Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
I don't mind evolution... but I don't think schools should enforce darwin's theory ... because that's a belief... unless the schools allow all studies beliefs they shouldn't hold their own views as truth...

(what I'm meaning is, some with say evolution means we came from monkeys... I don't believe that... and shouldn't have to face schools' exams saying otherwise, claiming it as 'evolution' ... then go ahead and ban every other teachings and beliefs... aside the boards' own)
It's not a "belief." It's science supported by evidence. Do you think schools also shouldn't enforce gravitational theory because that's just a "belief?"

Do you know why evolution says we share common ancestors with apes (not monkeys)? If you know the scientific evidence behind it, then you shouldn't be calling it a "belief." If you don't know the scientific evidence behind it, then this is even more reason why it really needs to be better taught in schools, since so many people are ignorant of the subject, especially the scientific details.