Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate: Gay Marriages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unequivocally, yes. People should have the right to marriage no matter what their sexual orientation is. It is a simple matter of equality, and one that the younger generation sees loud and clear. Polls have shown that a majority of Americans ages 18-25 think the idea of gay marriage is fine. Gay marriage will become a non-issue in 20 years, accepted by the population.

:kovusmile

To clarify, currently it is only legal in Massachusetts for gays to get married. Don't just assume if its left-wing, it's California (although there was an instance about a year or two ago where the mayor of San Francisco instituted gay marriage in his city until a court intervened about a week later).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe gay people should be allowed to get married...to me, marriage is more a legal contract than anything else when you get down to what a marriage does for you. But if they want to get married in the church, then they have to abide by the Church's law on marriage and if that means no Gay marriage, then that is that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    see the whole gay thing..if they want to get married.. let them..it`s they`re choice..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    I just have the tendency to meet stuck up gays (men, especially) in real life. -__-
    Really? The gay men I have met are really nice and funny.

Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    84% of all american teenaged girls that voted said gay guys were "hot"
    I think that's because gay guys are sensitive people... I myself am attracted to sensitive guys. There are sensitive straight guys of course, but I think that's kind of rare.

My thought of the whole issue, is that homosexuality, should be more accepted. I don't think there's anything wrong with them getting married.

I seriously don't think homosexuality is something people choose. Think of it this way, why would you choose to be gay? Homosexuals have a hard enough time being excepted, and are looked down upon. If you had the choice, why would you choose that? Doesn't that make sense? I think homosexuals are born that way, and they can't help the way they feel.

I do feel that it's not natural though, but I don't have anything against it, because I don't think they can help it, and it matters in this life to be in love, and be loved back, to be happy.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sure why not..love is all the same..

thanks alot Sharifu am a sensative guy ( i think 0.o) am never in to fights and think its really imature ya saying am a gay now?! XP

(lol jk ;3)

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shadow she said men can be sensitive too, even it's rare

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah I was saying I think it's rare that there are sensitive straight men, but there are some other there.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I have nothing against gays whatsoever :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though my religous views teach me that homosexuality is wrong and gay marraige should not be allowed, I still view them as humans. And being human myself, I see each and every one of them as having as much value as a human as my self. In other words, I don't look down on them because of their lifestyle decission. As it has already been stated, the Christian belief is that homosexuality is wrong. But, it is also taught that there is not a single righteous person. We have all fallen due to sin. And as somebody else has already said goes for me too, who am I to judge them anyway.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Yeah I was saying I think it's rare that there are sensitive straight men, but there are some other there.
    Shadow stole my sensativity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like to think of myself as a sensitive guy, I don't know how I come across to most people. But, I don't want to be too sensitive because I may appear as a creep, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Personally i do not have anything against it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, being sensitive, and being gay have no correlation to one another. If you have met more sensitive gay people, then maybe that is because you hang out around a lot of gay people, more often than straight people. Gay people are not more open socially...that would depend on the person completely seperate from their sexual orientation. I have nothing against gay people...I am not one, so I don't necessarily relate to them..and I do think that whole feminine thing is just funny...but I have no problem and I'm not homophobic. I do however, disagree with gay marriage, as do the majority of people in my country.

My views are not religious in preventing me from accepting this though. Of course, no Christian church should ever marry two people from the same sex, because anyone can tell you that it IS agianst their religion. If they want to intepret it a new way, that is fine..but they aren't following the bible anymore.

I have no problem with giving them certain rights that married people have if they go through a certain process. My problem however, is one, that I don't believe gay people will stop there. It isn't just an issue of getting the rights..they want to call it "marriage" because they want to stir up trouble with the norm. They want to try and force themselves upon straight people and force us to accept them by forcing us to allow them something that only straight people possess. I think if we granted marriage, that they would then begin asking for more.

Also, gay marraige IS bad for society. Did you ever stop to think back to Ancient Greece? The Spartans actually encouraged homosexuality within the military because it would make a stronger bond and you would fight harder for the men next to you. They did NOT however, EVER leagalize gay marriage in any way. They recognized that is was not beneficial to society. There have even been people from other coutnries that HAVE legalized it, that now say it is a problem. That multiple marriages are up..because someone will marry a man and a woman. May I ask..can gays have children? Obviously, the answer is no. So...why should they be allowed certain tax breaks, etc etc..when they do not contribute to society with children or a family?

