
    Spain - Too many to mention, I've been to so much of Spain and the Spanish islands!
    Netherlands - Amsterdam but haven't been for 20 years, really need to fix that and see more!
    Germany - Berlin, Münster, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Magdeburg, Suhl. I love Germany
    Poland - Gdańsk. I love this city. Also want to see more of Poland someday.
    Ukraine - Kyiv, Pripyat/Chernobyl. Another awesome country!
    Norway - Sola, Stavanger
    Sweden - Malmö, Gothenburg. Need to see Stockholm someday!
    Finland - Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Turku, Tampere, Jyväskylä, Rovaniemi, Oulu. My most favourite country ever!

I've also connected in Denmark and Belgium airport

North America

Mexico - Mexico City, Mérida, Valladolid, Cancún, Chetumal. Visited Mexico in 2014, had an awesome time
    Bahamas - Nassau

USA - see below

The USA is probably my most frequently visited country so it gets its own category

USA
    New York - Syracuse, Rochester (need to visit NYC one day!)
    Florida - Orlando, Tampa, Daytona Beach, St Augustine, Cape Canaveral
    Georgia - Atlanta
    Washington - Seattle, Renton
    Oregon - Portland, Clackamas, Tillamook, Cannon Beach, Medford
    California - San Francisco, San Jose, Burbank, Anaheim (Disneyland yay!)
    Nevada - Reno, Las Vegas
    Arizona - Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Page
    Utah - Monument Valley

I've also connected in Minneapolis/St Paul MN, Charlotte NC, and Salt Lake City UT

I _think_ that's everywhere I've been! No doubt I've forgotten some places though.

As for where I'd like to go, Australia and New Zealand definitely, as well as places in South America like Chile. I think I'd also quite like to visit Japan. Oh, and Canada!