Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2210

Thread: Looking for TLKoB midis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah. I've known him a long time. I didn't even know he had the script until a few weeks ago. He teases me with pictures of it.

This one's my favourite page he's shown me so far. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...KoB/Image4.jpg

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have returned! The show was awesome, as usual There were lots of tech issues tonight though. Naughty sound techs... they were leaving mics on for some reason and we heard some gossip from some of the female cast members during the little interlude right before TLiY.

As for the cast, there were two major cast changes from the last time I saw this company. Mufasa and Banzai. Both were pretty good. Geno is officially one of my top Mufasas. He has a really deep voice. It actually shocked me when he said his first line. Loved his delivery of the "Nobody messes with your dad" line. And best of all... he has a Bachelor's of Science! So do I! The new Banzai really didn't impress me, but he wasn't bad. Kevin Grey has been promoted from a 3 on the Scar Scale (tm) to a 7. All because his mic wasn't on during the very beginning of Be Prepared, yet he managed to project and still be audible. Huzzah for formal training. Tim McGeever has also been promoted on the Zazu Scale (tm). Both of these two were brand new in the cast last May, so it's good to see that they've grown into their roles a little. Ta'Rea and Wallace were their usual awesome selves. I think Wallace may have a little bit of a stuffy nosey because he was a little more nasally than usual. And I heard him sniffle during one of the many mic mishaps tonight.

There was also a pretty big blocking/set change addition this time around. During the stampede, when Mufasa and Zazu enter on stage right, they usually just walk out from behind the arch. This time, there was a huge wagon platform with a tree cut out, similar to the one that Simba hangs from. They were rolled on instead of just walking out. It freaked me out. Some of the dances looked a little different to me as well. The lioness hunt was the same, but some of the choreography in the battle sequence seemed different. I don't know, maybe I was just distracted

It's late and I'm tired after that drive, so I'm off now. Tootles!

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that sounds so awesome Amanda!!! I'm so happy you got to see Gino, I saw him in Shanghai and I definitely think he is the best Mufasa ever, even better than Rufus Bonds which I didn't think was possible. The ONLY time ever They Live in You gave me the chills his singing voice and delivery was so good.

Great that you got to see Wallace too, nice to see he's still going strong, he's been with the tour now since mid 2005 so almost two years now! Hope he has at least another left in him, he's one of the best Simbas on the planet, I've seen six different ones. Did you gather up the courage to go to the stage door this time? Maybe he would remember you from San Antonio?

I remember Ta'Rea from Portland, she had just started earlier that year at about the same time as Wallace, and she was very good also.

I was shocked at the many changes I noticed the last time in Orlando, and I guess they're always tweaking with stuff - and it's pretty safe because 99.9% of the people in the audience are seeing the show for the first time (or at least that cast/company is the first one they've seen)
    so no one would notice. I'd have to see that wagon cart with the tree that does sound really weird.

Tech problems... guess they were asleep on the job. The worst tech problem I remember was in one of the Portland performances the mic blew during Shadowland for about 5-10 seconds (I don't remember if it was the time I went with Audra or not, maybe she remembers) and Ta'Rea doesn't have the loudest singing voice so it was pretty awkwardly silent for a moment but she kept going and thankfully it got fixed right away.

Anyway, love to hear more, what souvenirs you got, if you met the cast, any pics, etc when you get a chance, glad to hear you had such a great time as always... you're now into double digits! 10 TLKOB views you are one craaaazy cat!

Oh yeah, and where was the shower curtain from? That page you posted from the script was really interesting, thanks for sharing that (and I hope he shares more with you)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't get to met the cast. The garage where we parked closed at 11 and we had to drive home. I think we'll go to the door when we go next time since that show will be earlier and it won't be so late when we're done.

There really wasn't anything new souvenir wise. Did you get my text? They were selling programs of course, but they came with a tote bag thinger. When I asked for one at the stand though, the guy gave me a regular bag. I'll pick on up next time. I was going to see if I could just get the tote since someone already got me the program.

