Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lion King and Tear Jerker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just started to watch the full movie again last night, and could feel myself getting teary even when Mufasa was telling Simba about the great kings of the past.

I have a feeling when I continue watching it later, tears will be running down my face when Mufasa dies (I got up to the Be Prepared scene, but that certainly doesn't make me cry. Just a feeling of disgust with Scar's evil plan. )

You know, I think the older I get, the more emotional I am.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post

True, I mean I watched all of the epic movie and I just feel thrilled by the content of the movie, I guess as a kid (pre teen, teen years) we didn't appreciate the emotion that much.

LOL, we shared the same context, I agree that the ending Climax just hit us hard on our emotion.

I think it would apply on Climax of Episode V, and Final Duel in Episode III Star Wars.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    At the musical, it's the giraffes in Circle of Life. Something about their silhouettes against the scrim and the sun rising... I cry.
    In the musical it's always the Circle of Life for me too, there's just something about it that's so powerful and wonderful. Makes me tear up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    That definitely goes for me with the movie as well. My theory is that because I've have more emotional life experiences that can relate to more of the scenarios in some way, they tend to affect me more, at a guess anyway. When I was younger I would sometimes only cry at Mufasa's death. These days however, I tear up when Mufasa is telling Simba about the great Kings of the past, when Mufasa dies, sometimes at Mufasa's ghost, and also when Simba is ascending Pride Rock at the end. I've really got to get it under control

I'm going to have to watch the movie again soon to test that out, it's been a while so I'm probably due for another TLK cry
    That which you manifest is before you.