Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    But I'd rather be safe then sorry!
    Understandably so. It sounds like a very messy situation.

Listening to lots of music here and doodling, last lazy day before I get back to getting a pile of stuff done tomorrow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Disney+ !

Just got it a few days ago, as it was a 6 months free offer from my phone provider.
    I never really wanted it, as I've basically seen everything I've mainly wanted to see, or own on DVD, but since it was free ...
    But then we got it, and was like "oh this, and look that!!" Ducktales in Dutch

I'm doing absolutely NOTHING today, and I will be bingewatching "Raven's home".
    I've been taking my meds every weekend this month now, and some days inbetween also, as I cannot stand to work at a supermarket, what a place to work for a hypochondriac
    I've noticed I'm fine until my break, after my break, store either opens, or it's a time when most people start coming in, and I can't handle people, they are rude & disrespectful (not just during 2020, lol).

Yesterday been quite busy, making spaghetti sauce & lasagna. Doesn't sound like a long process, but I take my time, so the sauce alone is at least an hour, then the simmering thing for an hour or 2. Then I had to go and pick up a package from my mom with food and Lion King stuff that took about an hour (I walked really slow, lol).
    Then, assembling the lasagna's.

All that while feeling very sick, and probably side-effects from all those meds, as I kept feeling very anxious and shaky, couldn't even get to sleep last night.
    So, I'm doing nothing today, but Disney +

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ducktales, woohoo! Are you watching the old series or the new one?

I was trying to make orange cookies here, but I accidentally added too much orange juice...so now I ended up with two trays of orange cake instead. Not as planned, but still tasty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hey, as long as it tastes good!

I got excited about the old Dutch ones, hehe.
    It's what I grew up with.

We are also watching the new ones, and I'm adjusting to the style, but the voices are great! David Tennant!

Adam likes the new ones better, he's never seen the old ones, so he thinks they look weird, and I think the new one looks weird.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Me being such a long-time Duck comics fan I've actually found the new Ducktales to be unwatchable :') Barks/Don Rosa Ducks are the only canon ducks to me and I seriously couldn't even get through the first episode. It's a pity because, yeah, David Tennant, but it was just too painful xP I don't mind the older Ducktales though, probably because of nostalgia, haha. (And because Huey, Dewey and Louie aren't teenagers in that one. Geeeez what an awful design choice.)

I'm playing Planet Zoo at the moment. I've had my eye on the game for a while and it was on sale now, so I decided to go for it. It's really super complex and crazy in some regards, but pretty easy and manageable in others, so I'm getting used to it The graphics are so gorgeous! It's the main reason I bought it really xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Don't watch Quack Pack then, Kanu, haha!

I've seen this years ago when it came out.
    But it's also on Disney+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Me being such a long-time Duck comics fan I've actually found the new Ducktales to be unwatchable :') Barks/Don Rosa Ducks are the only canon ducks to me and I seriously couldn't even get through the first episode. It's a pity because, yeah, David Tennant, but it was just too painful xP I don't mind the older Ducktales though, probably because of nostalgia, haha. (And because Huey, Dewey and Louie aren't teenagers in that one. Geeeez what an awful design choice.)
    I agree on the Barks/ Don Rosa ducks being the only canon ones for me as well. There's no going back once you've read the comics.

I quite enjoyed the old series and when the reboot was released, though I was enthusiastic, I kind of cringed at the new designs. The first time I tried to watch it I admit I didn't get very far, but I gave it another try about a year ago. And I have to say, the storylines are pretty nice! I don't take them very seriously and some things still bug me, but all in all I think it's a great series and stays true at the very least to the Barksian spirit. And the voice acting is fantastic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't like Mrs Beakley's voice in the new series.
    She sounds too posh for what she really is (a spy, lol).

But love her in the old series.

And Webby is major different!
    In the old series, she's such a girl.
    Where in the new series, she's super adventurous and not all that girly.

Quack Pack is about Donald and the nephews, but the nephews are true teenagers during that series.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've watched Quack Pack, though I never really enjoyed it as much as Ducktales. Must be nice to have Disney+ to rewatch all the 80s and 90s cartoons though. There were so many! Goof troop, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Jungle cubs etc.

And indeed, Webby and Mrs Beakly are very different in the new series. I quite like both versions though. Especially new Webby. I imagine I would have liked her a lot too, if this series existed when I was a child. I had difficulty relating to "girl" characters from early 80s and early 90s series as a child, as "boy" characters usually did the cooler stuff. But this one is pretty cool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I never had the need to get Disney+ seen it all, or own it all.
    But I got it from my phone provider for 6 months free now, so won't say no to that.

And just nice to see all these things together.
    So far, the first episodes of the old Ducktales and Darkwing Duck aren't on it which I don't get... They are crucial to know where some characters come from.

But things like Lizzie McGuire, Raven, wizards of Waverley place, etc...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't watch Quack Pack then, Kanu, haha!
    Nah, I don't I used to when I was little, but it was more a case of "It's a cartoon and there's nothing else on so I'll watch it" than actually liking it xD

I know a lot of people enjoy the new DuckTales, but I just can't do it I guess I've tried clips and the odd short to see if I could get a feel for it, but HD&L are just too insufferable for me, haha. Regarding Webby, I haven't seen enough to make any judgement, obviously, though I get the impression they've just made her into the opposite of what she was, ie into the "Strong Female Character" trope, which I also find off-putting I didn't enjoy her character when I was younger either, because I also thought she was a boring girly-girl, but how is it better to remove one stereotype to just apply another?