I still can't get over how weird that wagon was... and how off the tech was. Dawn said she wanted to go smack them.

Oh and the shower curtain was from Pier 1.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hasira, I don't know if you've seen this video or the Japanese TLKoB, but I thought you might like this. A very well-done adult Simba (kind of cute, too )...and interesting in another langauge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2sQr...elated&search=

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Kiara.

I found another video. I think I've seen it before, but everything has started to run together. It's a promo vid for the Broadway production. http://www.sightchecker.com/emusicalsite.html

Oh and this one has a bit of Japanese Simba glisten! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGb_dFi7UUU

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, just thought I'd share the excitement, I've been Lion King backstaging, saw all the masks and stuff!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OoooooO! Did they let you take pictures by any chance? That's awesome.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You were there again? LOL
    Hey, about pics... do you have them?

samo pls ne re?t da niso dovolili...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, no, pictures weren't allowed, I guess I could take a sneaky one here and there but I'd rather not cause I didn't wanna get people who got us in into trouble.

It was amazing tho, I couldn't believe how lite everything was, and Timon has a soft face, and Zazu the pupet is hand painted, every single feather. Oh and the cheetah, it's made of some kind of fabric, so when you look at it up close you can see trough a lil bit haha. Loved the Simba and Nala mask, they're alot smaller than they look.

And each actor has their own bucket with paint that matches their natural skin color and shoes colored to match their skin color, it's so funny! I loved it

Oh and the masks are made right there inside the theatre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting! Masks are made in there? paint for every single actor? I couldn't belive that! I don't know when we will have a theatre like that! Only in dreams!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    THat would've been great to go backstage and see all those things. Pity you couldn't take photos, though I understand why.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just got back from Austin and the show. Got to see Vusi Sondiyazi as Simba tonight. He was really good. He was also the tallest Simba I have ever seen. He had to lean down to hug Ta'rea during CYFtLT. Tech was much better, few new choreography things I noticed. The buzzards just before Timon and Pumbaa make the first entrance had some interesting new stuff. Also noticed for the first time, that there are doubles in Chow Down. I always thought they were just supposed to be other hyenas, but they're doubles of Shenzi, Banzai and Ed. And Kevin Gray has been promoted to an 8 on the Scar Scale(tm).

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey you saw Vusi! The very first time I saw TLKOB he was the understudy for local star Brandon Louis. I do remember that he had a very thick accent but his singing voice was fantastic... I wrote in my review that he sounded a lot like Jason Raize during Endless night.

Never knew about the doubles during Chow Down, I'll have to watch for that next time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When I saw his name on that big chart thinger they have with all the understudies, I freaked out! Of course I was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to see Wallace again, but I was so excited because I had wanted to see him for ages. I was not disappointed. He had me at "It means no worries..." I thoroughly enjoyed his accent.

They didn't have any new merch, but I got some stuff I didn't have and had been debating about. I got the baseball hat (which Dawn says I already have, but I don't know ), a new sun shirt to replace my old one, the newer charm bracelet, and another program. One to put away and one to drool on. I went over there just to get the hat and left Dawn by the door to the theater. When I came back, she was like "That looks like more than the hat." "I am ashamed," is all I could think of.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This thread is making me sad? Where have all the TLKoB fans gone?

Here's a picture to try to lure them back...

Y'all make Josh Tower sad.

Oh and my friend sent me the TLK script. And I didn't have to marry him.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :: Drools ::
    He's hot....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would be haunting this board if I'd SEEN TLKoB. Having to see a musical event for Music Appreciation would've been the perfect excuse, but it came too late. *smashes things*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Houston yes? I've heard rumours that it's coming back around that area sometime earlier next year.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *crosses fingers*
    Hey, Hasira, I just noticed you live in San Antonio. Coolness!

I'd love to go backstage for a look at the props, lighting, and costumes. It's just so amazing. When Julie Taymor said "I want elegant, not cute", that's what she got. It's freakin' art!