OOC: I'm sorry, it's short, I know, and my brain's too tired to write well at the moment. But I figured I better post something, or else forfeit my spot.

IC:

Blast the rain! Katari thought as he emerged from the small outcropping of rocks where he had spent the night. It was bad enough that he'd been forced into shelter to keep out of the cold wind, but was rain really called for, too? Well, there was nothing he could do about the weather. Completely helpless...yes, that seemed to be the way of life on the savanna, or anywhere. But just because a new day brought new challenges didn't mean that one could not meet those challenges to the best of their abilities. And that was exactly what Katari planned to do this day. The conditions -- however disheartening -- were a far cry better than the desert's constant blend of blistering heat and blinding sun. Katari had made it out of that hell-hole alive; so, what was a little rain, in the long run? Certainly nothing as bad as what he'd already come through.

Shaking himself, droplets of crystalline rainwater spraying from his damp mane in all directions, he began to walk. Where, he didn't know, exactly. The giant stone kopje on the horizon seemed a likely place to find the pride that occupied this particular patch of grassland: That was where he would go, to speak with the members of that pride and, hopefully, to earn their good graces. Not that the good feelings mattered so much, not at all; but it was better to announce one's presence and be thought of as a guest, than to remain hidden and be known as a stranger and an intruder.

Each day's work is a part of one's destiny, he thought, recalling the old proverb that he had recited so often as an adolescent. Now Katari would have a chance to find out just how true that was.