I feel so sorry for everyone who had weddings, parties, travels and such planned for this spring Me and my partner were talking in October how we wanted to go to Paris/Disneyland in May or June this year, because we've never been on a bigger trip together, but since I'm still unemployed we ended up not booking anything. I'm kind of relieved about that now...

Otherwise, like I said in the other thread, Sweden is still handling this very differently from a lot of other places. There have been no lockdowns, restaurants and cafés are still generally open (with certain restrictions) and the maximum amount of people allowed in one venue is still 500(!). Feels a little crazy considering a lot of other countries are now going with the 2-people-limit

But spread has been kind of slow here until now and our government is following our experts' advice... The more I listen to their daily press briefings, the more I'm becoming a fan of our no-nonsense super well-read state epidemiologists, haha. Things have started to take a turn for the worse since last night though. And, like I said yesterday, now I wish they'd put the capital in quarantine, because the self-entitled Stockholmian brats are the ones who are gonna bring the virus to the rest of us significantly quicker with their ski trips and Easter travels So many of them seem to have no regard for anyone other than themselves and they will go travelling unless we force them to remain in their homes. Almost 50% of Swedish cases are in the Stockholm area and the rest of the country is furious with their rotten attitudes, hah.

I'm still doing okay myself... I live alone in my flat and I've two supermarkets literally across the street, so I don't need to go far for shopping. I took stock of what I actually have in my pantry and freezer last week and realised I'm pretty well-prepared for a 14-day lockdown if it was to come to that. The main uncomfortable thing is that I still need to use the shared laundry room because I don't have my own washing machine, which seems like a pretty small problem compared to what others are going through...

Yeah, I hear a lot about how quarantine will be a big test for a lot of relationships and families. I'm sooo glad I don't have any kids right now xP And my partner and I still live apart, so we can escape each other, haha...

It feels like this week will decisive for the spread in Sweden and what actions the government will take. One professor predicted that we're 1/3 of the way up the "curve" now, but who can know. We just have to take it one day at a time...