Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    On Friday I finally signed my contract.
    Even though the start date was wrong *sigh*.
    She then said that I would really probably stay after my 12 weeks.

I got quite excited.
    Not a dream job but I'm actually enjoying the job.

Yesterday I got fired. Before my 12 weeks end.
    Something with them having to cut 200 hours.

I am devistated.
    Can someone please just come and shoot me, get me out of this miserable life, as I am so done with living.
    I just can't...

*signing off*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about your job Nathalie, it sounds completely insane. And sadistic on their part, honestly.

I've been feeling a bit suffocated with university stuff since January. There are too many presentations and small projects all of a sudden(next to the regular workload), to make up for the lack of physical lessons(there's only distance learning for this period...at least I don't have to pay for public transport). And I hate giving presentations so much, even more so in dutch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Agreed, that sounds absolutely awful. I'm so sorry to hear, Nathalie

And hugs for you, Kossu It sounds tough, but I hope you'll pull through it ^^

Me, I'm putting some work back into my portfolio website, so I can start applying for somewhere new to be... I've been really miserable for a while now and getting absolutely fed up with my situation at work. I hate getting on public transport so much and I'm sick and tired of the circumstances around my job. My only(!) colleague and I don't mix, I can't work from home and I've had enough of being blamed for everything our predecessors failed to sort out. It's just... oof. I want something else

A lot of people seem to be struggling right now. I hope spring brings better things for us

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw, thanks Kanu.

I hope things will start looking up for you with your job. It sounds very stressful and frustrating, even more so if the environment is so toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    I've had enough of being blamed for everything our predecessors failed to sort out.
    This...seems to be a painfully familiar theme nowadays. I just don't get it. That kind of treatment is so terrible and unfair for anyone on a new position.

As for me...I've been trying to relax after a terrible day and I just got a call for some news that in another universe I'd be happy about, but now I just feel sick. Nothing I didn't expect would happen someday, but still a shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trying to fight depression, my mom died last month and dealing with loneliness alone is kinda sucks.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry about your loss Guntur. It sounds really rough.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So sorry for your loss, Guntur The world is so unfair.

On the topic of the thread, I'm kinda just sitting around waiting for dinner... (R is too kind to me xP) Too tired to be productive. Bleh.

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you guys for your kind words and prayers to my mother.

Yeah, i'm not feeling productive lately, probably because of mom's death.

But slightly annoyed that the Molex to SATA drive decided to go kaput today.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lethargic day so far. Looking forward to an online presentation about parrots this evening though. It's organized by a student group that I'm part of that specializes on wild/ exotic animals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It is sad to know about your loss Guntur.
    I hope for better times for you and your family.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's been some very nice summer weather here the last days. It was 23 oC today. It doesn't seem like it'll last until Easter, but at least I got to enjoy some walking today. Also, crossed paths with a wild deer in the forest nearby. It was the first time I saw one here.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah the weather here yesterday was awesome, I was working but I had site visits to do so it was nice to be out in the warm sunshine rather than grey rain

Right now I'm sat on the sofa watching rugby whilst demolishing a family sized bag of salted peanuts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't have anything to say really. I can't be bothered the last few months to actually type/talk.
    We were supposed to be at my house for 2 weeks, but meh, thank you all vile and gross people who only think "me me me me me me me" for the past year.
    I'm really struggling so much right now, not being at home now.

But, WE ARE OFF UP NORTH AGAIN IN 51 DAYS, to the beach!!! Finally getting out of this sh*t hole again for a week.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I'm really struggling so much right now, not being at home now.
    Sorry to hear that Nathalie. These times are really trying.

It's nice at least that you can go to a different place in a few weeks. It'll feel very refreshing I imagine.

@Taneli; About the nice weather, I rejoiced too soon. Just when I thought spring was here for good, the weather changed completely. It started snowing yesterday and this morning I woke up to a snow covered neighbourhood. Snow around this time of the year isn't common here. It isn't unheard of, but it still is very unusual. It's snowing as I'm typing and though it's not cold enough for the snow to settle right now, it feels very surreal.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Working on a commission and pondering my sore throat... I seem to get these a lot lately If it doesn't clear by tomorrow I guess I'll have to book myself a test. Bleh.

Kossu and Taneli, I hear you about the weather We've had the exact same thing here. Lovely and warm one day, waking up to snow the next. We had a real proper blizzard on Monday, worse than what we've had all winter Which is also very unusual for the south here, but then it all cleared up and was sunny again. We call it "April weather" for a reason I suppose xD

-----

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah A week ago it was the hottest it had been this year so far, and then this week it's been snowing and sub-zero! :: wish it'd make its mind up!

@Kossu - your location says you're in Greece, did you really get snow? I can't imagine Greece being snowy, I always imagine it being super sunny and hot!

I'm just browsing eBay for stuff I don't need, as is so often my wont

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, my location info is misleading, since it's a bit outdated.

I actually moved to the Netherlands in 2019. I just haven't had the heart to change my location...for silly sentimental reasons I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    I can't imagine Greece being snowy, I always imagine it being super sunny and hot!
    Oh, you'd be surprised. The weather is generally mild through the year in Athens and most of the islands. But considering 80% of the mainland is mountainous terrain, winters can be quite cold and snow is not uncommon. Especially in the central and northern provinces there's plenty of snow and low temperatures that can persist even in summer.

@KanuTGL; I hope it's just a cold! Hope you can feel better soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, we had another snow storm today, so my hopes for spring have been quashed again

Thanks, Kossu I did go for a covid test on Thursday and it came back negative, so it's just a mild cold Not enough to knock me out, thankfully, but juust enough symptoms to keep me working from home, which I honestly don't mind at all~

I've spent the evening looking for new jobs to apply to but haven't found that many, so that's depressing I miss student life so, so much. The freedom - the opportunity to set your own schedule, the variation in work you do, the new things you learn and new people you meet... It can be so very tough, gosh do I know, but now that I've landed in 8-hour-a-day hell I would give anything to go back. Blah

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Belated reply here, but I'm glad it wasn't anything serious Kanu!

And I'm sorry to hear you feel like this with your current situation. I really do hope in the future you can find a job that will feel more rewarding and not so stressful and unfulfilling as now.

Also, if you miss studying isn't there any opportunity to go back to it? I don't know what your current situation is and how potential government funding works in Sweden, but if there's something that sparks your interest and could be viable, maybe it's worth considering?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We've spent last week at the Yorkshire coast, which was nice as always.
    For once we ate decent and good for a week because it was so much easier to cook.
    Went to Hull & York for the day.

And tonight been playing online Pictionary with my sister. I was bored so asked if she wanted to play.
    Really fun ^^ if anyone else wants to join one evening, let me know ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu