Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New RP section - Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((ooc: I am sorry too . Not to sound rude, but do you guys care if I jump in? I think Simba Marasa was looking to as well))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: Come on in, Broken. I'm gonna be out until next Friday, and I'm sure Jabari would enjoy some company.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC- Just going to jump in then. See you friday!!))

A small cub was also running from the hyenas. She had a solid 50 yards on them at least. Normally she would duck down into the grass to hide, but there where too many she was sure to be found. Not seeing her ?father? she took off when hearing the howls and laughs. Seeing the cave she made a quick b-line for it. She skidded on the rocky surface to stop when she saw the adult lion. Her ears dropped and brilliant blue eyes widened, red fur falling in her terrified face. She was a very pale color, and obviously malnourished. She began backing up, hoping he didn?t see her. She had been warned about other males frequently, she probably had better chances trying to simply hide from the hyenas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sahara popped out from between Jabari's legs and called to the cub. "Hey, you! Over here, we can hide in this hole!" She just hoped the new cub would hear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub looked to the cub that called to her, relieved. She sprinted to the hole past the male joining the other cub, thankful for her kindness. The red head didn?t take up very much room at all. She hunkered down shutting her eyes tightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: And I'll see you all on Friday...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((see you Friday!))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari looked down at the new cub and then out at the hyenas.

"Alright...everyone just stay low and stay quiet. Hyenas aren't too smart...so we might be able to hide away from them."

Jabari took one last glance at the hyenas before crouching down, blocking view of the cubs. He could hear the steps of the hyenas get closer...

(OOC: I'll keep going a little later. 'Tis 3 AM here :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The small cub hid into the others shaking in fear. She kept herself small, so the others could fit. She hoped her adoptive father wasn?t out there with those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jabari watched as the hyenas sniffed curiously around the cave. A few seemed to bicker with each other about something or other, but Jabari just did his best to be quiet. He hardly breathed.

One hyena went a little farther into the cave than the others. He seemed to be getting closer and closer to Jabari and the cubs. As the hyena got closer, another called him back as they began to exit. The hyena took a strange look around the cave and then turned back, walking slowly out of the cave.

As soon as the hyenas were out of sight, Jabari let out a sigh and slowly got to his feet. He looked out to make sure the hyenas were gone and then turned back to the cubs.

"I think they're gone...all the same, we should stay here for the night. You cubs can sleep...I'll watch out for any more hyenas out there. You never know if they'll come back."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though supposed to be sleeping, Sahara wanted to get acquainted with the new cub. "So, what's your name and where are your from?" she asked with a friendly smile.

(OOC: I return!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cub blinked. ?My name is Broken?? she said quietly. ?I?m from far away from here?? she smiled shyly. Out side a large, lanky lion stalked around the cave, nose in the grass. His pelt was dirty and unkempt, his mane was the same, looking shaggy in the moon?s light. He looked up towards that cave, bangs falling into his mismatched eyes. He snarled green tinted teeth bared. His claws unsheathed as he stalked towards the cave, seeing the other male in the entrance. The cross that dangled from a cord in his long mane caught the rays of the moon causing it to flash as he walked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "You and Sahara should get along just great," Takara said to Broken with a sly grin.

Sahara looked at him suspiciously. "Oh really? Why is that?"

Takara grinned nervously. "W-well," he stammered, and then, gaining confidence, he ended with, "You're both named after weird things - a desert and a way to get hurt!" He dodged a swipe from Sahara, who started chasing him around the room.

Katali snickered at the comment, but then something else caught his attention - a huge male lion, dirty and angry-looking. Maybe if he kept quiet, it wouldn't notice them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broken laughed to herself. ?Maybe.? She smiled, as she jumped into the game of chase.
    The male outside had already noticed and was walking closer to the cave entrance. He bared his teeth more, his nose picking up the scent of what he was exactly looking for. He was the type to attack now and ask questions later, which was exactly what he was going to do in this instance. He moved closer to the cave entrance, noticing he had been spotted he growled walking up to him, staring him down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After pointing out the strange lion to Jabari, Katali moved behind him and told the others to keep out of sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The stranger stopped in front of the males. His front claws were extended, he stared at them with a black and a red eye. ?I?m looking for a cub.? He stated, his voice was scratchy and harsh, his words growled. He scowled at them, he didn?t smell anything on them that would imply that they killed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Katali shuddered under the cold gaze of the big lion, and backed away carefully but quickly to the other cubs.

(OOC: Now we kind of need Jabari to respond to keep the story flowing.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (OOC: REALLY sorry about the late response! I've been really busy lately with getting ready to pick out and apply for colleges. Let alone going out with friends, etc. Sorry!)

Jabari looked at the new male with a strange glance.

"A cub? What's their name? What do they look like?"

Jabari seemed suspicious about this oddly groomed male. He looked dangerous...untrustworthy. This day seemed to just be one problem after another, and Jabari was getting sick of it. Although, he would protect these cubs to the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The male growled, annoyed by the questions. "She's small and pale. A red mess on her head." He explained, obviously annoyed. "I lost her when the hyena's came. She never stays where I tell her." he growled. "I smell her."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Takara shifted at that. He pointed a paw at Broken and mouthed, "You?"