Well I admit you have a point in that not all liberals are democrats...but the democratic party is largely made up of liberals. However, the majority of the time...I disagree with liberal viewpoints as it is. I tend to agree with conservative viewpoints that are held by Republicans mostly. I understand the dangers of generalization as well. I don't think it is weird that I interchange the two because as you stated..democrats are usually liberals..and the democratic party is one of the largest in the nation. Why is it wrong to then assume that if a large party of liberals supports this certain idea..that it just might be an issue that is supported by liberals in general regardless of party affiliation? That does not mean ALL liberals support it...but if the largest gathering of liberals supports it..then why is it wrong to assume that the liberal community does too?

Secondly...the Democratic party exists within the U.S only (though I know there are others that are similar in other nations)...but this idea is held by those in Europe as well? Since the Democratic party does not extend to Europe..but the liberal mindset does...why then is it wrong to assume furthermore that this is generally a liberal idea, perpetuated but liberals?

Although all people who call themselves liberals might not support this idea...it does not change the fact that it is endorsed by a very large representation of liberals in this nation..and is evident in other countries as well...countries that are considered to be very liberal. I never was out to say that ALL liberals feel this way..or that you must hold this ideal to call yourself one...but I do believe it was brought up by them, and I believe it is supported by a large part of their group.

My mistake too...every debate you have had with me. Maybe so...you are very well spoken in your arguments. I try my best...well most of the time...but honestly I don't do as well as I should and as well as I do when I feel more comfortable and less hostile. Such as when I have discussion on MSN with friends about issues we disagree one. Im not sure that my argument is based on a bias...but rather a generalization that seems to have some weight behind it to me.

I am not sure as to which fact I states however that you are referring to? I think that I failed to explain things the way I should have..but I never intended to present what I felt was correct as the absolute truth or fact.

Anyways...I need to go to bed now...tomorrow is my birthday and I am going places and such. So..continue this later then. No hard feelings.

~Kiva

EDIT: Oh..I missed some posting..I shall catch up later. =)