As it currently stands, a convicted felon that has served his or her time in prison and has been released is not allowed to vote in any political ballot/election for the rest of his/her life*. In some states, a person in this situation can be granted clemency, but this is usually by the executive branch and is very subjective to how the person will be voting (ie, don't expect to get clemency if you'll vote against the person granting it). This bothers me, as the person has paid their debt to society and should not have constitutional rights stripped of them for eternity.

The only response I've ever heard to this is "Well, don't commit a felony and you don't have to worry about it." To me, that doesn't cut it. The debate isn't whether to commit a felony or not, it's why people are not being allowed suffrage after they have supposedly been "Rehabilitated", "Corrected", or at the very least have "Paid their debts" to society. Especially with this "War on Drugs" (tm), this is becoming a problem in the US.

*This is in the US.