Originally posted by Only-now
I would also like to say that I would be willing to bet that "dsicrimination" takes on a new meaning when you are using it....and thus ends up perpetuating tha view of a one-way freedom of speech. Ex: "I hate God!" That's using freedom of speech right? "I hate people who don't believe in God!" Not freedom of speech, discrimination right?

Your statement is true, about things not being the way they seem...but I doubt that is one of them.

~Kiva
Well, if I told you what I read into freedom of speech before we made the bet, I don't think you'd be willing to carry it through. Because, in this case you'd lose.

Discrimination is rather denying someone an employment (or an apartment/whatever) because of this person's religious or non-religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, etc. and so forth. In this, I don't differ much (if at all) from the average dictionary.

Heh, I knew we don't really see eye to eye on a range of issues, but I didn't think your opinion of me was that low. Oh well.

As for your doubts on the whole Islamist deal, well, you show that the Islamists are actually getting their way (anywhere in Europe, really) and I'll concede the point.