Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Incredibles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mushroom
    I felt like screaming, "Get over it Marlin! You wimp!" y'know why, cos I didn't like the character!!!!
    o_O Forget for a second that's a 3D animated fish, how do you tell ANYONE to get over it when they think their son is dead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mushroom, of course I'm not going to "turn around on you on this one and just slap you in the face all the time screaming, 'Get with reality!!!!' " I love you too much to do that. XD

But as someone who has not only studied films but their audiences as well, there are somethings I must comment on. Not for you, but more so for other reading this who want to know what someone who "knows the busisness" would say... because truthfully I fell that if I'm wrong about your dislike of 3D affecting your story enjoyment, then you just have poor taste in cinema. (Judging by the fact that you're posting at a TLK message board, UI'm guessing/hoping that it's my first guess and not the second.)

I believe now that your "hatred" towards computer animation has overgrown so much that you are now blinded from actually taking in and enjoying the story the drives it. Kind of sad, seeing as how now that's all we have to offer you. Next time you see a computer animated movie don't look at it as eye candy. And when it's over, sit for a minuet and reflect on the story and how it works. I bet you'll start to like, and if not, respect it more.

There's no such thing as a really pointless character. Whether you realize it or not, every character in any movie, book, play, tv show or anything is there for a reason. If a character did not help to support the backbone of a story it would have been cut. And to defend you examples, the Pixar braintrust is an amazing group of storytellers and they know exactally what they are doing.

And please don't go pulling out pshycological theories on me about, "Oh but it's what you grew up with etc." cos that just not how it works.
    Correction! Not how it works for you. Once again, coming from someone who had studied test audiences, the reason most people who reject 3D animation dislike it is because they (and I quote) "have trouble letting go of what they are used to and are pulling away as a result of dissapoinment once learning that traditional animation has been abandoned by most all major studios." (Thank you Mr. Roy Disney.)

Like Cheshire Cat said (I think you said something like this, I swear I just read it on your post and now I can' find it, weird) We go to see movies to get away from the real world and create our perfect world, so if we go see movies to see a perfect world then how come we try to make them more like the real world using cgi?
    I didn't find anywhere in my post that I said that either. We go see movies to be entertained and pulled into a "perfect world" (or enviroment, how I would put it) that a group of people have created for us. We use our imagination to expand on that enviroment later. And once again with the real world thing... what was Windsor McKay's ultimate goal of animation? The perfect illustion of life. Films like The Polar Express and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withen, are just present day echos of the godfather of animation's original dream.

I also understand that some 2D movies need 3D elements, eg. TLK and Treasure Planet, but 3D is only used for effects, we don't need completely cgi movies for these stories.
    And we need traditional to do this... why? It's just two different mediums. That's all it is! Story drives them both... same with stop motion and live action. Before a studio even decides on how to make a movie they must first perfect a story. The way a movie is made is decided according to how to better project the story.

Now, this is my view on this statment and if you don't agree that's fine but that's gotta be the biggest load a bull$hit I've ever heard. Animation can be for all ages why do you think we are all here dicussing animated movies. Explain to me what South Park is, (forget quality of animation for just 2 secs) and just explain to me, and what about The Simpsons and Family Guy?
    Let me make more clear what I was saying. Animated movies like Finding Nemo and The Lion King ARE aimed at children. Why do you think the first test audiences for TLK were 2nd graders? Why do you think more than 90% of TLK merchandise were stuffed animals, kids clothes and action figures? Same goes with most any animated feature film now adays. Yes, there is some animation out there that is aimed at teens and young adults. (And btw, SouthPark has excellent animation quallity.) And I'm not saying that we as young adults can't enjoy animation today. (****, I just bought the Spongebob Squarepants Movie on DVD yesterday.) But though you realize it or not, animation from the dawn of it's existence has attracted a larger children audience than adult audience. Studios know this. That's why stories like Finding Nemo and The Lion King are not very advanced. That's why we don't have violence and sex in most animated films. Some studios such as Dreamworks Animation SKG have just started to experiment with more adult humor but like any animation comany their primary focus is their largest audience; children.

I don't have any other way to close this up except to tell you, Mushroom, that I DO respect your opinion. Please don't think I'm going to slap you in the face. I'ma lover not a figher baby! And please understand that I too ADORE traditional animation. And the reason I'm defending 3D is not just because I'm a computer (as well as traditional, I'll have you know) animation student, but because I'm someone who looks as film not only as a type of entertainment, but as an artform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never said I hated 3D (true it's not my favourite medium) I do enjoy some 3D animations when they are done write with lovable characters, and a great story line. That's why I enjoyed films like Shrek, Robots and Ice Age, PIXARs movies (no matter the medium) just have never appealed to me and always found there stories and character development, sloppy.

There's no such thing as a really pointless character.
    Ok, you'll probably turn around with a good explanation for this but,
    Jaques "4 lines" The Shrimp ring any bells, seriously he wasn't needed.

Ok, I'll give you the whole animation movies aimed a children. I must have misinterpretated, I thought you ment that ONLY children can enjoy animation films.
    I do conceed to your knowledge on this ubject Cheshire Cat but all the same, I still want to make my own animation studios when I'm older, I hope that we may do some 3D animation movies but not often because I wan the main focus to be 2D, of course the first priority is to get experienced writers for the films but I feel most of the stories I have created thus far will work better in 2D, I will probably get someone doing a pitch for me one day I might go, "you know this would work better in 3D" but it's very unlikely I will say that for every film.
    Like I said before I can't explain the difference, ok it's not completely the animation (heck Brother Bear was 2D and that was boring.) and I guess that if a film like Sinbad had been put completely into 3D I would have stil enjoyed it but it wouldn't have been quite the same to me, for some reason I would feel like the beauty of the film would be lost in some places. It's more of what 3D has become, no longer is it the odd film that comes out every few years with the same Disney sparkle making it extra special, no it's how it's become a way of cramming as many celebs in a possible and how they come out nearly every month, it's lost it's appeal, now 2D animation is the single diamond in the rough.

o_O Forget for a second that's a 3D animated fish, how do you tell ANYONE to get over it when they think their son is dead?
    Exactly! I should have been crying my eyes out but I wasn't meaning something was very wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, kudos on your dream for starting your own animation studio! That's pretty cool. You'll have a long way to go before you get to that point though. Have you thought about what school you want to go to? First thing you might want to start thinking about doing is moving to America. This is ground zero for all entertainment. Everything's harder here but it will be better for you in the end. You make it here, you're set for life. Make a hit in the USA and you'll have all the other countires eating out your hands.

I'll see you in Hollywood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Grabs case and runs for nearest airport!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What the makers of The Incredibles REALLY thought of...

I got the DVD and took this pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bwahahahaha!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! I watched that! Brad is funny as hell! He's one of my ALL TIME favorite directors. He's such an inspiration.

"Use every part of the buffalo!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More snaps to the Incredibles! it won Favorite Movie of the year at Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards! which is only the best award show ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meh, couldn't even bare to watch the Kid's Choice Awards.. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I FINALLY saw the movie. And I must say it was very good, not as good as everyone has been saying, but it was good. I liked all of the characters, I thought it was an original story with unoriginal characters. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters, but I've seen them before

I think my favorite would have to be.... that's hard to decide. Hmm.. I'll go with Violet, she was really cool =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally saw "The Incredibles" at an old theater for $2.00. Cheap, I know..

I absolutly adored this movie, it was so funny! I loved everything about the movie, the villians, catch phrases....

My favorite character has to be Jack-Jack.
    He's so cute and I loved what he did at the end..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Incredibles

Anyone seen this movie? I really enjoyed it. ONe of Pixar's best. I hope they make a sequel, they kind of set it up for one. Do you guys want a sequel and what do you think the sequel would be about?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As long as Pixar would make the sequel.
    But now that Disney took it over ... I'm not so sure :s

I really liked the movie.
    Great voices, and Jack-Jack was cute, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though Dinsey bought them, they are still kind of independant. They can choose what movies they want ot make and everything. Nothing really is changed ecept that now they are one company kind of.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ow, what I actually mented was, that if it's still the same people who work there it'll be alright I guess.
    Like Toy Story and Toy Story II.

If Disney puts his own people behind it, to make it ... then I'm not so sure.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see if it happens

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well i know they have Toy Story 3 planned. Disney was going to make it on its own, without Pixar, but now they are one, so Pixar might do it now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I heard last week Disney cancelled those TS 3 plans.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? Well that's news to me. That's too bad too, i'd like to see one more of the Toy Story movies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this movie ^^.