Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
Cats are better for those who go out to work, dogs however need more attention and IMO you can bond with them more.
I always hear this, time and time again. You can bond more with dogs, it's just not the same with cats to me it just means that you've never bonded fully with a cat IMO. My childhood cat and I were super close, as close as any dog/human bond and I can't wait to have that bond again with a cat. People could say exactly the same thing about birds or rabbits, but you can have very strong bonds with both of those too. I really miss having a cat, and can't wait to have that connection again with one.

All that being said, I'm the kind of person who likes to fully invest into any pet I have, I need to know them and their personality and form a bond with them. I can't have an animal as a pet that's just there to interact with at times and be fed (I know some people like cats because that CAN be done with them) but that's just not how I work. Once I get a glimpse of that personality, my heart is fully invested.