Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Sarger
    Even if it was 44 minutes, the pacing was still really off. Everything just happens at the end- nothing after that, no real sense of build up, it just happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll just say what I always say: Target audience. What works for kids doesn't really make sense to adults sometimes.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Even I have more questions now with this thing, but yeah, I agree.
    Also, the 5 year olds watching Disney channel Jr, have they ever even seen Lion King? What do they care

Sarger
    They've both been on the UK Disney Junior so... maybe?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Even if they did, I'm sure they don't have questions.

People need to stop over-thinking all these things when an animated movie comes out. Pretty sure that's not on the writers minds.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I just binged watched all of this movie plus show this afternoon (I have this weird thing where it's just really hard for me to get in to TLK in fall and winter and my interest perks back up with the weather) and my over all impression watching the episodes back to back? WOW IS THERE A LOT TO CONSTANTLY YELL ABOUT IN THE PRIDELANDS. Seriously, omg everyone's always yelling, it makes my brain hoarse!

Other than that, I truly enjoy this show. Simba is a jerk but he was already a jerk in SP so I've had a decade-plus to get used to that shift. I'm still a fan.

And yeah, the "movie" was a bit of a misnomer. The entire lion guard under Scar must've been a freak show, because Rafiki's drawings of them are creeptastic.

Now please forgive me as I spam all the individual threads :P
    Last edited by cleargreenwater; April 13th, 2016 at 11:54 AM.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree with there being a lot of yelling, Bunga is especially to blame

They just announced that The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar will air in Latin America on April 22nd!
    I can't wait to hear the Mexican Spanish voices. I heard the European Spanish dub and... it's utterly horrible. They gave Kion a really high pitched voice that sounds like a screaming 6 year old. I cringed so much
    I hope the Mexican dub will be better

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally, TLG will air in Brazil. I hope to watch it tomorrow.

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh yeah! turns out it's going to air tomorrow here too

Edit: OMG! I just found out that almost all the voice actors from the original TLK Mexican Spanish dub will return for The Lion Guard! So Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa and Rafiki will all be the same ones This pleases me so, so much ^^

Too bad the voice actor for Mufasa (Carlos Magaña Guisa) won't be back since he died back in 1998 he had such a lovely voice.
    Last edited by Leorgathar; April 17th, 2016 at 04:04 AM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just letting you guys know, the new episode (The Mbali Fields Migration) is available right now on Kisscartoon. One day early!
    http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Li...de-12?id=69871

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, really?! I wonder how they got it early?! What a nice surprise after two weeks without a new episode. Thanks for letting us know Leor! We can watch it tonight then, yay.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Wow, really?! I wonder how they got it early?! What a nice surprise after two weeks without a new episode. Thanks for letting us know Leor! We can watch it tonight then, yay.
    :O I honestly had no idea the show skipped last week because my cable company had the episode posted in On Demand already last weekend. I've been watching the board all week wondering why no one was starting a topic for it! So it probably came from Verizon FIOS.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Oh yeah! turns out it's going to air tomorrow here too

Edit: OMG! I just found out that almost all the voice actors from the original TLK Mexican Spanish dub will return for The Lion Guard! So Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa and Rafiki will all be the same ones This pleases me so, so much ^^

Too bad the voice actor for Mufasa (Carlos Magaña Guisa) won't be back since he died back in 1998 he had such a lovely voice.
    Here only Pumba and Rafiki are the same actors from the movie.

What is strange is that Timon and Simba actors (not sure about mufasa) are alive, so I don't understood why they didn't reprised their roles...

Just sad... 😢 😢 😢

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm I recall having heard that Disney Junior made the episode available in their main site, just like with Rise of Makuu. There was no way I could be sure of it because of the region lock, but I guess that's where Kisscartoon got it from ><

On another topic, I finally got to watch the Mexican dub of TLG:RotR, and yeap, the older characters sound exactly the same as they did in TLK it felt so nostalgic to hear them all again, especially Arturo Mercado as Simba. The only exception was Mufasa, whose new voice I didn't like as much, maybe he didn't sound as deep as in other dubs.
    Kion's voice sounded alright, at least it's better than the European Spanish dub where he sounds too high-pitched. Kiara on the other hand sounded a bit too low (she reminded me of a goth teenager for some reason xP) but I think it's acceptable.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lane and Matthew is probably too expensive for the franchise, Beside they're pretty much an A list actors. Beside, there's nothing wrong for Schon and Lowe to cast as Timon and Simba.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OMG! There's a new leopard character in this Friday's new episode!
    His name is Makucha, and he looks awesome! Look at those eyebrows, and that outlander nose

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wooha I am excited!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just letting you guys know, you can watch the new episode now on Kisscartoon

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last edited by s-tlk; July 8th, 2016 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    According to Kevin Schon (Timon, Chungu, and the zebra leader in TLG), the zebra's name is Thurston, and he's a tribute to Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island (played by Jim Backus).
    I wonder if they based his personality on him as well

- Hamlet