Thanks Thanks:  31
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your TLK fan-art!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I already commented the first one, it's really sweet and heartwarming, it brings a lovely calm feeing

As for the second one, the effort put on it is pretty evident. You're very talented in character poses, and the balance of colors too
    Sumai is quite the leader there, I like that... lion-y big cat (or whatever he is )

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The first picture is very sweet and artistic, in all it's simplicity it's able to capture the essence of love

What comes to the second picture, I don't know anything about the story behind the drawing, but I always liked the way you color your art, such detail. I also like it how you made it seem like the perspective is on the character on the middle by making everything else more or less out of focus. Well done

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those are both so awesome, Kanu. :3 I too actually have some TLK fan art to share due to valentines day. Timitu's secret santa usually helps me get something cannon-based out at least somewhat annually. x3

Attached Images Attached Images

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kanu: As usual, both of your pictures look really great. In the first one the mood is captured wonderfully, and in the second one, the whole concept is just amazing. I really like how you blurred out the characters who are the closest, it really gives a sense of perspective.

Kasei: That looks really nice. I like the effect you did with the water and the moonlight shining on Simba and Nala's body. You should post more stuff.

As for me, I've just started working on something new which I'll post here when it's finished (I haven't drawn much this year, I'm in a bit of an art block. Ugh. )

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thank you so much, everyone!

Kasei, that's so beautiful ^^ Wonderful work on the shading and the water, and I like how the foliage kinda "frames" the characters. That they're very well drawn too goes without saying

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    As for me, I've just started working on something new which I'll post here when it's finished (I haven't drawn much this year, I'm in a bit of an art block. Ugh. )
    And here it is:

Who says you can't be happy when it rains?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't believe how amazing everyone's art is

Kanu, would it be rude to say that I like the sketchy one of you and TL better? It's a lot more raw, and nice

Love your painterly technique Kasei

And KS, Simba does look very happy, nice work on the colour scheme too, I'm terrible at those.

I drew something too, speed paint type thing of Zazu for the current archive contest.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Haha, no, it wouldn't They are done in entirely different styles, so it's a matter of preference, really I kinda prefer the sketchy one too anyway, haha

Really nice work on the colours, KS! Keep working on that anatomy; remember the tail connects to the spine

And yours looks very cool, Azzy! I really like the texture and the style you've used for Zazu

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    And KS, Simba does look very happy, nice work on the colour scheme too, I'm terrible at those.

I drew something too, speed paint type thing of Zazu for the current archive contest.
    Thanks Azzy. ^^ As for yours, it looks great. Nice textures and style for Zazu, like Kanu said.

Also, a tip... for the colour scheme, just use a screenshot from the movie as reference. I copied and pasted one of Simba from here and also took the colours for the background and Pride Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Really nice work on the colours, KS! Keep working on that anatomy; remember the tail connects to the spine
    Thanks.

As for the anatomy, half of his tail is actually supposed to be hidden by his body, but I guess I didn't place the perspective well. Anatomy isn't one of my strong points, hehe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Also, a tip... for the colour scheme, just use a screenshot from the movie as reference. I copied and pasted one of Simba from here and also took the colours for the background and Pride Rock.
    Aha! I knew those colours were familiar

As for the anatomy, half of his tail is actually supposed to be hidden by his body, but I guess I didn't place the perspective well. Anatomy isn't one of my strong points, hehe.
    If you want some help with it I'm always happy to provide feedback as much as I can, if you want me to :3 Which reminds me, I need to write up that critique thread again since the original was lost :'D

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone I had fun with it, though Zazu's face is always hard to do in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just going to maybe um... brag a little here

I completed Pg 1 of a comic that these silly lion king characters in my head won't let me leave alone!! I have about 10 pages sketched, not much, I know. But I'm looking forward to it, despite the taking over of the brain part Here's hoping it doesn't fizzle out before I get to the whole interesting part, or just not fizzle out at all would be good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh that's beautiful! Can't wait to see more

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay, comics! I wouldn't know personally, but those seem like quite an endeavor. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oooh, nice, Azzy! I look forward to reading more! I've been wanting to try my hand at making a comic too, but I never get particularly far before I give up... xD

-----

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have this OCD about using TLK stock art to influence my own art; I like to be unique, like most artists. I don't want to use it.
    Issue is, I haven't drawn anything very TLK in a long time, except Mufasa; he didn't turn out to my liking.

I blew up a stock art just to get the first photo of me and Lweek drawn together; created a new vector and modified the faces, etc..
    So the base is copyright to Disney.

I'm the type of person who has to do a few observation runs (mimicking or duplicating original) before the style is memorized and I can implement it into my own without using stock.
    So, for the future I hope to get better; until now, oh well.

lweekandlexi.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    D'aww, that's so sweet. The faces do look nice, really clean lines. Never thought Lweek was that dark, but I do like the colours.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    D'aww, that's so sweet. The faces do look nice, really clean lines. Never thought Lweek was that dark, but I do like the colours.

Thanks.

His avatar here is orange-ish.....but his other character refs are brown so, "Cappuccino Lion".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh cool, I suppose it's just the interpretation of colour pencils, it can be hard to match colours right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awww, it is so sweet I like it very much. It doesn't matter it is inspired by stock image.

Azerane: I'm dark brown with creamy belly and caramel mane. Picture I have in my profile is not corectly colored. I think Olven (author of that image) tried to do my persona creatively. I think it is alright. As a photographer I know that colors are individualy changing with light so she drew me in a sunset or something.