Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: Ori games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ori games

Just in case somebody is looking for new games to try out and for some reason has been EVEN slower than me to pick up the Ori games:

- Ori and the Blind Forest
    - Ori and the Will of the Wisps (released just a month ago)

I finally played through the first one when COVID19-quarantine started, and after finishing immediately bought the second one.
    I can highly recommend picking up both if you are at all into platforming / metroidvania. IMO, the sequel is gameplay-wise smoother than the first, but the first is still worth going through, if not only for the soundtrack, gorgeous visuals and story experience. The story is very simple, but the execution makes it have lot of impact nonetheless (tears, I tell you. TEARS!).
    The sequel's story pick up right where the first one ends, so its a perfectly smooth continuation from one to the next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love platformer games!

I had tried Ori a few years back, because my best friend was obsessed with the game. It seemed indeed like a great game, with pretty visuals and beautiful music. My laptop couldn't handle the visuals at the time though, so I forgot about it.

But now, with the sequel, it's propably a good time to pick this up. Might check it out on steam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find the intro is too depressing, my cousin played the game and obsessed with it and recommended me to it. For me? the storyline is close to home for me.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda played the Ori games.....way too much xD

Played the first one when it came out and replayed it like 7-8 times...I think, I lost count

Bought the second one the day it got released as i was so excited. And is just as amazing as the first !. Played that 4 times now.

The story, the music, the visuals, all just absolutely stunning !

Even my desktop wallpaper is an animated scene of Ori sleeping <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm thankful you guys bumped this thread, as it reminded me I was planning to purchase this game a while back. So I went ahead and bought it a few days ago. It should be fun to play a single player game again, as nowadays when I can find the time I only play online games (mtg arena, hearthstone battlegrounds etc.). So yeah, it'll be a nice change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rarely play Online multiplayer nowadays, something nice just playing a game by yourself in your own pace. With Ori you can get so into the world and story it kind of takes you away ^^

How is the Ori going for you ? :3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by This Land View Post
    How is the Ori going for you ? :3
    Sadly, I haven't had the time to play yet.

I'm in the last semester of this academic year, so I've been too stressed out with exam things to find the time to immerse myself in a game. I'll be diving in after I'm done around mid June though. Until then just trying to stay focused, as much as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Completely understandable ^^. Education taking a priority is very wise me thinks xD

Something to look forward to and treat yourself with after all that hard work !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally started playing last week! I have a loooong way to go, but I had forgotten how pretty the graphics and music are.