Kossu, sorry I missed the pics of your hammy there, super cute We don't have hamsters here so it's always great to see pics.

Yes, it was sort of a compromise for my dream. I still have my heart set on a tawny Somali boy at some point. I've asked the breeder to keep us on her waiting list and see if we're in a position to add another when the time comes.

Shoelaces I'm not fussed about, but we have so many little bits and pieces just lying around that I need to clean up. In addition, I was originally going to get time off work when we expected our kitten, but because this is out of the blue and right before Christmas I can't get any time off. Which means I need to clean out the spare room so that it can be a kitten room while we're at work. I need to be able to supervise kitten, rabbit and parrot interactions for some time before I'm ok with leaving her out unattended. So we need the spare room for plenty of play space etc while she's shut in there. I'm hoping she settles in quick and we only need to shut her in for a week while I'm at work. Then maybe in the bedroom at night (haven't quite worked out the litter tray situation with that though), but I can't have her trying to play with Dory through the cage while she's trying to sleep, lol.