Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Next Door

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Shooting Next Door

I always hear it on the news or see it somewhere else; today it happened two doors up.

http://www.kmov.com/news/editors-pic...206118691.html

I was waking up for my shift right at 1600 (4PM). My brother said he heard several police cars peel rubber into our street. I didn't think anything of it, he's dramatic sometimes. Then he said the neighbors across the street were being evacuated out. So I checked out front.

They had cut off any access right in front of my vehicle. To the left where the conflict was - must have been the entire Wentzville police department. I saw a neighbor from 4 doors on the right come out so I went outside; an officer demanded I get inside immediately because there was open gun fire.
    I could see slightly down, enough to see a police car with an officer sitting behind it - armed. He had what I assumed was an AR-15 and had his sights on the home. Over the intercom police attempted to coax the suspect out of the home. First I concluded someone went in and held the family hostage. Someone mentioned a bomb threat.

Police at the scene, armed.

After 20 minutes these strange police sirens sounded at the entrance to my neighborhood and I figured it was SWAT. You could hear the feedback from that huge SWAT van everywhere, it peeled tires coming in and backed itself into the driveway. SWAT also swarmed out back of the homes through our yards, then you couldn't see them anywhere as I assume they were just laying in waiting.

Out front the SWAT vehicle opened up the back doors and put down a square package. They went in the vehicle, the package opened up four extensions and wheeled itself up to the home - a Bomb Bot, to survey the home layout and go inside to see who was there.

Showing the Area

30 minutes later, SWAT cleared and left. PD closed in, taped everything off.

Taping the Area Off
    Apparently, before this incident a call was made about a shooting. They arrived on scene to find the young son, Collin, on the driveway bleeding from a gunshot wound to the head. They later found the mother inside; dead from a gunshot wound also.

Neighbors are telling me she did it after an argument with the husband. There were never any issues with these neighbors before and I always saw Collin outside playing with his friend Simon across the street. I was more familiar with the original residents of the home before this family moved in but I had met them on occasion. This is one of those you just didn't see coming.

Collin is at the Children's Hospital in Saint Louis, ICU. I haven't heard anything else and am not connected to any of their family to stay in the loop - just watching my local news.
    Everything feels slightly surreal, and also as if I just ran 5 miles and I'm extremely fatigued from being on end keeping watch. I am debating going to work mostly because my mind feels like a muddled mess; and I wasn't even involved.

I think what's bothering me the most is I'm thinking of how it happened, how they found him in the driveway, like he ran after being shot and laid there..it makes my heart hurt. Also for the mother; if what they say is correct and she shot her son, she wasn't well mentally for a long time - she needed help.
    I wish there was something that could be done to help the situation but it's awkward; everyone has retreated inside, nobody knows what to say. Still surreal feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gosh, that's horrible. It beats me how someone could shoot at her own child like that. It must have been quite a shock for you to watch the whole scene, I'm sorry to hear that
    I too have been very near a shooting from a couple of doors away, like a year and a half ago. A group from a drug cartel attempted to murder a police commander who lived just around the corner from here, and they managed to shoot dead one of his bodyguards. Just like with you, I couldn't get out of my house because there were police vehicles blocking the street. I think the commander was moved to a safer location afterwards.
    That's the closest I've ever been to a shooting, but during the last few years I kept hearing in the news about shootings and robberies being very common here. I'm even disturbed to think that I've already gotten used to it by now luckily I haven't heard similar news in a while, so hopefully it won't happen again anytime soon.

I sincerely hope Collin recovers and can get the right help he needs.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It is similar in our area. From 2000 to 2010 we had a +321% population increase so I suppose the random increase brings in much with it.

Getting use to it..it's hard, and unfortunate one even has to really.
    I heard Collin is in stable condition for now. I really hope he gets proper support from friends and family, I cannot imagibne; his mom is gone and his last memory of her is this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy crap, that is crazy. Wow. I guess the bomb bot is how they "see" into all kinds of other volatile situations too without sending someone in, who knew. It sucks that you have to now.

What a shame, and what a mess to be caught right up in :-(
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How sad and scary. That poor child... I too hope he will get support from all his friends and family right now. I think I would be feeling the same as you Mufasa, if I was seeing this in person.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's really scary. My thoughts are with Collin and his family right now, and you too, Mufasa, for having witnessed those scenes.

It's times like this where I feel lucky for living somewhere where gun crime and violent attacks aren't so common. I wish it was the same everywhere.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thats a so sad thing to hear

Unfortunatedly, people are losing the sense very easily those days, and thinking that "give-up" is the best solution, also the reasons for doing that are, almost always, futile.

Here in Pernambuco, there were a huge increase in crimes because futile reasons, so the govern made a ad campaing (them are know because they always do shocking campains) to alert people of the consequences of "losing the head*" *mind/sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAc7zmmpuc
    translation:
    Girl: Yesterday was my ballet show in the school, but my dad could not go, acctully he donīt live with me anymore, My mother said he drunk too much and lose his head.
    Narrator: her father will spend the next 20 years in jail because he lose his head, drunked too much in a party, and killed a stranger.
    Girl: itīs so sad he is far from me, i want him back here with me...
    Narrator: If you lose your head you ruin your life.

At least until now i never had an similar situation near my home, hope it continues that way.

I hope their son get better soon and donīt bring any health problem because the bullet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What an awful situation. I hope the boy comes through ok.

I've lived in my current place for 14-ish years and in that time there's been a few shootings pretty much right outside my front door. I remember a few years ago a guy was innocently riding a bike and got shot because he was mistaken for someone else. It's always scary.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jeeze! I'm surprised to hear there's co much of it to people here nearby them. It's shocking.

In terms of losing ones head / mind - it seems to be happening around here. When I first moved, on the outskirts "across the train tracks" as we refer to it - it was the source of chaos. PD would drive through, the stench of drugs burning and evident issues were about, but typically police were exhausted with that minor stuff they'd drive right through.

Police became a little hostile. I was parked up the train tracks in a gravel spot, across three homes. This was a normal area, considered downtown Wentzville. I had gotten off my night shift by 0300 and grabbed some McDonalds with my sister. A cop cruiser drove by 5 times, the 6th time they sent an entire unit after us and forced us to get out of the car, searched us in the cold and searched my car. They were about send another unit but cancelled as we weren't doing anything. "There's been a lot of robberies." ..My ***. They were just loose cannons; I started to see why. I subscribed to the Wentzville patch post and I read the most drawn out, ridiculous stories.

Some of the more disturbing ones; people went into a home where a man and woman were downstairs watching TV and they raped the woman and made the man watch, stole all their stuff. What's worse is a neighbor holding a grudge against them, told these criminals those two were home alone and the back door was unlocked. WHAT!? I mean it's so evil.
    I read about one nearby where some young people nabbed a female, beat her up and tied her to a parking pole in the cold rain for many hours until police found her.

In 2001 when we came - we were a small area, no trouble, and the police station was microscopic..with 10 cars. We now have over 100 and the police station is as big as a high school located now across my developments street. We need so many police, considering these issues but in turn the police are a little uptight.

I don't stay in Wentzville as much as Saint Louis where there, the police are a bit lax. I was approached at night in a park by an officer and he informed me unlike Wentzville, parks have curfews to curb crime. He said if he was a ranger, he'd have given me a ticket, joking at them because rangers are overkill (they wish they were police I assume so they overcompensate LOL) ..then he started to flirt with me. Very opposite the Wentzville police who...withdraw guns and threaten to shoot you because you parked by a railroad track.

I suppose what I'm getting at is I pity our police for their stresses and I also see Wentzville isn't small and simple anymore, people are acting up, etc. It's a little discouraging.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Gosh, that's awful, Mufasa When you live in such a (relatively) peaceful place as Sweden you tend to forget that things like these go on all around the world, all the time... It must've been so shocking to witness the things you did, especially when someone you know is involved. I really hope that Collin will be okay :/

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmm, yeah it's scary and sad to read about how common violence is in so many places... I have never heard gun shots or witnessed violence like that near any place I have lived. (Even though I used to live in a pretty big city in California) I would be pretty nervous and scared to start hearing gun shots and acts of violence near my home... But I know that can really happen anywhere, even in small, usually peaceful places.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So she shot her own son?

Pfff, later, biatch, hope she has fun in hell
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    So she shot her own son?

Pfff, later, biatch, hope she has fun in hell

Hope you do too son.

Yes because she just woke up and decided killing her son was the most sensible thing to do, because she was a well balanced human being and was having a great day like the rest of us. You know what, in point of fact she was so stable, she even took her own life. Yeah that's right..let's judge her for that. I mean you must be a model citizen yourself.

You're 2 cents has been refunded, thank you. Have a great day.

I get it, a lot of people here are angry too. Yet, they don't have the audacity to make some snide judgement on the woman. Mostly because..well...they're modest and humble. Also because nobody can quite relate to what she was going through. If you have some insight, do tell.

As it stands, collin is recovering, but he hasn't been released and has said nothing. Relatives have cleaned everything from the home, took their car. There is blood on the driveway and it's a been unnerving....otherwise...I think things are ok. The biggest issue is just Collin...he probably won't mend well. Not for a long time anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Hope you do too son.
    I already am

Lets not judge her for shooting her son in the head, she was just having a bad day right? I'm sure he'll understand

also

*YOUR

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    I already am

Lets not judge her for shooting her son in the head, she was just having a bad day right? I'm sure he'll understand

also

*YOUR
    Oh well do ask her then, in Hell, since you're there enjoying it, how she is enjoying it.

Oh PLEASE do forgive me dear shadowland; I'm not always JUST typing in ENGLISH. *pats shadowland on the head*
    You missed a lot of capital letters, period marks....tsk tsk.
    Are you really going to come down to spelling errors? Is that what this is about?
    Well, you do have to compensate for SOMETHING.

I'm not going there.

Your statement was provocative and abrasive, but I'll give you that much credit; to think you're actually capable of giving any reason to anything is asking a lot so I apologize for assuming.

The fact remains you lack empathy. I'm not saying by any means, we should applaud her for shooting her son. I think no judgement should be made, by anyone not in the situation at all. Leave that to the authorities. Her perspective wasn't stable at all. What she did was wrong, immoral, evil even; but I doubt that was her deliberate intention as she was continuously a wonderful person up unto that point, and even the son she shot agrees. They were a happy family.

You're the one hoping, actually hoping she enjoys her time in Hell. You relish in the thought of her in eternal torment. Isn't that just as sick as shooting someone? Hmm, we'll see.

I don't appreciate how cold you an be to an already very inhumane situation. Yet, we all have to cope somehow so...and you are of course, entitled to whatever emotion you so desire. As am I.
    I pity her, and the boy. I don't reserve any space in Hell for her. Mercy over justice is sometimes more appropriate.

Also from this point forward I won't negotiate the issue with you. Your point is very clear. I understand how you feel. That is enough.

EDIT: You know, I'm not angry at you, I pity you very much shadowland; you go through life very arrogantly from what I've gathered. It is the very response you gave, seeded with arrogance and no depth that fuels most of the crimes caused today.
    While one commits a murder, you may also commit one in the heart with hatred. Hate for hate is not a neutral exchange. You merely inherit the nature.

I am angry at the act, not the person.

To learn to love a person, feel mercy for them, even in the most abhorring of acts; that takes a lot. You don't have this because you don't wish to have it. You'd rather be like the rest of them, it is easier to hate another or not feel anything than to feel sadness and mercy. We are not on the same level, at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh well do ask her then, in Hell, since you're there enjoying it, how she is enjoying it.

Oh PLEASE do forgive me dear shadowland; I'm not always JUST typing in ENGLISH. *pats shadowland on the head*
    Are you really going to come down to spelling errors? Is that what this is about?

I'm not going there.

Your statement was provocative and abrasive, but I'll give you that much credit; to think you're actually capable of giving any reason to anything is asking a lot so I apologize for assuming.

The fact remains you lack empathy. I'm not saying by any means, we should applaud her for shooting her son. I think no judgement should be made, by anyone not in the situation at all. Leave that to the authorities. Her perspective wasn't stable at all. What she did was wrong, immoral, evil even; but I doubt that was her deliberate intention as she was continuously a wonderful person up unto that point, and even the son she shot agrees. They were a happy family.

You're the one hoping, actually hoping she enjoys her time in Hell. You relish in the thought of her in eternal torment. Isn't that just as sick as shooting someone? Hmm, we'll see.

I don't appreciate how cold you an be to an already very inhumane situation. Yet, we all have to cope somehow so...and you are of course, entitled to whatever emotion you so desire. As am I.
    I pity her, and the boy. I don't reserve any space in Hell for her. Mercy over justice is sometimes more appropriate.

Also from this point forward I won't negotiate the issue with you. Your point is very clear. I understand how you feel. That is enough.

EDIT: You know, I'm not angry at you, I pity you very much shadowland; you go through life very arrogantly from what I've gathered. It is the very response you gave, seeded with arrogance and no depth that fuels most of the crimes caused today.
    While one commits a murder, you may also commit one in the heart with hatred. Hate for hate is not a neutral exchange. You merely inherit the nature.

