Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyP32891 View Post
    What is with all the hate? Am I seriously the only one here who absolutely loved it? I'd say it's Disney's best musical since Hunchback.
    You don't understand all the hate for it, and I don't understand all the love for it that I'm seeing plastered literally all over facebook Different people will have different opinions. It just wasn't my thing.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    You don't understand all the hate for it, and I don't understand all the love for it that I'm seeing plastered literally all over facebook Different people will have different opinions. It just wasn't my thing.
    I do think some people are mad because Disney is marketing it as the best since TLK which is wrong on their part. As I said it's the best since Hunchback. Have we forgotten the bad string of movies last decade Dinosaur? Atlantis? Home On The Range? Chicken Little (sorry Nathalie)? Bolt (Again sorry Nathalie)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just because those movies might be bad, doesn't make Frozen good, perhaps in comparison but doesn't mean everyone's going to like them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually love Dinosaur and Atlantis... xD Goes to show that everyone is just different, I don't think anyone is trying to say that if you like or dislike a movie you are wrong. We are all just sharing thoughts and opinions. I'm definitely glad that Frozen seems to be doing so well, more incentive for more movies as far as I'm concerned. Now if they would just make another 2D film....*Wishful thinking*

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's what it boils down to for me really, I still haven't adjusted to 3D animation. Even though I know it isn't, it just always will "read" as less magical and lower-budget/cheaper looking to me, and I think that's what my problem is. I do want to see Frozen one day, but even with Tangled, it just doesn't translate to being as *crafted* as 2-D. I still have trouble seeing it as a blockbuster Disney production.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's almost like they've decided 2D OR 3D movies, not some of both, but it's not like they're mutually exclusive...

At the very least, with both Tangled and Frozen, I'm glad that Disney have worked back to their roots of movies with songs, a Disney movie without songs (while they can obviously still be good) is simply not a traditional Disney movie in my opinion, and they always feel like they're lacking something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyP32891 View Post
    I do think some people are mad because Disney is marketing it as the best since TLK which is wrong on their part. As I said it's the best since Hunchback. Have we forgotten the bad string of movies last decade Dinosaur? Atlantis? Home On The Range? Chicken Little (sorry Nathalie)? Bolt (Again sorry Nathalie)?
    What do I have to do with Chicken Little? It's an OK movie, I just happen to really like 2 song, the rest is of it "blah".

And yeah, I liked Bolt, I also really liked Atlantis & Dinosaur.
    We aren't the same, we don't have to like the same stuff you know

And there you go, saying it's the best since Hunchback, while Disney said it's the best since TLK, same thing kind of
    That's yours and Disney's opinion on things.

Can't argue about opinions.
    Even though some people do try.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    What do I have to do with Chicken Little? It's an OK movie, I just happen to really like 2 song, the rest is of it "blah".

And yeah, I liked Bolt, I also really liked Atlantis & Dinosaur.
    We aren't the same, we don't have to like the same stuff you know

And there you go, saying it's the best since Hunchback, while Disney said it's the best since TLK, same thing kind of
    That's yours and Disney's opinion on things.

Even though some people do try.
    I thought because you liked the 2 songs you liked all of CL. Bolt I didn't like because of Miley. Dinosaur & Atlantis were just OK to me. I think Lilo & Stitch & Treasure Planet handled the Sci-Fi better. It's my opinion & Disney's opinion yes. At least we're not stuck in the days of Home On The Range & Chicken Little anymore. I liked Frozen better than Princess And The Frog & Tangled. I have no doubt Tangled & Frozen would have been 2D if Princess And The Frog wasn't a disappointment to Disney which was their fault for putting it out the week before Avatar released. Or like the new Winnie The Pooh which was stupidly put out the same week as the last Harry Potter here. We should have gotten in Spring like the rest of the world did. Then again Pooh did well for what it was. Frozen may even beat Despicable Me 2 here which I hope happens as I am not a fan of that series, but that's due to me having a big Disney bias.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, there you have it ... besides that stupid Yodel song, I quite enjoyed Home on the Range, lol.

