Quote Originally Posted by saitenyo View Post
There are right and wrong answers from my own perspective. As for whether or not there are right and wrong answers from a purely objective or divine perspective, that I cannot answer. I don't think we have enough information about life/the universe to answer that question.

I do agree, yes. Like I said, I maintain, from my personal perspective, that there are definitive right or wrong answers if morality is based on how the well-being of others has been affected. I think that is something we can judge based on available evidence. I just meant that we have no way of knowing whether or not there truly is a divine moral code of right and wrong, beyond simply judging cause and effect.
Even if there was a God out there with his self-proclaimed perfect moral code, what would that change? Would we be obligated to follow that code? Why? We as conscious beings are perfectly justified in evaluating the morality of other conscious beings without any guidance from some mystical objective authority "out there".
Any divine moral code would also fall under the umbrella of moral claims we are free to evaluate and critique based on evidence.

And why would a moral code created by a God (=assumably an immaterial conscious entity outside time and temporal experiences) apply to humans (=material, capable of experiencing physical interaction) in the first place? It's not clear that a God would have the same goals of well-being as we do.