Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lillymud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, VK, I think someone else registered that name originally. But they never used their account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm an ex-lilymudder from 2002 who is going to give this community a try. (just found this place today) It's a long story as to why I want nothing to do with Lilymud anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Tigress
    I'm an ex-lilymudder from 2002 who is going to give this community a try. (just found this place today) It's a long story as to why I want nothing to do with Lilymud anymore.
    Welcome to Lea!...Hopefully you'll still want something to do with us after you get to know me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Welcome to Lea!...Hopefully you'll still want something to do with us after you get to know me...
    Thanks for the welcome. And I really like the smiley set up here. I've been browsing some posts here and already it seems pretty nice and laid back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Tigress
    Thanks for the welcome. And I really like the smiley set up here. I've been browsing some posts here and already it seems pretty nice and laid back.
    Yeah, the smilies are cool.....

nice and laid back?....Damnit, People! We've been slacking...I need this message board to convey a feeling of insanity and randomness...Do I have to do it by my self?...<<<this is my favorite smilie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by va-kasi
    Haha yes. One of the major differences between the two forums is thread bumping.

Stictly forbidden on Lilymud, strictly encouraged on Lea
    Ha, funny, I was reading this thread thinking "Hmm, it's a couple pages back...I wonder if anyone'll get annoyed with me for bumping it up again?"
    Though technically, threads have to be a bit older than that to be considered "unbumpable."

Air already said a lot of what I would have wanted to say. I'm a new member here and don't know much about it, but I like this place so far. I love TLK but I'm not as actively into the fandom these days, so Lilymud probably appeals to me more in the sense that we have a broader range of topics...it involves more of the fanart community and less of the TLK-specific fandom community.

I've been at Lilymud ever since the EZBoard days...I've watched it change over the years, go through good times and bad...and I still love the place. It's the only forum I really visit regularly and I can see myself remaining there for years to come, mostly because I've made a lot of good friends there, and I enjoy the discussions that go on.

I know some people consider Lilymud filled with drama since we tend to get the occasional controversial topic popping up...but honestly, I don't think it's really that drama-filled. I enjoy those topics, they're intellectually stimulating.

Oh, and for the record, that thread bashing Lea was NOT met with much kindness. If anything, I think it inspired a lot of Lilymud members to come check this place out. I also love seeing new members at Lilymud, so long as they follow the rules. I know we also sometimes have a reputation for being a bit strict, but as someone who's been there for a long time, trust me, our system works well for us. And there're definitely forums out there that're far worse.

As for the member activation problems, I'm a mod, not an admin, so I don't know all the technical details about that. We have seem to have had a few problems with those lately, but if you feel your activation is taking too long, just email a staff member (preferably an admin since they're the ones who can actually activate you, but I don't mind getting emails either...I just forward the message onto an admin) and they'll get you set up rather quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TheUnknownSoul
    Im a lilymudder xD I only pop over here sometimes. Though, Ive been concidering coming more over here. They've been real butts lately D:
    Yeah I agree They pick on me a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by thelionkingfan
    Aww...we pick on you, too...We don't discriminate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    XD I love you, Roog. Marry me? :9

Ahhh what I was saying? Lilymud. Not half bad, no. Fun place to pop in on from time to time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    XD I love you, Roog. Marry me? :9
    ...okay...but you're gonna have to take a number...

Sincerely,

Roog, the delightfully arrogant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by thelionkingfan
    What exactly do you mean by picking on? If someone's flaming you or something you should report it to the staff, we certainly don't condone that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm..I don't know, I love Lilymud. Didn't realize there were so many things wrong with it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Cerise
    Hmm..I don't know, I love Lilymud. Didn't realize there were so many things wrong with it...
    Eh, every forum has its pros and cons. Lilymud's certainly not perfect and I doubt this place is either...I guess certain cons just bother some people more than others. Honestly, forums like these are delightful compared to most on the web, despite any cons. The internet can be a very ugly place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SpiritWolf77
    Eh, every forum has its pros and cons. Lilymud's certainly not perfect and I doubt this place is either...I guess certain cons just bother some people more than others. Honestly, forums like these are delightful compared to most on the web, despite any cons. The internet can be a very ugly place.
    I like some forums because I don't have to watch my language and what I say...that can be a con to many people, but I love it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I like some forums because I don't have to watch my language and what I say...that can be a con to many people, but I love it...
    XD So true. Just sometimes ya wanna saying ******* *** **** but ya can't, ya know? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    XD So true. Just sometimes ya wanna saying ******* *** **** but ya can't, ya know? :P
    Haha...yeah, most of the time for me it's sexual innuendos or something...almost as if I was chilling at AppleBees or Los Betos with my boys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, Lilymud works for me,i love it actually, (sure, it was hard at first.. it was a large place... and the sign up thing... kind of a ritual of passage xD.. j/k); made lots of frineds there ^_^.
    And i'm defenately not gonna make a comparison between there and here, cause it's just ridiculous, i mean it's like comparing green with red, but hey, they are colors right ?, some like green some like red, others.. blue, lol ... :P . All that counts is the people and how or why they post, that's all.