Originally posted by snow-jemima
If you're a fan-artist on TLKFAA then you just have to be on Lilymud, it's such a cool place.
I once had someone tell me that it didn't make sense for me to be on the fa.tlk.org archive and not be on Lilymud. That gave me quite a chuckle...I mean, since when it it required that fa.tlk.org artists be on Lilymud?

I was actually on Lilymud BEFORE it became known as Lilymud, back it was run by Cally on Ezboard and known as "The Lion King Fan Art Message Board" (a name I don't feel really suits it any longer). I left about 2 years ago and haven't really been back since, save for a few times when someone passed me a thread that might interest me. I didn't really get along with the way things were run there...too many sub forums with gray areas on where you post what, too much drama, popularity contest issues, too many mods gumming up the works...all the fun stuff that comes with a forum that has a high population with a fast-paced environment.
It was fun while it lasted but the board got too crowded and cliquish for me. I wonder if it's changed since then though...? *shrugs*

I like it the atmosphere here much better, though I do miss some of my old Lilymud acquaintances.

Lilymud is an excellent board to go to if you're looking for some gallery recognition or if you want some good art tips/critique. =^^=
I like the Emotional Creativity forum as well...a drama hub that gives people an outlet to post about daily life crap without cluttering up the main chat forums.