Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King (2019) Trailer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Lion King (2019) Trailer

I'm pretty sure we all saw it already yesterday, but I thought it still deserved a new thread here, so let's talk about it:

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im looking forward to it

Its a harmless remake so if its good then we can enjoy it, if it isn't we can forget it.

None of this "what if this happened instead" or "the other side of the story you didnt know about"

In a way Im happy that some life has been blown back into Lion King.

It seems very hopefull for me, but if i dont like it ill proberly go watch it again with my eyes closed just to listen to the soundtrack because i trust Hans Zimmer is going to do an amazing job with it xD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I watched the trailer maybe 3-4 times and I honestly didn't feel inclined to watch it more.
    It gives me such a sad, bittersweet feeling.

I will watch the remake when it comes out, of course. I'd lie if I said I look forward to it though.
    Then again, this is only my biased first impression, since "The lion king" means so much to me.

It seems like they've put a lot of effort into it, the details of the backgrounds and everything looked pretty...and yet....so very bland at the same time.
    Lifeless. I don't know how to explain it. It gives the same feeling the remake of "The jungle book" gave me. In their effort to make it look realistic, it seemed like something was missing out.
    I'm not a big fan of "The Jungle book" though, so I don't really care, I could simply forget it. This feels different though...

On the bright side, it's nice that this will probably bring new life in the fandom and everything...A new generation will be introduced to our beloved story.
    And maybe the remade story will be more intriguing and all. I am curious about that.

I still really, really wish Disney invested more on creating more new original content. New movies, less remakes, less sequels. Back in the time of the golden era it didn't all have to be CGI to be impressive, or memorable.
    I miss that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is a teaser. I'm thinking the movie may not even start with this / like this.
    Usually teasers don't make it into the movie.

Don't know how much life it will bring into the fandom.
    As people will like the animated over this one, and visa versa.
    So it's 2 fandoms I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm definitely alright with this, I know this not going to be a blatant knock off. Since we have the current technology I'm completely understand where this is going. A lot of folks say: Better graphic doesn't make things a better story.

As for the graphics and CGI and all that sort? I posted a Unreal Engine 4 thread about how capable the technology are in the current time. that's definitely off topic but as for the whole CGI art styles I believe that can be related.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I basically second Kossu’s entire post.

All in all, I’m not impressed. I’ve struggled to put my finger on what exactly irks me so much about the visuals, and it is just that - they feel lifeless. I don’t believe in any of those characters to be alive and breathing, they’re just... there. Which kinda is counter to the very definition of ”animated” in my opinion.

And since I was so disappointed with the new Beauty & the Beast, where they failed to make a good movie out of basically a shot-for-shot remake, I have little hope for TLK19 to be any better :/ At this rate it really will be Pride, just with more CGI xP

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaaand we have a new poster and teaser.

http://www.cbr.com/lion-king-new-trailer-poster/

New teaser seems kind of the same to me? The poster is pretty though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah. There's nothing in this trailer, we haven't seen yet in the teaser?

I absolutely cringe when I see Beyoncé's name "with". Eww eww eww. Like she's the almighty person in this.

And I'm not just like this, because it's "my movie".
    They shouldn't touch any movie and remake, or reimagine it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The poster is kind of alright, but the animation still looks dumb :') I cringed at the rhino. It looks so... cheap?

-----

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TavVZMewpY

New trailer is out, Finally showing all the characters.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finally an actual trailer.
    And I'm quite curious now to be honest.

Who knows, my whole view about it might change after all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I still stand by my previous posts. I love the soundtrack, I'll give them that, but the rest... ehhh. The lions in Pride are more expressive than these characters :P

-----

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *perks up ears*

Ok, now they have my attention.
    Though, I have to second Kanu's opinion - I'm not seeing much expression. Part of me is hoping that there's more outside of the snippets we're seeing in the trailer... but then again, don't they usually use the best parts for trailers? Eh, we'll see.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's some new footage hidden in this video, from a japanese teaser. The scene where Simba pounces on Zazu and another Mufasa-Simba interaction (around 1:30):

Last edited by Kossu; June 14th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I bought my ticket for opening day yesterday. Here we go I guess

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I did the same today. Mainly for Adam.
    I'm just "tagging along" really, and hopefully I'll be much more enthousiastic (finally after since it's been known they were doig this) after actually seening it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand I'm really not a huge fan of re-makes and this just seems like a lazy way for Disney to cash in on a beloved old film. It doesn't seem as though they've expanded the story in any way and they're not bringing anything new to the film.

On the other hand, it's still the Lion King, and they have managed to get some good voice talent (though I'm not too sure about some of their choices)

I will end up seeing it at some point, probably not at the cinema though, so I reserve my judgement until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't made reservations but will hopefully be able to get in to see it sometime opening weekend or the one after, just to participate here more than anything.

I'm still kind of scared, IDK.

It's almost like...the old one, one of the cool things about it was how much of an epic story could be made out of nothing by just drawing, and the animation kind of enhanced the story telling because it put it in this real-but-not-real zone.

This one it feels like, the more realistic the characters are, the more awkward and silly it all feels, and that's been kind of building in me with every trailer. Paradoxically, it feels way LESS real and sort of a crap ton more lame with the hyper-realistic animals.

IDK, maybe it's just because I engaged with the drawing aspect of it for so long. But.

It's like a reality check on something beloved that I never asked for and never wanted, lol.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So...another clip.

I find Simba's voice quite bland.And Scar sounds like an angry Pumbaa to me. I'm surprised to say I do like Beyonce as Nala though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm starting to catch glimpses of promising things in the clips that are being released now I agree Nala's voice sounds pretty good, and I've been impressed by Simba's too. In the latest trailer focusing on Scar there is some interesting new dialogue as well, even though I still feel that the animation leaves much to be desired... Like in the trailer above where Scar is supposed to be full on yelling, but his mouth barely moves And there's no real weight to the characters. I'm still not buying that they're alive *shrugs*

-----