I am angry at the act, not the person.

To learn to love a person, feel mercy for them, even in the most abhorring of acts; that takes a lot. You don't have this because you don't wish to have it. You'd rather be like the rest of them, it is easier to hate another or not feel anything than to feel sadness and mercy. We are not on the same level, at all.

lol you're so unsettled by what I said that you're acting like a smug child about it, with your holier-than-thou "i pity you" rise-above-it insults. Crime of the heart blah blah blah, I'm sorry that I think in real terms and not in your fluffy emotional nonsense. Do you really think killing someone in anything but self defence is something to be forgiving about? Especially an adult killing its own kid, I mean come on, thats all kinds of messed up.

And hey, you hate the act? That's cool, so do I. But acts dont choose to happen, people choose to make them happen. She made the choice, its a product of herself..therefore why shouldn't she be hated for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa
    I'm not hoping for anything lol, you're making out like the thought of her being in hell is the burning fire that keeps me alive and that it consumes my every waking moment. Maybe you're a bit jumpy from the shooting.
    All I'm saying is, if there's a hell..chances are shes going there. Sorry if you cant handle that. Since when is trying to murder an innocent child not something to be punished for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa
    You'd rather be like the rest of them
    You mean normal people?

To learn to love a person, feel mercy for them, even in the most abhorring of acts; that takes a lot

implying I've never put up with abhorrent bs from other people and forgiven them, you raging assumption-making used tampon.

It takes a lot of strength to list an elephant. But would you waste your time doing that?

It may take a lot, but that does not make it the wisest thing to do

Hmmmmmmm....nope I haven't inherited anything from this woman, last time I checked I did not feel the need to murder anyone in my family.

Nope again, I feel empathy for the boy, he will never be the same after that experience and he will carry the scars forever. I have no empathy for the one who gave him that burden to carry. What good is a lifetime of 'nice' when you end it with something so horrid?

I don't appreciate how cold you an be to an already very inhumane situation. Yet, we all have to cope somehow so...and you are of course, entitled to whatever emotion you so desire.
    Well pardon me for not mimicking your feelings. It's a chilling and disturbing situation but I'm not going to cry and mourn about it, I'm just not wired that way, sorry for being me.

So you're exaggerating my criticism of your rookie spelling, making it out to be some kind of last-resort compensation mechanism, while you do the exact same thing you're blaming me of? Grow up, please, lol

Your statement was provocative and abrasive
    And the one you just posted wasn't?

You know, I'm not angry at you
    Yeah, sure you're not

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did you hear something?

I am mightier than you, didn't you notice? You must have when you were inspired to write back to me.

That's the most you have posted in a life time.

And I won't read it in detail..I'd have to really care.

Moderators can feel free to close this thread as some here obviously cannot avoid trolling every inch of it, that and there's little left to be said. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you hear something?

I am mightier than you, didn't you notice? You must have when you were inspired to write back to me.

And I won't read it in detail..I'd have to really care.

Moderators can feel free to close this thread as some here obviously cannot avoid trolling every inch of it, that and there's little left to be said. Thanks.
    "Mightier" lol no, don't try spinning your outrage into some calculated attempt to bait me into posting. Trying the whole sudden reversal thing? Really?

You read the whole thing and you couldn't refute a single point, so of course you're not going to "care". Seriously, is your argument this weak?

Well you don't get neurotic hypocrites pop up everyday, I guess this was just a special occasion

Moderators can feel free to close this thread as some here obviously cannot avoid trolling every inch of it
    Nice try, but you didn't get trolled, you got told. Suck it up buttercup

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You are trolling.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

Leahalalela Rules

1. No name-calling, put-downs, racial slurs or harassment of other Pride Members.

Please stop posting in this thread as you have nothing beneficial to the community regarding this subject to say. Besides on liners that are provocative or a one-up-manship in grammar and/or ego. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear what happened.

I also don't get how you can get into an argument over such a horrible thing, that's not okay.

I guess Mufasa is still upset about everything and I am sure shadowland just didn't think much about his (?) comment and this all shouldn't have evolved into a flame.

There's no reason to judge this woman in one or the other way. She probably was mentally ill, but maybe she wasn't. We don't know the one or the other thing?

Not all mentally ill people are a danger to others, but some are. Not all healthy people are a danger to others, but some are. It's as simple as that.

I also don't know why there seem to happen so many shootings in the US but I sure hope you over there get that issue under control. Soon.