And, psh, I bought a full year's subscription of Disney+ the moment it came out here, because of course I did :P There still are a bunch of old series missing though, yeah. I really want to see Darkwing Duck and Jungle Cubs and TailSpin and all the rest, but they're not there yet in this region either

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Huh, does Disney+ also have region specific content? That sounds so...weird.

I made use of the 2 month trial that was available in the Netherlands(for some reason), before it launched worldwide. I watched so much back then. Last movie I remember watching was the "Lady and the Tramp" live action. Perhaps I'll get a subscription sometime though, it would be nice to be able to access content in high quality for streaming. Though I still like to collect physical copies of movies and series if available.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes, not every country has the same content on Disney+
    Which is quite stupid.

Also price wise, it's more expensive in € then it is in £.

If you want the subscription, do it before February 23, as the price will go up, because they will be adding "Star" another service, with more series & movies (non-Disney).

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, it seems very odd that there are region specific stuff. For other streaming services like Netflix I can understand that distribution rights are different per country etc...but Disney is different, they own the majority of the stuff that is on their platform.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, right!? I don't understand it either But a few things were released here around Christmas (new Mulan and new Lady & the Tramp for example), so perhaps they're adding things bit by bit to build hype or something maybe... I haven't understood Disney's release strategy for years

Currently I'm getting ready to run a few errands in town (ehhh) and also pick up a mysterious package that I don't know where it's from - I'm wondering if it could be from my Secret Santa...

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think they want some exclusitivity to some countries? No idea *shrugs*

I've done an extra shift today (I like those as I can choose what time to start, lol), I doubt I'll be staying after mid-February as I'm just not fast enough. There's a number you need to get to, and sometimes I manage, but once the store opens, I fail miserably where others don't.
    So, I'm actually volenteering in doing some extra shifts, just to get that extra money in case they'll let me go after my 12 weeks are up.

Getting obsessed with the new Ducktales too, lol.
    Really into it at the moment! Loving the new stories, and how they recycle some old characters and put them in this new series, but in a totally different setting.
    And Scrooge & Glomgold together is just magic, I love me a Scottish accent

Adam's having his Dutch lesson on Zoom, so I'm just listening to Disney cartoon theme tunes.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kind of procrastinating. I hate it, but motivation is still rock-bottom. Maybe it's partly seasonal depression.

Things still feel so unreal. From tomorrow onwards there will be a curfew here between 21:00 and 4:30 every night. I wonder if that is really going to help with anything other than lower people's morale even more. Time will show I guess.

And Scrooge & Glomgold together is just magic, I love me a Scottish accent
    Ditto to that. I didn't like what they did to Glomgold at first, but I ultimately enjoyed his storyline.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, Glomgold seeing him the first time was like "what??" the looks are so different. But he's definately good comic relief in the show.
    Show has been cancelled, so no more when season 3 is done

2 nights ago we started to watch Broadchurch. Adam kept mentioning it, he's seen it long ago, and wanted to see it again.
    And since I've gotten a big love for David Tennant after seeing Dr Who during lockdown 1.

But not much impressed usually with British drama series. I always feel the quality isn't as good "what I'm used to", so tried putting it off, lol.

We ended up watching entire first series in 1 go! 6 hours! Can't believe I kept putting off watching this, I loved it! The suspense, the emotions, you feel for the characters, on the edge of my seat, trying to figure out who's the bad guy! (I knew though since episode 3 or 4, then maybe I thought someone else, but kept going back to that person).
    We started series 2 now yesterday.

Today he's back at work for a few days, and I'm catching up on some movies I got in the past few weeks, cleaning up my laptop.

Extremely lazy day.
    This lockdown is much harder then the first.
    Being in this room together for 3 months almost the first time, and now again for 3 weeks already, it's too much now.
    So I'm actually glad he's out, so I can just do nothing ... lol (oh, he knows).
    As since I started to work, I'm on medication every weekend, and those meds give me terrible side effects, so been very sick almost every day lately due to them.
    So I really needed today, to just be alone, and just relax and do nothing and not worry about anything for a change.

So, watching some cheesy Xmas movies still

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As since I started to work, I'm on medication every weekend, and those meds give me terrible side effects, so been very sick almost every day lately due to them.
    So I really needed today, to just be alone, and just relax and do nothing and not worry about anything for a change.
    Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so bad. I hope you can feel a bit better after relaxing today.

Taking a break from studying here. I've lost track of how much coffee I've had today.

Got to travel 3 hours by train tomorrow for a 1 hour practical, fun times(practicals are the only lessons that are excluded from the lockdown rules since they are essential for the studies). It's supposed to be an exotic animal practical (one of the species is snakes), but it turns out the university doesn't own reptiles anymore?? Which is kind of a big bummer, since I really like reptiles and was very much looking forward to this. I heard that one of the professors brought their own pet snakes on a few lucky groups, so I'm hoping that'll be the case for my group as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No relaxing today ...
    Landlord texted Adam he was coming in today (early morning), so I went with Adam to work, it's boring, everything is closed off course due to lockdown.
    Got my laptop with me, but it's just sitting here for 8 hours, I can go for a walk, but meh, it's so cold, lol.
    I don't want to be in the room when I know someone is coming in, so I'd rather avoid all together.
    Just feel like eating all the time now, to pass the time, haha.

Yesterday was alright, so hopefully I'll be alright this weekend without meds.
    The nex day(s) they give me bad anxiety, shivers, nausea.
    Withdrawel symptoms really.
    Also, I'm running out, and they are expired since this month, but they should still kind of work after their date.
    As there is no way I can get new ones due to all this crap going on, as it's not something you can just put in a package and put postage on it

Will be watching Disney+ for a bit soon probably.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu