Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shadow Lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba quickly made his way through the forest and towards the direction they had talked of. He still wasn't quite sure what to make of the fox though, nor did he have any idea if he would meet up with the other lion that had tried to help. Only time would tell. One thing he did know, that the sooner he made it to where he needed to be, the sooner he'd have the answers he was curious about. Good or bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Chaos:

The lion walked about the sweltering jungle thinking about what he was really doing there. He should have overseen the destruction of the human village but in away he was ashamed to even think about what he was doing. He knew his father, Mohatu, would not approve. then again he had given control of the pride to his older brother Kilimanjaro. In the end he did get the pride but at a cost. His beloved mate whom had been killed by his brother. After having his revenge he lost everything. which almost included his life. He didn't want Malaika to know that it was partially his, chaos, fault for the human attack. so the village had to be destroyed. another thing bothered him. should his only living relative die by his paws or should they work to rebuild the once beautiful kingdom his father had brought about with the help of the humans. no the kingdom was rightfully Chaos' and Malaika had to go one way or another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm sorry I didn't show myself to you sooner."

The fox said as he trotted along side the cub. they both seemed about the same size.

"I only just caught up on your trail after the battle. I've been following Malaika for quite some time now."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the rate they had been traveling it would hopefully be no later than dawn of the next day when they'd reach the place they were heading to. For most of the time simba and Kami traveled in relative silence - which was just as well as the cub couldn't afford any more distractions. Kami's apology broke that silence.

"It's OK, I'm used to traveling alone. I am curious though why you've been following Malaika and what that has to do with me?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It didn't occure to the fox that he might have said to much but since he was not used to company himself he decided to tell the tale as they kept their pace

"Aiheu sent me to keep watch over you and Malaika. did you ever wonder what caused Maalika to lose his memory?" Kami didn't wait for a responce. "Or why he's chacing a shadow? Malaika had died in the last few moments of the battle with the humans. That shadow was his uncle making sure that Malaika was dead. He wants to know whats so special about his Family pride. The reason why his father, Mohatu, only told his brother. I don't want to go into a whole story thats not mine to tell. so as I was saying. I was sent to watch over both of you and when Malaika died i did the only thing I could do knowing ful well the consiquenses. In return for giving Malaika his life back I took all his memories and became mortal. even though I am a fallen angel now I am still fulfilling Aiheu's command. It's not time for either of you to go. when its time Aiheu will call for you and you will know."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As simba padded along, he listened to Kami's story and it intrigued him. He knew a little about Malaika, at least as much as was told him both before and after his friend left to fight the humans, but he hadn't heard anything about Ahieu. It did bring a chill to him to hear that Ahieu would call for him when his time came. Was it that, or perhaps the fact that he recalled a very vivid memory of a time when he had been offered to leave this world. He was out in the savanna. He remembered he was sad, in pain. His early years had been less than kind and left many scars. The lands had asked much of him. It was the lands too that had shown him, offered him a chance to leave this all behind and join them. There had been a strong wind followed by a serene calm. And there, not too distant from him, was a light. He couldn't explain it, but he knew what it was. The lands were calling for him to join them. While a part of him was happy, the rest of him had been briefly scared. He didn't know if he was ready, even though it had been something in a way he had longed for over a long period of time. Looking back he wasn't sure why he was given that chance, he just hoped that when the time was right that he would be given it again. Always a stalwart sentinel for the lands, simba had slipped thie last while, become negligent in his duties. He felt bad, but knew that the source for this errancy lay in his scarred soul. The pains he had endured all these years had hurt him deeply. But things were changing, and he had much work left to be done. The lands had given him hope elsewhere and was waking inside once more. He had always maintained that the lands would be the death of him someday. As he was still here, that day would not be today.

"Well hopefully we can get the plant back to Malaika in time then."

He couldn't help but let a morbid thought enter his mind. Briefly he looked back to Kami and asked:

"So.. if you hold all of Malaika's memories, what happens if you die?

He felt bad for asking and didn't want to make his question seem threatening or trite, but ever curious he couldn't help but ask. He rarely trusted anything that scented of magic anymore, but decided to chance the inquiry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The fox looks sadly at the ground and shivered. He did not know all of the consequences of his actions but there was a small ray of hope that did give him some courage.

"I will never be an angel again. I have fallen. though I still have a place with Aiheu's children."

At least he hoped though he never gave the cub any doubt of what he had said. It was his own shadow to bear should his time for the lands to receive him comes.

With a sigh he looked at Simbaji and tried to ask, without fear.

"What does it feel like...To die?"