I might have a different opinion than most of the population, but I actually just thought the Star Wars movie was meh. It kind of reminded me of Jurassic World in a lot of ways, mostly because it spent a lot of time giving nods to the original movie/franchise rather than breaking any kind of new ground. Like Jurassic World, I think it's making bank because it's cashing in on the world's nostalgia for the original films. I mean, Star Wars is like the original fandom and is MASSIVE...so any new addition to the franchise is going to make a ton of money.

As a movie, it was fine. Pretty standard Hollywood epic. As a Star Wars movie, I dunno...I mean, it felt more like a Star Wars movie than episodes II and III, so I liked it better than those. But it definitely lacked something, I just can't put my finger on what. I'm not saying it was a bad movie...but I just saw it on Christmas Day and have already forgotten most of what happened. And can't remember anyone's name except for Finn and Po. I dunno, maybe it just had too much hype for me to appreciate that it wasn't awful like everyone feared it would be before it came out. I'm also not much of a Star Wars fan to begin with, so I could just be a harder sell. ^^;