Thanks Thanks:  13

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, Matilda's sooo cute. Your cat is too, Azzy.

Here's a picture of my dog, Charlie!

He seems to be shy around Leor though.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At my parent's home there's 7 cats. One is mine and was there before my mom took in strays. Hobo, Maxine, Mittens, Mona, Patch, Murphy & Gilligan. Wolfgang recently passed away from an infection and age.

I'll post photos of them some other time mostly because they are on my mobile which isn't working right now!
    However, at my boyfriend's home I decided to keep a different kind of pet. I wanted one since I was a child but my father wouldn't let me; I think now he's afraid of them.

I purchased a black corn snake from a local pet store and named it (I assume 'her') Slinky.

They grow up to 5 feet or 1.5 meters, are non-aggressive and found in southern USA. She only bit me once; I laid on the couch watching The Sopranos and didn't watch as my left hand grabbed her head gently so she snapped at me. I don't think they have "teeth", just little barbs. I learned a lot about snakes just owning her; they're extremely clean and do -not- smell like my father told me, haha....and they aren't messy eaters. Also, when she goes to the restroom it is so easy to clean..it's in a little crisp on her aspen I just scoop out and am done. AMAZING. I owned a lizard before and it was white crap here, white crap there; gotta strip the cage down and scrub every week. The snake goes about once a month before I clean her home. Seemingly, snakes don't really care if they have "sunlight" like maybe a human needs it for mood properties and also a normal cycle. They advise 12 hours of some spectrum of light so they don't go nuts,and you do have to monitor temperatures for day and night. Slinky does not like the prescribed heat though and sleep in the cold corner always.

Because she is a pet store owned and raised snake, she doesn't eat live mice, just frozen and thawed. It's fairly simple. So, then a reptile exhibit came to my city and I went and purchased a Honduran Milk snake, fire orange. They're closely similar to corn snakes, but their heads and color spectrum vary more.

It was listed as a female when I got her, and she was cheap and very docile. I let her stay untouched in her home for a week, then took her out to feed her. She bit me twice and attacks the feeding box and bites herself; all of these things are not to worry I'm told but she's obviously nuts. I don't handle her too much though they say handle them more so they get adjusted to this treatment. When she bites it's a little more than a "just get off" bite, it's a "rip your thumb off!" latch of death. Still, nothing but chicklet teeth in there lol!

She won't eat.

It's been two weeks, I contacted the gentleman who sold her and he said they can go a month without food but if it persists to contact him again. I will take her to a rep-vet soon if she persists. she isn't pregnant either or shedding, which can trigger this behavior.

Funny thing about snakes; you can get them a REALLY elaborate cage with things to climb and hide in - they don't really appreciate it and can do fine living in a box under a paper towel with a plastic bowl of water so long as temps are right. Extremely simple minds lol, but both mine live in luxury.