Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Xbox One (News, Thoughts and Discussion.) Post here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xbox One (News, Thoughts and Discussion.) Post here.

Any views, News, and Thoughts will be post here for the insight on this thread. [Mostly on Destructoid, or Kotaku]

Hello Lea's Gamers, Post your thoughts here about the new reveal on Xbox One.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not very impressed with the One so far, but I'm willing to reserve judgement until E3 at least. I know it was a hardware announcement, but the reveal seemed way too focused on TV and the stupid Kinect stuff.
    What's bothering me is the lack of support/possible fee? for used games. Used games are usually the only way I can afford to play games, period.

EDIT: And right after I posted this I saw this blog post:

The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.
    Yay! Looking forward to hearing that. Hopefully it's good news.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombolia View Post
    What's bothering me is the lack of support/possible fee? for used games. Used games are usually the only way I can afford to play games, period.

EDIT: And right after I posted this I saw this blog post:

Yay! Looking forward to hearing that. Hopefully it's good news.
    Yeah, the possible fee of for used games was one of the main reasons I baulked at purchasing an XBox One. I get that the developers want to make as much money as they can, but I do rent a lot of games (Redbox, ftw!) and borrow from friends - if I like the game, I usually do wind up buying a copy of my own (and I will wait YEARS for the price to drop and/or special editions to come out).
    However, with this new information, perhaps there is still hope.

I don't really care about the "tv achievements" thing...though, I think it's kind of silly (watching television = gaming now? really?) and perhaps even borderline invasive (big brother is watching youuuuu).

I don't like the mandatory once-every-24-hours internet check crap either. Believe it or not, there are still places on this planet where a reliable internet connection is not always available, and I travel to such places quite often...and I also unplug my gaming consoles when I'm not using them. So, I guess I'm kinda screwed. *le shrug*

I shall reserve full judgement until after the system has been out for a while though.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Xbox you say... I does not approve... but then again I always been anti-Box guy. XD I will get PS4 thought, but even that will have to wait as I have SO many games still that I haven't even started.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agrees with STM. But I'd love to see a Dreamcast 2.
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll say let's avoid this until The video game developers decide what to do with this so called "Entertainment console".

I am going to wait until all Game Developers jump into Linux how Valve did earlier this year.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sony has been calling their console Entertainment system since PS2 or media center. Thought to be honest, for the main reason I went for PS instead of Box was the way first Xbox controller felt in my hand... just love the fact Sony has kept their controller so much alike since the first controller came out, just means that the design is good and there is no point to really modify it too much.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't care much for the first Xbox controllers either. They were huge! The 360 controllers are really nice, though. The PS controllers are ok but they're kinda small for my taste now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like dualshock to be honest! it just doesn't click me at all. =(

In terms of controller I would prefer 360, I don't know why they want to redesign it again and again.

About Dualshock 4? I think terms of controller? Dualshock 4 wins because people just lean into it when it compare to the new Xbox controller.

So I definitely agree with all the opinion.

EDIT:

Yeah STM, I actually forgot that Sony call the console entertainment system.

I was refer to Television Entertainment, kinda like how old VHS and a TV decoder works.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah apparently they are really really really wanting it to be TV entertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Which is I'm going to put that on my signature
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiki View Post
    yeah apparently they are really really really wanting it to be TV entertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
    Hehehehe "TV, TV, TV, TV, TV" "Sports, sports, sports, sports" "TV, TV, TV, TV, TV" "CoD, CoD, CoD" "Dog"

I guess this is Microsoft's way of being competitive with Apple TV, before Apple comes up with the iCouchPotato System or something.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Xbox is about to come the next water cooler... umm.. What?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember one news that this person, A father wake his son up over excitement on Xbox One.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Microsoft finally clarified much of its policy on used games and online restrictions with the Xbox One, and the news is grim for those who actually believe in consumer rights. With its new system, Microsoft will take the final step in stripping gamers of their property ownership, and control every moment of their experience.

Making you check in every 24 hours like a groveling lapdog, restricting your ability to lend and rent games, and effectively pursuing the industry dream of keeping goods long after they've been sold, the Xbox One is a corporation's fantasy machine that flips off the common end user.

The Xbox brand's most vocal fans, those posting on Major Nelson's blog, were among the first to react to the news, and even among such die-hards, the reactions weren't pleasant. Gamers from all sides seem furious at Microsoft's publisher-friendly, consumer-kicking policies, with only a scant few gathering the nerve to defend them.

Source: Destructoid - NSFW over cursing

Here's the latest backlash against Microsoft and Xbox One. More info in the Dtoid link and the link within the link.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PC all the way !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of the two, PS4 all the way..who wants an expensive surveillance device in their living room?

Also glorious PC master race reporting in
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]