Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How has Lion King affected your actions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How has Lion King affected your actions?

I did a quick search, but I couldn't find anything along these lines (I'm also unsure where exactly this should go, and I'm hoping I'm right).

Anyway, I was just going through some older posts a while back, and it got me thinking: if it weren't for The Lion King, would some of our actions, be different? For example, several people on TLKFAA have decided to pursue a career in animation after having been inspired (whether partially or wholly) by Lion King. Others have visited Kenya and other parts of Africa after having fallen in love with the landscape that is featured in the film. People have met others who share this wonderful obsession, have decorated their cars with Lion King, become collectors of related merchandise, and found a love of lions themselves through the movie's existence.

What thing (or things) are you pretty sure would never have happened had it not been for Lion King? For me, a simple love of Simba (and many years spent on all fours growling and playing lion with friends and relatives) has morphed into a true passion for lion conservation, and over time it's become a dream to work in the field. I know how consuming something as big as this can be-and how trivially fun and enjoyable something less huge like rescuing those Lion King plushies from second-hand stores-So tell me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well if it where not for the lion king i wouldent go back to my happy good going self "long story short" so i would probebly made all my actions diffrent if it where not for the lion king.

besides i wouldent be so "happy" becuse if not for it id never meet all my friends and go with them to paris where one of my dreams came true with the disny magice...god il never forget watching that pariade and those fire works...

and i honestly think by this time i wouldent live if it were not for the lion king...its amazing what one movie can do...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If I never fell for TLK, my bank account would be bigger.

I know I never would have met all of you awesome people that's for sure. As for my career, TLK really didn't affect that much. I had wanted to major in theater, but then I switched back to bio. No one was surprised since they said they knew it was what I'd go into since I was little, before TLK. I have adopted Hakuna Matata and try not to let things bother me. Key word is try. Sometimes I do get pretty stressed, but I get over it. Something I don't tell many people, but TLK saved me. I was a depressed pre-teen... something about TLK made me want to keep going. I can't explain it and I probably never will be able to. It just is.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm trying to become a 2D character animator. I don't know if it's just because of TLK, because I love many other animated movies too. But TLK is my favorite animated movie so it's has a strong impact on my decision to become an animator. And through this message board I have made many wonderful friends, and a lot of them I have met in person and had a lot of fun hanging out with them. But I think the biggest thing TLK has affected in my life, is my love life, meeting Petteri here on Lea Halalela. He's mean the world to me.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well when I first came fan in 1998 I had just move to a new place and didn't really know how to see my friends or want really able to get new ones so TLK gave me something to do... then again I didn't really stay as fan for long or at least not as active, still liked it, but it didn't show in my life in any other way than having pictures on my walls or bedcloths on my bed.

then 2003 I was going through a deep depression, I even became suicidal. ( which I was about to even commit when I found Lea so I never know if this forum actually even saved my life, but I beleave it did ) after joining here, I have met a lot of people, improved my english and came a lot more confidnet about myself and gotten goals on my life. The first summer I met Fuzzy, Boos ( whos account is no more I think ) and Naline in england and had the best time in a while, after that things have just gone crazy with meeting up other fans which I suppose I have met about 20.

Anyways the biggest thing TLK has brought to my life is deffinedly the same as for Sharifu. I never knew I could love anyone again and that I could ever end up together with such a great person as she is. And at the same time as I mean the world for her, she is always the light for me, no matter how dark it is around. The happiness we share together is something undiscrible and a life with her is deffinedly worth more than an unlimited amounts of lifes without her for me.

So yeah TLK has had quite a huge effect on my life

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its not really inspired me. I like the movie to the point of I know the script (but hey you do that with about 10 viewings) but it hasn't influenced me much. Probably started singing along to TLK songs and thus started me off singing quite well, but that path was never much walked down

*Hakuna Matata* is very much a phrase for strong willed people, it never worked for me when I was down, but its a nice ideal. The soundtrack *King Of Pride Rock* makes me want to cry everytime I hear it ...

I joined TLKFAA and Lea for the comunity and people there, as the few fans I have know, I hardly upload any pictures (although working on a non-crappy one atm).

Meh ... yay for mediocre fan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    And through this message board I have made many wonderful friends, and a lot of them I have met in person and had a lot of fun hanging out with them.
    Ditto-ness to that!

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'd say TLK has had a huger impact on my life than I ever imagined it to...

I didn't used to enjoy doing computer related art as much as I do now, and I think TLK is the main thing I started drawing again. So yeah, it's had a huge impact there. I also took a strong liking into the African landscapes and animals too. I don't think I've ever visited a much more beautiful country than when I visited Kenya back in August, it was just like I had imagined. TLK actually made me want to visit the country so much.

