Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?: Return of the Sequel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    Right now I'm multitasking!

I'm working on my uni coursework whilst watching the rugby whilst baking a banana loaf cake
    Holy cow, do you juggle? Because I think that's like the only thing missing from that scenario!

I'm currently nursing a headache and drifted over Lea here, it's been a while!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's still a sale on Steam and I've been ogling a few games...haven't made up my mind yet though.

Also considering to bump some old threads later today...maybe.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Holy cow, do you juggle? Because I think that's like the only thing missing from that scenario!

I'm currently nursing a headache and drifted over Lea here, it's been a while!
    Sadly I can't juggle

Right now I'm procrastinating, I should be doing an assignment for uni but I keep putting it off!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had some online lectures earlier today and I've been organizing my workload for the next weeks, until Christmas break. Still got to review for some practicals that are planned for tomorrow and a commission to finish.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather these last two days though, so things aren't progressing as fast as I'd like.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Some may have seen on my FB, I have a job now (for 12 weeks, if things go alright), and my feet are killing me, definately not having the right shoes to wear, not sure if it's worth getting something new (like black Skechers) if it won't be extended after 12 weeks, as Skechers are expensive, but it's like walking on clouds! I have 4 pair already, but all are too colorful to wear.

Today I just woke up, like, you know, you just wake up, and you just already know that today isn't going to be great.
    Needed to go to the post office, buy & print of a label myself, printer wouldn't work "printer is offline" crap machine But got a QR code in the mail, so went to post office, thinking they could scan it, and print me off a label, nope, they couldn't, had to go to the other mail office, over 1km away, and I was not in the mood to walk up there with my feet hurting this much, so sent the buyer an e-mail it'll get shipped tomorrow. Used Adam's PC, hooray, it printed ... pfff.

Just put in all my bathroom towels in the washing machine as I had none left.
    I'm supposed to make cheesecake also, before all ingredients expire, but not in the mood, I'll do it tonight.

And watching some more Seinfeld now.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Catching up on some Lea threads While working on art and trying to make my hurting neck... hurt less. It's been like this for three days now. Urgh Tomorrow I need to get myself to work though. I have projects to take care of that have deadlines soooon. I kinda enjoy it, but I wish I could rely on my colleague more. She doesn't really do the whole technical side of things, which means a lot depends on me personally, which in turn is starting to feel straining to me. We'll see how things go I guess.

That's cool that you have a job now, Nathalie What kind of job is it? And a good pair of shoes might be a decent investment, I know I wish I had bought decent shoes when I worked last summer, ahah. And you could always keep using them even if the contract isn't extended?

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have no use for another pair of shoes just lying around, haha.

I have:
    - Lonsdale (what I'm wearing to work now)
    - Lonsdale, beaten up ones, wear them inside
    - all stars, black glittery (can't wear those all day, soles are too flat)
    - all stars, yellow glittery
    - skechers Bordeaux and same ones in grey/pink
    - skechers pink/grey sport shoes (memory foam, so for long walks)
    - skechers pink/purple (memory foam)
    - timberland ankle boots (not for walking 8 hours)
    - reiker ankle boots (not for walking 8 hours)

So yeah, I really don't need another 50-70€ pair of shoes, lol.

It's at the supermarket, getting online orders in store. So it's including the walk there and back about 7 hours on my feet.
    And you need black trousers/black shoes.
    Last edited by nathalie; December 27th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In my opinion, if I were you, I would still buy a black pair of Sketchers for your job, if that is going to help. Nothing is worse than your feet killing you while you are working. You can always wear them in future jobs, or just whenever you want to wear a comfortable pair of black shoes. Most of the time, it seems like black shoes can be used for any job.

As for me, I'm just trying to get things done before baby gets here. I could go into labor any day now. But I will be induced on December 20 if I don't go into labor on my own before then. December 20 is week 39, the reason my doctors want to induce me at that week is because I have preexisting type 2 diabetes. They said with mothers who have diabetes, there is a slight chance of still birth if a baby stays inside past week 39. My blood sugar numbers have been really good at least, my doctors have told me I am doing such a good job managing my diabetes. Although at my last appointment on Monday, my blood pressure was slightly high... I was told to check it at home twice a day. I was told I am at a higher risk of preeclampsia because I have diabetes. Plans could change if I get preeclampsia, where I would have to be induced earlier. I also had blood work done yesterday to check for preeclampsia. We'll see... I think I'll be hearing from my doctor today or tomorrow about the results. Hopefully things wont get worse with that issue. But even if we have to deliver her earlier, all that matters in the end is that both me and baby are ok and healthy, and if we have to deliver earlier for that to happen, that's what we'll have to do.

I do feel a bit better that I have gotten quite a bit done lately. Baby's room is pretty much done, there is a few pieces of art we wanted to hang on the wall still, but that doesn't have to be done before baby gets here. I washed her newborn size clothes yesterday, and her crib sheets. We picked out some going home outfits for her to take to the hospital. Now I just need to pack a bag for myself to take to the hospital! That is the next thing to do on my list! It's a little stressful that this is happening so close to Christmas, but it is what it is. I do love the Christmas season, so at the same time I think it's kind of sweet she will be born during this time. But at least our Christmas tree is done and decorated. It might just be hard to shop and wrap gifts and what not if she comes early. But I am trying to get as much done as I can before she gets here. It's just hard because I get tired, and I don't usually get as much done in the day I wanted. But I have gotten a good amount done over the last week so I feel a bit better about it. Once I get my hospital bag packed today, I know I will be feeling much relief!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Seems like you're pretty much set for the arrival!

Adam's brought some memory foam insoles from work to put in my shoes. Will see how that goes first.

I'm having such a headache...
    Around my left eye, but also on top of my head. The slightest bit of light is terrible.
    I'm wondering if I'm 'developing' migraine.
    I'm having lots of headaches lately.
    It's hard to tell if it's stress.
    So on my phone now to make my eyes tired so I can fall asleep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So exciting, Audra! Hope it all will go well once it's time Keep us updated

I'm winding down after almost a full day of working on a commission. I'm reminded why I almost never do group pictures Tomorrow is "Lucia" here which I really look forward to. I won't get to see any live singing this year for obvious reasons, but I love watching the recorded procession in the morning with saffron buns and mulled wine (alcohol free, of course ) for breakfast. So I should be going to bed soon so I won't sleep the whole morning away, hehe xD

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been talking to my mom and niece for a while, as my mom is sending me a 10 kg food package from Belgium to the UK.
    I'm very sorry UK people, but coming from another country, UK food is bland and boring, lol.

Since I can't have meat shipped over (but, maybe ... one day, we'll go with someone who has a car, and a coolbox, and pick up stuff from the butcher on the way back to the UK, and fill the UK freezer )

My niece lives in Holland, so she got me some things, as my mom in Belgium isn't allowed to cross the border right now.
    And my mom is sending me package nr 1 with mayonaise, sauces, pudding, dried sausages, bolgonese hula hoops, and some other things.

Just payed for the package online, can't wait!!

I've been trying so many mayonaise here, and haven't find a decent one. Most are just bland water-y type things really.
    + I need my mayonaise to be with lemons, I can't stand the normal egg-based mayo.

So untill I have found replacements for anything I need, I'll just have to find ways to get it from home, lol, and it all needs to be done quite fast now, before shitty Brexit happens and I'm having to pay extra taxes on packages from home.
    But due to lockdown in Belgium, I wasn't really able to ask sooner for all this stuff, as Belgium have just re-opened everything yesterday.
    And now Holland is on lockdown, so the items my niece got me, might not even make it to the UK at all now, as she was supposed to come to Belgium to visit her mom next week, and then drop off the stuff at my mom's, so my mom could put it in package nr 2 with some other stuff.

I'm in such a mood today you know, the one where I'd like to speak my mind once in a while and not care about it

I also tried ordering frozen snacks from a special website, but, surprise surprise, due to Brexit won't be shipping to the UK anymore for now
    Been waiting 2 years to be able to order there, but it is more expensive obviously, and with shipping and dry ice, couldn't afford, I wanted THAT to really be my treat after finding a job, and now I can't have it

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @nathalie; Congrats on the job! Also ditto to what Sharifu said about the shoes, I'd get new ones in a heartbeat. Your whole locomotor system can be affected by uncomfortable shoes longterm.

Also what mayo are you referring to? Mayo seems to be a big deal for my husband, he always talks about how different some dutch mayos(like Oliehoorn fritessaus) are from the foreign disgusting ones.

@Sharifu; Like I said before, I hope it will all go smoothly! It sounds like you have a seasoned doctor and being well-prepared should help ease stress!

@KanuTGL; I had never heard of that celebration before, but it seems very interesting! Is it a regional celebration, or does it take place all over Sweden?

As for me...trying to catch up with online updates in general. I've been on basics-only mode for the last weeks and even that has been a struggle. Also lots of work with uni and commission work. It might be the gloomy weather too, and Christmas approaching with the current circumstances... but I've been feeling pretty depressed lately. Slowly recovering, as winter break starts tomorrow so that's a relief.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @Kossu I like lemon mayo, I can't care for regular egg based ones.
    Or, the Remia brand, which has zoete mayo and friet saus, mmm!

UK mayo in general I find very flat in taste, and not as solid, more liquid.
    Heinz has mayo, but they should stick to ketchup, don't like theirs either.

I came home from work sick *sigh*
    Think there's a bug going between me and Adam. Stomach wise he wasn't feeling good for a few days, when he started to feel better, I was getting sick.
    Had already called work Thursday evening explaining, they told me to come in next day anyway and see how it goes.
    Fair enough. Did that.
    Pushed myself to be fine for 2 days, but couldn't do it anymore today.
    Told supervisor, he kept pushing me in staying.
    Colleagues telling me I look awful, why isn't he letting me go?
    I'm so overwhelmed, crying on shop floor, didn't know what to do, so I kept going.
    3 hours in, I told supervisor I'm done pushing, and need to go.

I don't do Mondays, but he asked me to do tomorrow, I didn't know what to say, so yeah, fine I guess, if I'm better.

3 weeks in, and a cry fest in front of loads, story of my life.
    Just go in tomorrow and pretend it never happened.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    KanuTGL; I had never heard of that celebration before, but it seems very interesting! Is it a regional celebration, or does it take place all over Sweden?
    It's a very national thing, hehe Usually you'll see little processions pretty much everywhere - in schools, at universities, churches, workplaces, care homes, hospitals, in town squares, everywhere But not this year, for obvious reasons... The recorded broadcast this year was soo beautiful though, from the north with a super talented choir of students, and lovely Sami singing too ♥ A highlight of this month, for sure ^^

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time at work, Nathalie :C It seems very strange to ask you to come in if you're not feeling well. People may criticise the way we've done things in Sweden this year, but one thing that's been made extremely clear from the get-go is that you do. not. come. to work. sick :') It doesn't matter if it's very slight - you stay home. Since the UK has been much stricter it sounds kinda really bad to ask you to come in with symptoms. Shouldn't they realise that? :/

I'm currently getting together this year's Christmas cards to be sent out at the very, very last moment, ahaha. Only domestic postage this year though, so hopefully they won't arrive too late It's been so long since I was able to send this many cards, so it's kinda nice, still. After that it's back to art. So many deadlines

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having a hard time at work, Nathalie :C It seems very strange to ask you to come in if you're not feeling well. People may criticise the way we've done things in Sweden this year, but one thing that's been made extremely clear from the get-go is that you do. not. come. to work. sick :') It doesn't matter if it's very slight - you stay home. Since the UK has been much stricter it sounds kinda really bad to ask you to come in with symptoms. Shouldn't they realise that? :/
    The mess gets worse, when I left yesterday, they told me: come in Saturday at 6, go there, and a manager will tell you what to do.
    So that basically implies I won't be doing what I've been doing the past 3 weeks.
    Which, is not what I agreed on when I took this job, so my guess is, that I'll be leaving the store after 10 minutes upon arriving on Saturday

I'm too friggin' old at this point to be played around with like this. Changing a name and some hours on a contract is simply impossible for them to do, and could take up to 6 weeks? What a joke. It's that I have a badge now, and CCTV will tell I've been in store, but a contract? I've not seen one, so let alone signed one.
    So whatever job they might be giving me, I don't have to do, as there is no contract, and no agreement from my side on doing anything else, on what I've agreed on doing.

This is by far, the worst organisation from a massive company that has to be out there.
    Complete joke.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Changing a name and some hours on a contract is simply impossible for them to do, and could take up to 6 weeks? What a joke. It's that I have a badge now, and CCTV will tell I've been in store, but a contract? I've not seen one, so let alone signed one.
    Ahaha, I recognise that. Both my jobs I had in the UK didn't really have this whole paperwork thing down :') But I was happy in the end - meant I could walk out on my last job with 1 week's notice instead of 1 month's (which it would have been if they'd done their work correctly and had me sign my new contract) And to thus be able to give a figurative middle finger to my supervisor felt so good too.

I'm mainly relaxing now and admiring my favourite gifts R got me for Christmas, hehee~ A fox plush and Safari's huge fox figurine that I've had my eye on for aaages

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    But due to Brexit, I need all legal papers now, as I need proof of address and living here, or they'll ship me back (not that I love it here or anything like that...)
    So if I quit today, I would still need that contract eventually to keep things legal.

It's just all kinds of wrong. And getting ready to go now. Been up for the past 2 hours, with pains in places to make me have a panic attack, but I'm sure it's just pure stress again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, turned out, just for today (and maybe tomorrow) stacking.

Now, why couldn't they say that???

There's 7-8 of us, who just got told to come in, and nothing else.
    So all of us are quite annoyed.

Communication here, organisation, it's seems getting worse and worse.

I don't mind now doing it one day.
    As honestly, I do enjoy the job I agreed to.
    But the way you are treated, is just... *sigh*.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It sounds very frustrating and stressful Nathalie, I'm so sorry.

And I really don't get how they pushed you so much even though you weren't feeling well. Like Kanu said it's very odd they do that, with the Covid situation... even if it's slight symptoms.

Will there be much change for you because of the Brexit? Other than the extra paperwork that you mentionted?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The government doesn't even know, so I sure don't.
    But I'd rather be safe then sorry!

And yesterday morning, some guy comes in, and tells a manager he isn't feeling well, and he got to go back home straight away.
    I looked like a zombie last week, and had to stay and stay.