Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
I had a 2002 Corolla up until this past fall, and that was the best goddamn car ever. I cried real tears letting go of it, and every time I see one on the road still I get a pang that I gave up on it. I wanted to own that car for 25 years but it was in 2 pretty major accidents and unlike yours, the air conditioning died about 5 years ago, made summers pretty wretched. But I managed to book it past other cars in it, my beige chariot!

I have a perfectly boring, base model monotone Volkswagen Jetta now. It's fine, I like the steering. My crappy old car had nicer features tbh, but it rolls from place A to place B, with working air.

But my god did I love my Corolla, the car of my heart! Toyotas are the best, even if I don't have one right now.
Aw man, yeah it always sucks that the cars you grow most attached to are the ones that are the most unreliable

The car I had before this one was a 2005 Renault Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique, it was like driving a bottle rocket. The acceleration was insane for only a 1600cc engine, but the car only weighed 500kg so yeah. But because it was French from the mid-2000s it was so unreliable. I had it 5 years and it was just a complete money pit. Wheel bearings kept disintegrating, the brake lines kept eroding, the sunroof leaked, oh and the exhaust fell off It was truly painful maintaining that car, but dang I do miss it sometimes, it was so much fun to drive!

My Corolla (Mr T as my dad calls him (T for Toyota XD)) is the polar opposite, really cheap and reliable but somewhat dull and boring to drive. I am pretty sold on Toyotas as a brand though now, I want one of the new Corollas or maybe a C-HR next but it'll be a long time before I can afford one of those