It's also changed my life friendship/relationship-wise too. Before I joined Lea I was a bit on the depressive/suicidal side. I was bullied way throughout my school years because of who I was; frankly, I just wanted to be myself and not change for anyone. It stopped though after a while. But I'm really glad I found a place where I can just be myself, without any need for bullying or pathetic name-calling. If I never grew to like TLK so much, I wouldn't have found or joined Lea. Over the past 2-3 years, I have met so many awesome and wonderful people and I've met up with quite a few of you too, some more than others. Others I have a stronger friendship/relationship with, but that's probably because I've spoke to them more or met up with them more. I mean I've met up with Dani (Tiikeri) 4/5 times so far, and even though we didn't speak much or at all at the London meeting in August, we've grew a lot closer and it's been fun. ^^ It's good for the both of us since we live relatively close to one another, so it's a lot easier to meet up and isn't too pricey money-wise.

So yeah. I'd say Lea has had an impact on my self-esteem and influences towards other people too, and has made me less shy. Plus, it has given me a better outlook towards others and has allowed me to make new friends.

Sadly though, as much as I love TLK, I don't own much TLK-related merchandise. Yes, you can call me sad if you want to, cause I am really if you think about it. I really need to empty my pockets more and spend some money. Srsly, my purse is overloaded with cash, so yeah. Future plans to spend more money on merchandise. XD

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How's it affected my actions? Well, I probably wouldn't be into animal conservation and art as much, I don't believe, though I could be wrong. Certainly not animation.

That's not really my actions though. In some respects it's affected the fact that I try to be more open with people, because I know a lot of my life is kinda based around TLK especially how I met Pat and so I get a little shy about it when people ask, so I just try to be honest with them and say I met him online and I just say it as if it's not such a dramatic thing, then they just tend to react to it fairly normally.

In other ways, TLK has made me hide things. Because I draw mainly TLK things, I hide my drawings because I'm afraid of what people will think. But I guess I shouldn't. I do draw in class sometimes and my friends say my drawings are great, but I usually try not to draw TLK style in class, hehe.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Oh and I find I'm more accepting of other peoples crazy obsessions because I have one too
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, but I used to think that Africa was just a cool place with lions, zebras, etc. and the rest of the country was just another third-class nation trying to survive. Now, through songs like 'Grasslands Chant' and others I appreciate the rich culture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, for one thing, I guess it was TLK that got me started in writing, which lead to my obsession with proper spelling and grammar (now watch me mess up in this post!). And that has really helped me in my schoolwork.

I suppose that Lea has helped me become a faster typist, too.

I've made lots of friends and connected with some cool people, partly in thanks to TLK. For instance, last July I attended a camp for drama (mostly play-acting, but also some script-writing), and on the first night, at, like, 1:00 a.m., one of the guys in my room started quoting TLK. Kinda weird, but there was still an instant bond, and I came to find out that all three of my roommates liked TLK. And it went downhill from there.

So, while it hasn't altered my life to any great extent, it's kind of cool how something considered "childish" by many can actually bring you together with people your own age (and older).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, to be honest, I'm always sure to stay low and close to the ground before pouncing now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me, I saw it "for the second time" when I was 16 (wow, a long time ago...). I had been watching, about one per night, old VHS movies we had and that I hadn't seen in a long time.

I don't remember the others I watched in those weeks, but I remember when I saw TLK - it was able to put a very strong impression upon me, that I was able to feel the hope and the horror and the humanity represented in the TLK story. And then I was on the path to fandom.

Now I appreciate more -- its quality of animation, for one. I have found a similar love for Balto and The Fox and the Hound, some of the best animated feature movies ever made, IMO. I also have come to appreciate and support classic 2-D animation as an art form, hard to explain to others.

But I've found that it is not necessary to hide this love for TLK - I have an enormous original poster on my dorm wall, and when people see it, they're like, "I loved that movie."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
    Don't get me wrong, but I used to think that Africa was just a cool place with lions, zebras, etc. and the rest of the country was just another third-class nation trying to survive. Now, through songs like 'Grasslands Chant' and others I appreciate the rich culture.
    Africa is a continent, not a country.

As for moi, it sparked my love for lions as well as all the other big cats. Um, as well as everyone else, it created this forum which in turn enabled me to make new friends. Even if I have to go see them instead of them coming to see me ?_? but yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katari
    Well, for one thing, I guess it was TLK that got me started in writing, which lead to my obsession with proper spelling and grammar (now watch me mess up in this post!). And that has really helped me in my schoolwork.
    "Which led to my obsession with proper spelling and grammar." It LED you to your obession. Lead means that you are taking something\someone to something or someone. Led is the past tense.

Just joshing around I'm an English fanatic, also.

Tii: forgot it was a continent...lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, sharp, Kiara Serengeti -- I was wondering who would mention that little joke.

But, yeah, I love posting in proper English -- it's the least I can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Back in the day all i wanted to do was run people over with my car and throw bricks at them...But the Lion King saved me...it showed me that my ways were wrong! That I was going down a dark path...plus I ran out of bricks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roog...I love you.

As soon as you see he's the last person to reply, you know you've got a treat in store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Back in the day all i wanted to do was run people over with my car and throw bricks at them...But the Lion King saved me...it showed me that my ways were wrong! That I was going down a dark path...plus I ran out of bricks...
    Have you ever thought of seeing the nice people in the white coats? J\k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well to make a long story short TLK changed my whole life and me, im completely different now ... i might edit this tomorrow when im not tired and write more XD