I just find it strange..that homosexuals need the ability to get "married" What does that mean? Do they want the churches to be forced to marry them? Do they just want the legal benefits? As someone stated, homosexuality isn't against the law...and more people are accepting of it. We don't have a problem with gays living together, going places, having their own clubs, etc etc. What more do they want? They have to have the privelage of getting married as well? Marriage is NOT a right..it IS a privelage. We can deny you the right to marry a straight person as well...but they somehow think they can demand the right to get married when in reality there are little if no reasons for them to change a thousand year old tradition? Although I have not found every justification against it yet..I also have the feeling deep down that I KNOW that this is not right..and THAT along with this info is why I voted no.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't think anyone should interfear with the fact if they wanna get married or not.

They have to marry themselves, not the people who makes those laws or the people who say they can't.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only-Now *May I ask..can gays have children? Obviously, the answer is no. So...why should they be allowed certain tax breaks, etc etc..when they do not contribute to society with children or a family?*
    I'm just a bit offended by that hun. Just because people can't have children doesn;t mean they should be discriminated against. My own folks couldn't have children so they adopted me when I was a baby. Unless you meant that another way of course

To be ontopic - the more equality the better. Finally, some sensible people saw that gays were being discrimminated against and put action into stopping it! Gay marriage rocks and it just makes homosexuality less of a taboo subject (well, thats the way i have been brought up, thinking that homosexuality is a taboo)
    Its like discimminating between races of humans.. *my god you have a different colour of skin???? You must be inferior!* Don't we have the same blood people? Are we not all humans?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    First of all Only-now... I do not hang out with more gay guys then straight people, I don't know too many homosexuals in person.

I think homosexuals want to be able to be married for the rights... I remember my mom saying, how when someone is dying, and in the hospital, they might say that only the spouse can see the dying person, so homosexuals can't because they aren't legally married... That for example, is why I think why homosexuals should be able to have that right.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If such matters were to be legalized, such scrutiny would be overlooked by heterosexuality. Eventually same-sex marriages will be completely legitimate, but not under the eyes of God ...

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by S0nique
    but not under the eyes of God ...

Not under the eyes of some people's God. My religion has no problem with homosexuality.

@Only Now: Gay people can adopt children, as can straight couples, and thus I see no reason why not to have a tax break. I plan on adopting a child if the person I marry is male; though this may not be the case in Ohio come November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    Also, gay marraige IS bad for society. Did you ever stop to think back to Ancient Greece? The Spartans actually encouraged homosexuality within the military because it would make a stronger bond and you would fight harder for the men next to you. They did NOT however, EVER leagalize gay marriage in any way. They recognized that is was not beneficial to society. There have even been people from other coutnries that HAVE legalized it, that now say it is a problem. That multiple marriages are up..because someone will marry a man and a woman. May I ask..can gays have children? Obviously, the answer is no. So...why should they be allowed certain tax breaks, etc etc..when they do not contribute to society with children or a family?
    Ahem, please get your ancient Greek facts straight.

First off, there was no sexual orientation as we see it today: you were not straight, you were not gay, you just were. And so, for a man, his stages of relationships would be as such: an older man would take a young man under his wing as his sexual partner, and as they young man grew up he'd then take on a younger male partner; after this cycle the guy would marry to have kids*. In fact, the ancient Greeks believed the only sexual relationships of real worth were male/male, as men could only fulfil each other. So, yes, homosexuality was not encouraged, it was just normality.

(*of course it was not always like this, for example Achilles and Patroclus.)

And as for your point of not being able to have kids. Don't be ridiculous. What about old couples? Infertile couples? Couples who aren't sexually active? People who don't want kids? Can't they marry?

I'm going to say 'no'

from the christian perspective: you all know the story of 'sodom and ghamora' right? ...

but it's not my place to judge what is right and what is wrong....
    Oh yes, that's a fantasic story! I mean, it promotes rape and abuse of women in such a way that is sickening, and also the objectification of them. At the end of a day it was just written by a misogynist, at the time when male/male relationships were trying to be destroyed by the Jews etc.

Anyway... yes, I'm fine with it. Even if I wasn't, that's not a good enough reason to stop gay marriage. Hell, people are still against interracial marriages, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. We have 'em over here, and our society isn't falling apart. =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simply, Yes. I find it akward that there's even a discussion going on in our modern society, where everybody is supposed to be threated like equals.