Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lillymud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    Haha, you got it wrong ... I just mented that, you pointed out to her, that hers was still big, while yours is slighty bigger.

*lol*
    Well, whatever. I was just pointing it out. Haha.

But if it's oversize, I wouldn't mind resizing it. That's what I was trying to say.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it alot more confusing concerning layouts here. To all of you critisizing Lilymud, stop, because it's a great forum, and to all of you over-reacting about defending Lilymud, also stop:K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well as for Lilymud itself, I don't think it's a bad forum. I just prefer to come here since I know a lot more people and some of the people here are close friends.

I usually pay a visit to Lilymud various times during the day. However, I don't post as much as I used to. I just find I don't really have the time to post on more than one forum, especially since I've got coursework and such to get on with as well.

So obviously, if I was to choose between Lilymud and Lea I'd choose Lea because of obvious reasons which I mentioned already.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tamu
    I find it alot more confusing concerning layouts here. To all of you critisizing Lilymud, stop, because it's a great forum, and to all of you over-reacting about defending Lilymud, also stop:K
    If someone here critisize lilymud they can if they are nice about it and not just say that its a dump or something after all constructive critisizm is good for development but of course stuff like saying that its a dump is out of line.

and if someone critisize lea they should also make it constructive otherwise people will get defensive.

I have no real experience of lilymud so I cant judge it.

I was wondering about the layouts, what is confusing about them? (not getting defensive here, just wondering what other people are thinking )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, this forum is another type of forum also
    (there are loads of different hosts out there where you can make a forum)

But it all looks pretty much the same. Apart from the color use.

So I also don't really know what people mean when they say that this lay out is confusing.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im a lilymudder xD I only pop over here sometimes. Though, Ive been concidering coming more over here. They've been real butts lately D:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a lilymudder
    D:
    When this link was brought to my attention I had to take a peek.
    Something about someone making a snarky comment about this board. Personally... I choose lilymud for one of two reasons.. check art trade options, and art theft. Other than that I really have nothing to post about over there.
    I'm even one of the moldy oldies from back when it was on ez-board D:

Man I feel old.

Anyhoo... the fact that some of the 'mudders' over there have gone and stuck up for this board by saying someone should drop a certain topic of which board is better.. tells ya they respect both boards.

I have had an account here for a while.. forgot I had an account, and am only just recently posting.

True, I like the layout here, I like the layout there.
    I don't use the RP forums, and yes, lately it's been swamped by n00bs.

I can't say what I think of this place as of yet, seeing as how I'm only in lurk mode.

I hardly say much to begin with but when I see this stupid argument, I have to pop in and say something.

Defending both boards D: OMG I'm such a sinner.

*edit*

Uhhhh
    Hm.
    I must've had a different user name then or something...
    Raven-RavenDynamo-Dynamo-Dainamo...
    cause I recall posting an intro message like.. a while back but apparently I only have one post and that's this one. Hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both boards are cool. I like Lilymud because of it's predominate female population...and I like Lea because it gives me more freedom, such as what I can put in my sig...

Both boards have really awesome people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This link was also brought to my attention.
    Man, I havent been here in a while, lol

I just wanted to say, we have alot of registered members ther,e but believe me, 1'000 members are NOT active there, LOL

We have the usual amount of people posting and commenting per day, but the only reason there are so many members is because we've been around for a few years now and Lilymud is often advertised (ie. on the TLKFAA links)

Im not a big fan of all the subforums either, but for places like the RolePlay forum they are sometimes needed.

Like any message board, once you go there for a few days, the place will feel much smaller. Lea intimidates me because I dont come here often, and it does seem huge and unorganised, but I could be wrong since I dont go through all the forums often here.

And for the record, you do NOT have to be an artist, or fan-artist the be a Lilymud member. We have an art forum, but you dont have to have art to post there, lol

*edit*

I also wanted to mention the waiting times for registration. Depending on the time of year, activation may be slower than usual. It could take a few days to receive the email. Please check your junk mail folder if you're waiting for an activation email, and if you find it is taking too long, why not just look at the staff list and email one of the moderators?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Air Guitar shut down the Lea bashing thread on Lilymud....she was like...Hell No!!!...If it were a movie...I think it would've been Gladiator or something cool with swords and Russell Crowe...

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    If it were a movie...I think it would've been Gladiator or something cool with swords and Russell Crowe...
    I'd pay good money to see that, lol.
    *plots*

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Air Guitar shut down the Lea bashing thread on Lilymud....she was like...Hell No!!!...If it were a movie...I think it would've been Gladiator or something cool with swords and Russell Crowe...
    Awe hell no, I dun think so!
    *snaps fingers*

Yeah, swords are sweeeeeeeet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked
    I'd pay good money to see that, lol.
    *plots*
    ...So would I...but first I need money...

Awe hell no, I dun think so!
    *snaps fingers*

Yeah, swords are sweeeeeeeet.
    ...and I agree...anything that can easily go through someone else is Sweet!!!...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't post at Lilymud even though I registered so long ago, I never got that email and I check my junk mail all the time too...

It's really annoying, I can't seem to do anything about it.

Lilymud seems kind of confusing to me from what I've seen but I'm sure I would get used to it after a while.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I can't post at Lilymud even though I registered so long ago, I never got that email and I check my junk mail all the time too...

It's really annoying, I can't seem to do anything about it.

Lilymud seems kind of confusing to me from what I've seen but I'm sure I would get used to it after a while.
    What name did you register with?
    After you are activated you are sent the email. Even if you were not accepted you get an email. Your name isnt in the new registrations, so you must have got it after you were registered...

*edit*

Just looked you up, you're all registered and stuff now. An email should arrive in your inbox soon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, thank you for looking that up for me, AirGuiTaR.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, I am actually stunned in this thread ... Because someone actually is using the edit button *yay*

haha

(sorry, back on topic now )

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    *nods* The same happened with me when I registered there the first time. At that time I registered with my original SN, 'King Simba'. I decided to re-register under the name 'Namabi'.

It happens to quite a few people from what I've seen though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    *nods* The same happened with me when I registered there the first time. At that time I registered with my original SN, 'King Simba'. I decided to re-register under the name 'Namabi'.

It happens to quite a few people from what I've seen though.
    We dont encourage re-registering. Chances are if you are registered under one name, your second account will not be activated. Instead you have to ask mods for your original nick to be re-named. Alot of people forget that they already registered and just register with a new name and wonder why their account doesnt get activated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure "king simba" was already a RP account at lilymud anyway wasn't it?