You just can't argue about opinions.

So for me, Frozen isn't the best movie since TLK, like Disney says, because I like too many other movies that came inbetween these past 20 years. But I did really like Frozen, and will probably be considered as "one of my" favorites.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Well, there you have it ... besides that stupid Yodel song, I quite enjoyed Home on the Range, lol.

You just can't argue about opinions.

So for me, Frozen isn't the best movie since TLK, like Disney says, because I like too many other movies that came inbetween these past 20 years. But I did really like Frozen, and will probably be considered as "one of my" favorites.
    Roseanne is the only reason I'll watch Home On The Range. I love her. I just had expected more out of Disney especially since this was at the time the last 2D movie of theirs. This was also Menken's weakest score. Disney markets every single new movie bar Wreck-It Ralph for some reason as the best since TLK. They said the same thing about Princess And The Frog & Tangled, and I don't think either are as good as TLK. I just really loved Frozen, and I never wished to offend anybody with my opinion. I loved the songs, the story, the animation, Olaf. In one word I'd say it's assgbuetuigjksegutyehbjmgdis or just amazing in English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not that I dislike 3D animation at all, I thought Tangled was a beautiful movie visually, but Frozen's animation was just bland in my opinion. It's like they tried to copy the exact animation style of Tangled, only... not as good, haha. I'd have preferred they'd tried something a little different, at least.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I've now at last had my second viewing of Frozen and I'm more towards "I like it" now. There are still things that will never stop bugging me, but there are a lot of moments that are very enjoyable and well executed.

The biggest problem I have with this film is still by far that Elsa and Anna's accident at the beginning of the film never is dealt with. They made at least five plantings that hinted at it, but it was never resolved. Aaargh! That is bad film-making and I can't really forgive them for that. All it would've taken was one or two lines by the elder troll, a look from Anna and that would've been fine >.<

The ending still feels very "last minute". Like, "Oh, darn, we're running out of screen time and we've still got to wrap this up! Quick, solve everything!".

And all that awkward sub-par animation... Most of the film does look just fine, a lot of it is great, but when it's bad it's bad... you are Disney; please make it better than this :C I can't help but feel like they've been trying to mask some poor character performances with pretty effects work.

But other than that, sure, I like it. They've done well for the short time they threw the film together in, but it could have been brilliant; another year of development wouldn't have hurt.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I too would have thought when the troll looked at Anna's hair, he would remember her and mention something about it.

Rumours were that they were heading towards the dead-line with this one, and therefore ended up a bit more sloppy :/

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the opinion that the troll did remember her, he calls her by her name and until that point her name isn't mentioned in front of him since when she was a child.

After a couple more viewings, I have to admit that I was wrong. I'm enjoying the movie a lot more, the general feel with the songs is very "musical theater" style which is I think what's really drawn me in, there's a lot to them. The magic seems less out of place than it first did for me. Not being a complete animation buff, I don't particularly notice the rushed animation (apart from the obvious mistake already pointed out with the hair!!!).

My friend however did point out one thing that now bothers me and I realise how right she is.

I thought about it and it makes a lot of sense. It also ruined the movie the next time I watched it You're welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, so Frozen is the top selling box office animated movie of all time. That's a good news for everyone who loved it.

What about The Lion King?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's 3D animated, it doesn't count When they release a 2D animated movie that tops Lion King, then I'll be impressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, but probably today's standard won't accept 2d Animation anymore. I read about couple of articles that Frozen took over the mantle of most successful animated movies ever, they didn't mention 2d animation but they just mention "Frozen took over the best animated movie after The Lion King".

(12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's done right, and well developed it shouldn't matter if it's 2D or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    If it's done right, and well developed it shouldn't matter if it's 2D or not.
    Well the movie is done right IMO, So there's no hard feeling over this achievements.

Except for someone who bashed TLK over it.

what an immature response for me. >.<
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu