Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I completely understand the way the house feels empty afterwards. When I lost Furry it was really noticed because whenever we got home from school he would be sitting in the driveway waiting, or if he wasn't he would be at the back door by the time we got inside. I suppose it is a personal thing, I feel like I just need that time in between.

Ava is beautiful
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After me and my family lost our first cat, Simba, we too decided to get another cat very soon after. It was only about a week, I think. I was devastated when Simba died, but Zig-Zag, the kitten we adopted, really helped me to think about something other than the fact that Simba was gone and that the house was empty. When you have a pet you can't sit around and be sad all the time - you have someone you have to look after. And that didn't mean that I had forgotten about Simba or stopped loving him for one moment. I still wish he was around, he could easily have lived to be 13 years old, as he would've been now, but Zig-Zag is so important too.

We're all different and I can see how it could be difficult to think about getting another cat so soon after you lost one. I hope you feel better soon, Azzy

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Kanu. I understand wanting to fill that void and having another pet helps you keep focused I suppose.

In terms of when I do get a cat, my dream cat breed has always been a Somali cat (a male in the Ruddy colour), and I've actually been considering naming him Simba This is completely not something I've been planning for years But it is one of those things that will happen when Pat and I finally have ourselves sorted out, are actually living together properly in the same country and have our own place. So a little while away yet. But I think that's the only way I'll be getting a cat again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safila View Post
    . Now we're upto where she keeps sneaking my socks and lingerie and heading out to the garden where she lies curled up with them
    They are such hyper bratty children, LOL!

I can see both angles. The senior dog I'd adopted had only been gone for 3 months when my mother brought home Wally and I flipped out. When my childhood dog Holly died, I was so devastated I didn't have a pet for years; Millie the senior was sort of like fostering more than legitimate pet but I still thought it was too soon. However, just like Safila, someone/something new and fresh and cuddly and squishy and bright and wonderful needed to come into this home a.s.a.p., and Wally was & is a goddamn gift.

Azerane, I'd like to think that maybe pretend the other person was just *really* concerned about all the homeless cats in shelters? So you don't smack them? lol

How would you find a cat that's okay with Bandit anyway? o_O
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In regards to cats and bunnies, I know for a fact that I never could have kept a rabbit when I still had my childhood cat, Furry. He was a hunter and often caught wild rabbits. However, there are many rabbits that boss around cats and many cats and rabbits that do get along (though I wouldn't leave them unsupervised just in case). But bringing in a cat to live with a rabbit, if I adopted an adult I would need to find a cat that was good with small animals. Getting a kitten, you can train them to get along or at least leave the other pet alone. My goal is for any future cats I have to be indoor only, which hopefully means with no actual hunting experience, they won't be inclined to try it on Bandit He weighs about 6 pounds so it's not like he's tiny or anything. Plus, I get the feeling that Bandit has enough spunk that he wouldn't let a cat bother him if it was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Az, so sorry to hear about your kitty. I think I would have trouble getting a new pet right away as well, but then again who knows? I haven't been in that situation since I was 7....our family pet right now is a Cocker Spaniel named Corky and he is about to be 15 this year....so we'll see. I may be telling a similar story soon. : ( Here's a picture of him from 2011:

...this is pretty much what he looks like (and spends most of his time doing) now too, so I figure no need to dig up an updated photo. x) Love that little cutie...even just seeing this picture of him I want to ruffle his ears. <3

Safila, I have a friend who just got a German Shepard puppy that she named Ava. xD Must be a popular name these days.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry about your kitty. At least it sounds like she passed away peacefully. My beloved birdie passed away a couple years ago and I've just now started feeling like I'm ready to get another one, heh... whatever you choose I hope it's the best for you!

Here's a pic of Loki using Pete's butt as a pillow. Loki's a year and a half old but she's still such a munchkin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bec, I know how you feel, I feel like I need some time before getting a new pet after one passes away. When our first cat, Buddy, passed away, I just moved in with my dad, and he said I could get another cat. All I told him is that I don't want another cat, at least not then... (I guess he thought saying that to me would make me feel better, he could tell I was upset and sad about Buddy) It feels like if I get a new pet that fast, it's like I am replacing the last pet. Getting a new pet so fast after one passes away, just does not feel right to me. I need some time. I'm not sure why, but I do. We have another cat now, Miss Kitty, and I know will never forget about Buddy. So I know that getting a new pet will not replace the old one, but I do feel like I need time after one passes away before getting a new pet, especially when it's same type of animal.

Bella, our dog, I miss her. No worries, she is alive, just living with my mom, since she is my mom's dog... But I just moved away from my mom, a 6 hour drive away. I've only been here for 10 days and I miss that cute, sweet little dog. I hope I can see her again soon. But that depends on if I get a job soon or not I guess. I could bring her to San Francisco for a visit too, my mom is ok for that, but I'm not sure for how long. I guess over a month is too long. But it's better if we get settled in first before I bring her for a visit, I still have a few boxes to go through and find places for the items that are inside the boxes.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys Love the pics of Corky, and Pete and Loki. Adorable

I can understand that you miss Bella, Audra. But at least you have Miss Kitty with you and as you said, you might be able to bring Bella down for visits sometime

I just booked Bandit in for the vet on saturday (lucky him). Annual health check and calicivirus vaccination. I was finally able to make an appointment, have had to wait for the heat to die down as I didn't want to be taking him out and making the trip on these really hot days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ava was one today and I made her a doggy cake which she loved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Happy Birthday Ava!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    D'aww, gotta love that look

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She's so cute, Safila.

Here's a few pics of my dog, Charlie. Those of you on FB may have seen these already but for those of you who haven't, here you go:

He's such a poser.

He likes to share an ice cream with me too. I don't literally share it with him by the way, that would be gross. He just finishes the leftovers.

And just a cute one of him.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

#1 & Only Great And Powerful Rainbows mane6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ohmy. I really need to post my pets on here. IHaveTooMany.

And these dogs and cats on here are real cute. Gotta wuv them. <3

077.jpg Dis is Emmet

IMG_0255.jpg Dis Be Dexter N Nala ~~~

20140129_122713.jpg EW. DIS BE THE HORRIBLE SPIDER. ItSEVIL.

20140207_134303.jpg Dis be Pudge {Originally To Be Called Simba.}

I cannot find any other pet photos. UGH. WHY. Well, not on the computer anyway. xD
    Last edited by mane6; August 5th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.
    We are an alliance, and together we shall roar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man how I can't view your photo.

Here's a Siamese stray cat that stayed around like 3 week or so. Too bad I am missing this little guy, love him though.

Here's 2 of the 3 cats in this house

(12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess he's ours now ...

Last week Friday, boyfriend was doing some work in the front garden.
    I come outside to have a look, and he's like: there's a cat lying here for a bit now.
    We tried poking it (yeah, lol) and it just wouldn't move.
    It looked so sad. He's skinny to the bone, we tried petting him, and you could feel his spine and shoulders sticking out, fur completely durty (and such a pain, because he's got long fur) poor thing

It's been a week tomorrow, and we still haven't find any reasons, that would justify his original owners, for him to look like he does.
    A think a cat can always find food when he's outside somewhere?

Kenny thought it was so sad, so he gave him a little bit of food, and I know "you feed it, you keep it" lol, but Kenny was more upset with it then I was, so

It HAD to be a housepet, because he doesn't jump on you when you walk in with food.
    And when you sit down, even if you try to block him, he WILL get on your lap.
    He wondered of 2 days ago, when Kenny got home from work, and he was quite upset, and when he called me to say there was no cat, I guess I kind of was too, you get attached to a sweet thing so fast, hehe.
    But 2 hours later, when I got back home, he was sitting in the driveway ^^

We still have to take him to the vet, to see if he has a chip (no tattoo, or bit out of his ear), so he isn't really ours yet, untill we find out if he has a chip or not.

He looks a lot better now, this was last week Friday, when he looked all hobo-ish, his fur looks better now and such.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Previously "Kitty17794" :) Miss Mandz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Such adorable furbabies on here! <3333

Here are mine, all Disney named.

Chief! My baby.

And my two newest additions, Suzy and Perla, the gerbils!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Nathalie: That's a very noble thing you did for that cat, Nathalie, I'm very glad it's looking better
    @Miss Mandz: Chief looks adorable, and gerbils! gerbils are cool!

I felt that I needed to share this video here, I took it just a moment ago. Matilda is curious about my toad xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awww, love seeing everyone's pets

Here's one of my little stinker. He's in such a mood today, first I found him up on this box on the washing machine (he hasn't gone up there in about a year) and then, when I was cleaning, he was in a mood and ripping things and took a piece of tape off his box that I didn't know was there. When I noticed him eating it I tried to take it from him and he growled at me! I've never heard him growl before, then I tried again and he growled again. So... now I just have to hope and wait that it passes, because that stupid little piece of tape could kill him.

My little man.

where he shouldnt be.jpg