Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Robin Williams passes away.....

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Robin Williams passes away.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5670050.html

Beloved actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday, police reported.

He was 63.

I'm sure those of you who knew me as Utora also knew I was nuts about Robin Williams. He was my favorite actor.
    I'm not someone who glorifies actors or cries when they die from stupid causes, but with Robin Williams it's pretty hard to process right now.

Despite all his flaws and issues he may have had, I really believe he was a caring, gentle person as well as a wonderful actor who really inspired and moved me at least in his movies.
    I knew he had bipolar, and struggled with the ups and downs. The worst part is he died of depression and I'm sure others here know depression, to just feel like there's no hope left. What is more disturbing is he died of asphyxiation....I don't really want those details, but he didn't use drugs, he just went out...it's heart wrenching.

Rest in peace Robin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What? This a shock, how sad...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just in such deep shock and heartbroken.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was really hoping these were fake news since the word hadn't spread much yet, but now is everywhere and like everyone I'm shocked and heartbroken. He made many funny and inspirational movies, I was especially moved by his role in Patch Adams, that movie made me see treating patients in a whole different light, so I have that to thank him for.
    Rest in Peace, Robin

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a total shock on me as I heard the news early morning.

I always enjoyed his stand up material, especially weapon of self destruction and live on Broadway. His improvisation nearly all of the interview were great and enjoyable. I also known him for a very big gamer geek on Zelda and Call of Duty.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just woke up 15 minutes ago, and that's the first thing I see.

My jaw dropped to the floor, my eyes almost fell out of my head, I feel extremely shocked, and was hoping it was another one of those hoaxes.

This is just ... *sigh*

May he find his rest now. RIP.
    Last edited by nathalie; August 12th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh. No...

Woke up in the middle of the night to be greeted by this news, found it hard to sleep after that. Don't know what else to say really, only that I feel the same now as I did when Michael Jackson passed away... trying to convince myself that it wasn't real and some kind of a hoax. But unlike Michael Jackson, this death of Robin Williams is having a much greater impact on me...

I still can't believe it, but it must be real because the news is spread everywhere... so all that's left for me to say here is... Robin, you were one of my all time favourite actors, and you made so many people smile throughout the world with your hilarious acts, and will be forever remembered because of that. Rest in peace, and god bless.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This news was the last thing I read before I went to bed last night. I couldn't believe it. It's so darn sad...

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm at work, lunchbreak, and tried reading some articles on the online newspaper, I get tears in my eyes trying to read it, and looking at the places people are leaving flowers and messages, and clips where others express how sorry they are.

I never thought a death of an actor/famous person would get to me so much as this is doing now.

I might just avoid the news this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I'm at work, lunchbreak, and tried reading some articles on the online newspaper, I get tears in my eyes trying to read it, and looking at the places people are leaving flowers and messages, and clips where others express how sorry they are.

I never thought a death of an actor/famous person would get to me so much as this is doing now.

I might just avoid the news this evening.
    I've been reading the news since 12pm just now, I stopped watching the news on 5pm, the news is just depressing for me.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't been sad like this about a celebrity since Steve Irwin. I just can't believe we won't get any more movies from him or get to hear his jokes or anything. Seems like everyone who knew him has only wonderful things to say about him. So sad that he didn't see that value in himself like the world did. Rest in peace.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've actually read that there's 2 more movies in post-production that he's in that are scheduled to be released in the next year or so.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this is the first time that the video gaming community wept over a death of a celebrity.

It's remarkable over the fans response in Zelda video game, World of Warcraft and Call of Duty community, even less than 24 hours Blizzard going to immortalize Robin Williams in the video game over one petition to make him appear in game.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I knew about Night at the museum 3, loved the other 2 movies.