Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate: Gay Marriages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Protected sex is needed. Without it, we'd have a million kids running around. Being gay doesn't help anything.

Like I said before,I like the people, not what they do. Anyone can try to prove me wrong about gay people. You can give me as many excuses as you want. I'm still not going to approve of it, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ashara
    Protected sex is needed. Without it, we'd have a million kids running around. Being gay doesn't help anything.
    But what I'm trying to say is, if you say that gay sex is immoral because it's unnatural, straight sex with protection is immoral because it's unnatural too. So basically, it's contradictory to think that gay sex is wrong because it's unnatural, yet support straight sex with protection. Also, what do you mean by "being gay doesn't help anything"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am so, so confused by this statement. Uh, obviously if you're in a gay relationship, you're not going to have any children of your own. So.. protected sex is needed so there won't be any more kids, but gay sex isn't helping that?

Er. Maybe I misinterpreted you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Xinithian: You made some good points.

When it comes down to it, people are going to do what they want to do... Nor science, nor God will stop them. People think that being homosexual is wrong because it'll tare down the moral fibers. Let the truth be known that it is a selective process that Nature has intended on using to path anew.

Humanity's biggest fear is change.

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I voted yes.

Marriage is about comminment; not about about religion, age, color, physical disablity or...gender. Marriage is about love, even if its with the same sex.

I really don't see the problem of gay marriage, maybe its the way I think.

I have a friend who more reglious than I am and she is totally anti-gay. She hates gay marriage and thinks its very wrong. In fact, we both had a fight over this subject since she was making fun of them and I happen to have friends that are gay/bi. She really pissed me off then and I didn't talk to her for days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you want to have sex, it should be without protection, because that should only be shared with someone you'd devote your entire live to, seeing as protected sex is the same as gay sex, You get nothing from it, but what we call ecstacy(Pleasure)

:s

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    if you want to have sex, it should be without protection, because that should only be shared with someone you'd devote your entire live to, seeing as protected sex is the same as gay sex, You get nothing from it, but what we call ecstacy(Pleasure)

:s
    Yesssss, but the fact of the matter is that some don't want kids, but they do want to have sex.

Also, I disagree with you- protected/gay sex should be about more than just pleasure, but, eh, different topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Storm90: You will have to forgive people like that because they're inauspicious. Usually what I do if homosexual talk becomes a cross-lateral topic (not on a bulletin board or anything...) I tend to subdue myself from saying anything... as aforementioned... it's going to happen anyway... and what's the point of squabbling the stubborn, but that's the way I feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Yesssss, but the fact of the matter is that some don't want kids, but they do want to have sex.

Also, I disagree with you- protected/gay sex should be about more than just pleasure, but, eh, different topic.
    er..

Thats what I said, I think sex should not be because people want it, but because they want to carry on a future generation of the species, and pass on their genes. Other than that, it should not be done in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey KTL, I want my cake and eat it too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by S0nique
    Hey KTL, I want my cake and eat it too!
    If only I knew where that came from XD

Er.. *gives you chocolate cake* Oo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If only I knew where that came from XD

Er.. *gives you chocolate cake* Oo?
    Cake is sex, so thank-you very much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I seriously fail to see where Cake is sex Xx Sex involved inser... Nvm You all know xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    er..

Thats what I said, I think sex should not be because people want it, but because they want to carry on a future generation of the species, and pass on their genes. Other than that, it should not be done in my opinion
    Er.. that's not what I said.

What I meant was that even if you're having gay/protected sex, it should still hold some meaning beyond pleasure. IE, with someone you love as opposed to some stranger you met at a bar, y'know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Er.. that's not what I said.

What I meant was that even if you're having gay/protected sex, it should still hold some meaning beyond pleasure. IE, with someone you love as opposed to some stranger you met at a bar, y'know?
    oh, the way you worded it made me think differently Sorry Sombolia ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    first I wanna clarify that I did know that cycle about ancient Greece...my point was that they still didnt ALLOW MARRIAGE between a man and another man, etc. There was a reason for this in my mind.

All I can say is that I believe that gay marriage will have horrible social implications on family, morals, and even the economy. Above all, it is just not normal..and should never be made to seem as such.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    All I can say is that I believe that gay marriage will have horrible social implications on family, morals, and even the economy.
    Like what? I've heard so many people say that, but they never say what "horrible social implications".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the only reason I didnt name them is because it would take a long time to explain..and I dont just want to post a link. Plus, I can tell that this debate isn't worth having here because I will just be outnumbered, and there are a lot of young, idealistic as well as bisexual or gay people here. I am not going to waste my time trying to debate something with someone who isn't going to change their mind..just as I dont want anyone wasting their time with me. If something changes my mind, I will let everyone know...but until then, I might just read on this topic.

~Kive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The point isn't to change one's mind. It, at the very least, is to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree, sex should never mean 'pleasure' ... for if it does, it's likely to not be about love atall... just some desire... with gays... there's no reason for sex... most people will confuse sex for 'love' or has some "if you love 'em you have to have sex with 'em" thing... but no... if it were true love, it'd not need to depend on sex... unfortunatly, for gays, this means they are more like good friends rather than a couple. Thus is not really built on love, rather, merely a lust or strong desire... or perhaps there's a missing hole you are trying to fill, yet can't for some reason. Thus resorting to sex...

Also marriage does mean more than just a paper... marrage symbolises the binding of two souls into one, for the rest of your life as how it should be, which is why one should be very careful in choosing which ONE they wish to spend life with... (none of the 'multiple wives/husbands' thing, that simply means you have commited 'adultry') True love will last, anything short of that won't, or will develop many problems in life... two souls of... well like a magnet, same side don't stick, they need the other for it to work...

ehm, well let me explain it this way:

In the beginning there was man created, the man asked God for some companion. God took one ribe from man and thus made woman (called woman, for out of man she was made) [if you're not christian, just assume the above is true for the time alright?]
    Now, as it is, man is the ribcage with one rib missing, like a puzzle lacking one piece, they seek to find the final piece that will make them whole. Now woman is the same, only instead of needing someone to fill a hole, they are the rib, that, like a puzzle, will only fit into one space, they seek the right man, the right puzzle with the right interlocking hole in his soul to fill. Somewhere out there, for men, the right one for them is out there, amungst a mass of many pieces. For women, the right puzzle is out there amungst a whole mass of puzzles.

Now, you can't expect to fill one missing pice of a puzzle by putting another puzzle with it can you? (go ahead, make two puzzles with one piece missing in each and try to fit one in the missing piece of the other [I garuntee it won't fit, you'll still have two puzzles with a piece still missing from each]) can two ribcages be made into one? Now, likewise, put only two pieces together, does it complete the puzzle?... will two ribs make a ribcage? No... it won't and can't ... true love is only a complete puzzle/ribcage. You have to find that one right for you. Sure, in the dating stage of life you may try out different puzzle pieces, to see if they fit right (or find a certain puzzle to fit into) as a puzzle, only one piece is out there, and no matter how you try, you cannot force a wrong piece into place. (or force yourself to fill a space) Thus you two will have too keep seeking until you find the right piece/space right for you, thus making both of you completed together to form one [marriage]
    Remember, you'll always have an emptyness inside until you find true love.

well, long winded, but you see what I'm trying to say right? ...