Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: Secret Santa 2021 (Real Gift Exchange)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Secret Santa 2021 (Real Gift Exchange)

I am quite late starting Secret Santa this year... Life has been so busy for me, being a first time mom and taking care of a baby. Anyways! Let's get this started, shall we?

For those of your who haven't done this with us before, this is a real Secret Santa with members on this forum. You will be sending a real gift through the mail. (So make sure you are comfortable giving out your address if you want to join) Please be aware you could be shipping internationally, so don't send super heavy gifts.

We don't really have a certain price limit, but I think anywhere from $5 to $15 is ok. But it's up to you, you can spend a little bit more, but don't go crazy. Really it's not the price that matters.

So here is how this goes, if you want to join, go ahead and PM me your email address. I will give people a month to join. So on October 22nd, I will use a Secret Santa website we have been using for years, where I enter in all the email addresses, and then emails are sent to everyone, and in that email, you will get a link where you enter your wishlist and your address of where you want your gift to be sent to. Once everyone has done that, people will get an email with someone's wishlist and address so you can send them a gift! Make sure to send it in time so they receive their gift by Christmas.

1. Deadline for joining: October 22nd.
    2. How to join: PM me with your e-mail address before the above date.
    3. Suggested price range for gifts: $5-$15
    4. Do not reveal your identity to the person you are buying for. This goes against the aspect of it being a secret. People who reveal themselves will be banned from joining the following year.
    5. It sounds cheesy, but have fun!!

Participating Members
    Sharifu - Gift Received
    Sadiki - Gift Received
    KanuTGL - Gift Received
    Kossu - Gift Received
    Leorgathar - Gift Received
    Taneli - Gift Received
    Last edited by Sharifu; April 5th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Count me in!

Thanks so much for taking the time to organize this again, Sharifu.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd like to join again too

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Heck, I'll join in again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright, I'm back in here, so why not? I'm in

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey everyone! Sorry I'm a bit late, but I wanted to let you know I started Secret Santa. You should have all gotten an email that will give you your drawn name.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright! I got my drawn name now

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone received their gift yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I should mention that I won't be home until the 31st (spending Christmas with my gf's family), so if mine gets home I'll have to wait until then to open it ^^'

I'm looking forward to see what everyone got

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas!

I received my SS gift about a week ago but didn't open them until Christmas Day so I didn't know who it was from until then. I also posted my gifts out on the 16th I think so hopefully those arrived on time

I'll hold off saying what I got and from who until more people say what/who they got

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My package has just cleared customs, so it should arrive here soon!

Excited to see what everyone's got!

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't received my gift yet, but I know it'll come later, because of an unforeseen situation. My secret santa has informed me about it.

So if you all want to share what you got, you should go ahead and do so. Looking forward to seeing what everyone got.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been meaning to share what I got from my Secret Santa, just haven't done it until now! My Secret Santa was Leor! He sent me two Disney Ornaments, one of Moana and the other of Chip and Dale! And some yummy chocolates and treats from Mexico! He also drew our characters, including our daughter's character! Such a sweet family picture! <3 Sorry Leor that I didn't let you know sooner that I received your package in the mail. I've been meaning to post here but kept forgetting to do it. I love the gifts, thank you so much! I especially love the artwork, I know drawing three characters can be a challenge, but you did very well. You are the first person to draw our daughter's character!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sharifu; February 3rd, 2022 at 08:10 PM.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It’s totally fine, Sharifu, I also took a bit too long to finish the drawing 😅 but I’m so glad you liked it, and the gifts too
    My Secret Santa was Sadiki! He sent me a really cool statue of Spyro (in his ice form), a D&D dice set that lightens up when they’re rolled (they’ll be useful in a setting I’m planning!), and a delicious Geisha chocolate bar.

