Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: Happy holidays!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Happy holidays!

Happy holidays and merry christmas for everyone that celebrates it. Hope everyone is safe and has a fun day(as much as possible)!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Happy holidays!

It's just what you make of it now really, isn't it...

We done fondue last night (meat fondue).

My sister prepared a family quiz, so we did a zoom meet.
    She made this quiz on the website kahoot.
    Was fun!
    Sister in law ruined the mood, we were waiting for them to join the meet, my nephews wanted too.
    So my sister calls the eldest, sister in law takes the phone and says 'we ain't playing' and hangs up.
    Sorry, what?? How rude!
    Bit upsetting... But we had fun!
    After the quiz we played online pictionary.

So spent about 4 hours online with my parents and sister.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Happy holidays! (Wish I could hug all of you properly!)

I've had an odd Christmas this year. It's the first year ever that I haven't been able to spend it with my family, and I've been quite sad about it at times... I miss them so much, as I'm sure several of you here also know what it feels like. My family's city is the hardest hit by covid-19 in Sweden right now, so it didn't feel right to go. I've had some sad spells, but overall it has still been a decent Christmas. I got to spend it with R and his family instead, and it was still fun and we still watched the Disney Christmas special on TV and had Christmas food and presents (a lot more than I expected...!), hehe, so I can't really complain in the end. After we got home R and I went on a relaxing midnight walk too, which was a nice end to Christmas Eve

Today we've been mostly loafing around, as is customary on Christmas Day in this country We did semi-spontaneously visit my grandparents to go for a walk with them too - they live in the same town as us, but we've barely seen them this year as they're both over 80 years old and have been mainly isolating themselves. So I got to see some family in the end.

Tomorrow and the rest of the weekend I think will be more of the same I have time off work until after New Year's now, which is sooo great ♥

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was away for the Christmas weekend. We went to my in-laws in the end (they live in a different province and we hadn't visited since September). Overall, it was simple, but heartwarming. Seeing everyone again was great. On Christmas we had a nice meal, lots of talking and in the evening we watched a movie (Spirited away). Also some videocalling with my parents. Today was mostly a lazy easy day. At noon we played Monopoly with everyone and before we returned home we went to greet some friends that we hadn't seen in months. Those people skills slowly came back to me. Seriously though, just meeting with some people again made all more plain the toll that this whole mess is taking on my sanity.

And I feel you Kanu, I miss my family a lot too. It's nice that you got to see your grandparents though. I imagine it must be very hard for them too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I let here my hopes of a better 2021 because the pandemic 2020 was a tragedy for who lost someone dear (my case, even tough it wasn´t by covid).

Happy new year is what I wish for all lea halalelans, their friends and families.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd love to say "here's to a better 2021", but honestly, the first half of the year, I really doubt much is going to change.
    Some of these new year messages on FB last night annoyed me so much, like some people think the virus was going to dissapear at midnight, lol.

My New Year's Eve wasn't what it should, but oh well.
    For the first time ever, I didn't see any fireworks Because in Belgium, everything is shut on 1/1, where in England, most places are open, and being in retail now, I had to get up at 3.40 this morning *yawns*.

We ordered Chinese food around 11 in the morning yesterday, to have it come by 18.25
    But they brought it an hour late, that's how busy they were, and we tried calling them, but there was no getting through.
    Just as Adam wants to take another housemates bike, to go and see what's going on, the driver finally pulls up. When I said "finally, been waiting an hour" he seemed genuinly shocked. So I don't think the drivers know anything. He did say there was a massive line at the restaurant, and only 4 drivers.

So, we were going to watch "While you were sleeping", but had we had our food an hour earlier, the movie would have ended before 21h.
    Which it did not now, and even though I've seen it multiple time, I had to go to bed, so missed the last 15-20 minutes.

All a bit of a mess ...

Nothing to do with corona.
    I don't party on New Years Eve anyways, I'm usually inside, somewhere calm.
    But I've never had to go to bed around 21h before on this evening.

Oh well.
    Over and done with now

*goes to get leftover Chinese food*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu