Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Lion king liveaction sequel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Lion king liveaction sequel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Siiiigh.

It being a prequel, the only thing I'm sort of looking forward to in all my schadenfreude is to see the semi-canon evangelists implode when they can't all push their fanon as canon down everyone's throats any more~ Goodbye Ahadi and Uru and Taka, mwahahaha

I don't know, I'm thinking it might finally free some people from the semi-canon box and we can all be creative with the brothers' backstory again. Because it won't matter any more~ I sure as heck won't consider this prequel canon xP

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If Disney must insist on doing live action movies, I'd honestly like to see them make a feature movie of The Lion Guard, given its popularity. That said, I'm not really a fan of the live action stuff, it feels a bit "off" to me somehow. That said, I am looking forward to the Robin Hood one. I think this is largely because Robin Hood featured anthro/humanoid animals in the original, so just making them look a bit more realistic wouldn't be too bad I don't think. I could be wrong though XD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whaaaat, Disney is also making a CGI remake of Robin Hood? That's...intriguing.

Taneli, I too wish we got more from "The Lion Guard", but I'm afraid it's not so likely. I don't think anything else was as profitable as the CGI remake of the Lion King...and of course Disney won't miss the chance for another cash-grab film.

Though, like Kanu said, I am a bit curious too about how it's going to affect the whole semi-canon lore that we've known all these years. And then imagine, what if it ends up being just a cheap Chronicles of the Pridelands storyline.