The Spyro statue is posed in a way that is meant to be holding stuff, so I already have him in my miniature-paintning desk occasionally holding brushes for me

6BE154F9-B21E-44FA-820A-4E332A1705D3.jpeg F696079C-3ECA-434E-AE4A-A576F6EC2C3A.jpeg 3557CC21-5001-4C17-9417-BDE4E2B4222A.jpeg

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Apologies for the lateness with this post! Life is manic atm

My Secret Santa was Kossu! - They got me a Pansexual pride flag which is already hung above my bed, a delicious box of Dutch chocolates (they didn't last long ), and a gorgeous drawing of my puma! Snowy cold climates and coffee are two of my favourite things Now to find a frame and somewhere to hang it!

Thank you so much!

IMG_0171.JPEGIMG_0172(1).JPEGIMG_0580(1).JPEG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome gifts, everyone! It's always so nice to look through this thread, once everyone has received their gift. I got mine in January, apologies for taking so long to post here.

@Taneli; I'm so glad you liked everything!

Now without any further ado...My Secret Santa was Kanu! She sent me a really cute Simba plushie, a beautiful TLK mug, a pretty postcard and...an absolutely amazing drawing of my oc Phoenix.

20220128_161737_HDR.jpg20220128_162239_HDR.jpg20220128_162314_HDR.jpg20220128_162326_HDR.jpg20220128_162334_HDR.jpg20220128_162009_HDR.jpg20220128_161944_HDR.jpg20220128_162518_HDR.jpg

I cannot express how much I love the drawing. I literally teared up when I saw it, it's just SO well drawn and pretty. It's printed on high quality paper and it also has sparkles! The photos don't do it justice. Now it's framed by my desk, until I can find a decent spot on the wall to hang it.
    20220129_190210.jpg

Thank you so much @KanuTGL;!

And thank you so much @Sharifu; for taking the time to organize this!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ...So how is it March already? Oof, I feel so bad about getting around to this so late. I was extremely sick throughout all of December and January, and February has been hellish in its own special way, so I've just had to try to overall manage the most basic, most urgent things around me to not break apart (': But, now that my computer is (briefly) working again, here's my gift too! It arrived, uh... a while ago ^^;

My Secret Santa was... Audra! Again! (I, uh, feel like I should say sorry that you keep getting me? xD)

And the gift was this awesome TLK tree ornament
    scar1.jpg
    I've had my eye on it too, so it was super cool to receive it from my secret santa! Scar did get to spend some time in the tree before we took all the decorations down It looks so great when it's lit up.

It also came with this stunning card and adorable drawings ^^
    scar2.jpgscar3.jpg

Thank you so much, Audra And I'm sorry I haven't been in touch

And again, I'm so glad you liked your gifts, Kossu! <3 I wanted to kinda go the extra mile to make up for it being sorta posted long, long after the deadline, hehe. Fun fact, the box was the same one that my gift arrived in (it just fit so perfectly), so it's a well-travelled box!
    Last edited by KanuTGL; March 10th, 2022 at 02:37 PM.

-----

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    My Secret Santa was... Audra! Again! (I, uh, feel like I should say sorry that you keep getting me? xD
    Haha, that's quite alright. I kind of feel bad that I didn't do much art wise for the gift this year. Hopefully it will be a bit easier next year. I'm glad to hear you did get your gift. I was getting a bit worried as the tracking was last updated January 5 and never said it was delivered. Good to hear you were able to put up the ornament for a little while while your Christmas tree was still up.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here are some watercolour portraits I painted, for everyone that participated in this year's Secret Santa. I sketched these back in January, but I managed to finish them only recently. I've just been too far behind when it comes to personal art projects.
    ForKanuTGL.jpgForLeor.jpgForSharifuSTM.jpgForTaneli.jpg

Apologies for the bad photos. I might still scan these, for higher quality image.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow Kossu! What a neat surprise! I love how you included our daughter in the drawing with Sharifu and Sadiki. Thank you for the lovely art! Put a smile on my face for sure.
    My Lion King Fan-Art