Your notion that Christians are "forcing" their religion on people is exactly what I am referring to. People believe, that becuse Christianity is so prominent in this country...any mention of those beliefs in school, on money, in speeches, in the pledge etc is going to result in it becoming the state sponsered religion. I don't even know what your viewpoint on those things is...but from the way you are speaking, it would seem that you support them. I also never stated that people are trying to suppress Christians from practicing their religion. I stated that they try to suppress it being expressed or exposed to the general public through displays, speeches etc. They go nuts anytime Chrisitianity is talked about or plays a part in some aspect of school. I don't mean it being taught religiously in school, I mean afterschool activities, the word "God" in the pledge, the mentioning of genesis, etc.

Having a large voice comes from the fact that they make up the majority of our country....that is how a democracy works. Apparently since that is offensive to some people..that the democratic system awards power to the majority...who happen to be Chrisitians...they must use the courts to try and suppress this expression of one's beliefs in either lawrs or in general.

To answer your question..YES, you do need to bring up those examples. Please show me some cases in which Christians tried to force their beliefs on others. That means exactly what you said it means...not that a majority of people who are Christians supported a law or act that others did not, and they won. It means a case in which Christians actually tried to force someone to believe in Christianity. The courts upholding a law that is supported by Christians does not mean that Christians are forcing thier beliefs on anyone.

Sadly, I could look up many cases in which Christianity and its display, mention, terminology, etc were directly the topic and the result was that they were supposed to be removed or altered. To be even more clear...seperation of church and state is not even mentioned in the Constitution other than there being no government sposored religion, which Christianity is not and isn't even close to being.

I don't know where you have been living...but in the past I have classified myself as an atheist and I didn't get discriminated against. I haven't heard any stories of such, and it is never reported on. How someone responds to your telling them that you are an athiest is completely individual. There is not mass discrimination against atheists, nor have any Christians I have met ever done anything other than ask me to come to their church, or pray for me to convert. No one insulted me, or tried to force their beliefs on me. Since you are going off personal experience, I guess my own will serve as a counter to that. Please give me some valid examples of where atheists other than yourself were continually discriminated against. If there are any, I haven't heard of them.

Christianity isn't under attack from every angle...but there are enough people who dislike it or want to reduce it's exposure that it gets to the courts, is on the news, and has books written that specifically mention it.

THIS President is "devoutly" Christian..not all have been...not even most. He didn't want to amend the Constitution for his OWN personal beliefs...he wanted to because the majority of Americans wanted that change. It's funny...because what you mention makes sense. The nation is made up of a majority of Christians. So...if your school is 80% Christian..and they are all going to take off Christmas day, etc (not to mention teachers)...then it makes sense to just close the school for that holiday. Anyone, from any other religion can take off any day they want from school for w/e holiday they want. However..you don't just close the whole school for a Jewish holiday, when there are only 5 Jewish people in the school. Once again...most businesses are run by AMERICANS...and America is made up of CHRISTIANS for the most part...so you are upset because Christians are displaying images of their faith? Now a Christian has to display Muslim and Jewish symbols as well, even though he (and most of the country) aren't of that religion? No school provides "creation textbooks". A "disclaimer" that states that evolution is only a theory is actually correct. Given that evolution isn't even as well supported as claimed, it makes sense that it shouldnt be taught as FACT, when it is not. Those biology textbooks you like so much still have the peppered moth experiment as valid, and the speculative, completely unsupported drawings of horse evolution, as well as the Miller-Urey experiment. All WRONG. We don't need to make this an evolution talk though, just pointing that out. Basically you are demonstrating exactly what I am talking about. This politically correct, bias against Christianity. It's completely wrong. If YOU don't like the way this country is run, then why don't you move away? I LOVE my country...besides, you are in California, which is almost another country already.

~Kiva