Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the story behind your screen name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Janus View Post
    Lmao well that was a simple explanation

APPARENTLY IT WAS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY

Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali
    All of the "filler" is completely unnecessary.

Here friend this link will help you
    http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1275965
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's it, I'm done.

You have earned a two week ban.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's been here for 3 years and sadly didn't see or couldn't see the borderline at all.

This didn't surprise me at all.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My name "SimbasMate" simply came from my love for Simba. My name used to be "VampireSimba09" because of my love for Twilight back then and obviously my love for Simba. But I don't like Twilight anymore so I changed it. :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to Twilight rehab. I honestly don't know why I was so into it looking back.

My username is Swahili for "fierce anger", but Kali is also a "vampire" goddess, so it's also a reference to that since I love vampire stories.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't believe I didn't do this yet. Well, my screen name, lionloversam , is actually very old. I have used it since I joined the fandom, for the most part. It was started as my AIM username. ( no longer use AIM). I originally wanted lionlover, but that was already taken. I remember being upset, I was only about 13 at the time. So, my mom suggested lionloversam. And, it stuck. I consider changing it just as much as I do my given/legal name. And a early email address I had was lionlover2much. I changed that just so my email can look more professional. Needless to say lions are my favorite animal. That played a big role in the development of the user name.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm a huge Lion King fan I decided to use this name on things that I post Lion King things since I'll probably post mostly about Kiara. Kiara's not just my favorite Lion King character, she's my favorite fictional character of all time. I have kind of an obsession. I self proclaimed myself her biggest fan.
    Petition to give The Lion King 2 more attention:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/disn...he-lion-king-2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marching and Concert Band Geek Zulama's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the name Zulama from my Spanish 1 teacher. For anyone who is wondering how it's pronounced: (Sue-lay-ma). She insisted it means Abigail in Spanish but I'm not convinced...
    I decided to keep the name regardless of the translation because I like the way it's spelled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Oooh, that's much prettier than I was pronouncing it in my head! It's lovely.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm actually, in Spanish if you pronounce it like "Sue-lay-ma", it'd spell like "Zulema". Otherwise, Zulama is pronounced more like "Sue-lah-ma".
    Although I've never heard the word "zulama" before, but I have heard Zulema as a name. It isn't a common name, though, I've only heard it just like once or twice in my life, hehe.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Marching and Concert Band Geek Zulama's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Than I guess I've been spelling it wrong then! Ah, well it's still lovely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bumping this, because why not. This thread has some cool stories!

This is the story of probably the most unispiring username choice ever TM.

It all begins back when I was 7-8 and read a children’s book called “Alpha+Romeo” (pretty good book) by Estonian writer Jaan Rannap. At some point in that book, a small girl has a plushie of a dog, which she calls Kossu. I don’t know why, but at the time I thought it was a cool name.

Around 2004 I decided to join TLKFAA and I was also on the process of creating lion characters. I was trying to think of an interesting name for my lion mascot/username and then I remembered the name Kossu, which kind of sounded like Kovu, so I thought, mmm, coool. And thus the character was baptized and I found my username too. At some point later, I googled the name (hoping to find a cool meaning behind it) and I was surprised to see alcohol bottles popping up on my search results. A Finnish buddy of mine at the time, MoonyMeya, and the artist Timali pointed out that Kossu, also known as Koskenkorva, was indeed a popular alcoholic drink in Finland. The name stuck with me and I’ve kept it since then on my TLK related sites.

Side story: I’d been obsessed for years with purchasing a bottle of Koskenkorva, which was incredibly difficult(the only relevant drink I could find was Finlandia, which from what I heard is something different). A friend that travelled to Finland 3 years ago brought me back a bottle though, thus the quest has finally come to an end.

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's a cool story Kossu! And yeah I love Koskenkorva as well, as well as all things Finland/Finnish! Sadiki thinks I'm weird for it

Speaking of which, my username (as it turns out I never posted in this thread before) Taneli is just the Finnish version of Daniel which is my first name original I know, but it's fitting given my Finland obsession!

As for the past names I've used on this forum since 2004, there are far too many and they're all terrible and embarrassing so I won't go there
    Last edited by Taneli; December 4th, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Taneli sounds pretty nice! My brain subconsciously related “Taneli” to lions for some reason(then again this IS a lion king forum). Variations of a name in different languages can be very intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    And yeah I love Koskenkorva as well, as well as all things Finland/Finnish! STM thinks I'm weird for it

Well, Finland seems like a really beautiful country with amazing nature. I’ve always thought the language is quite unique too, from the things I’d heard from a Finnish friend, long ago. So to me your obsession doesn’t seem weird. Sadly I haven’t had the pleasure of visiting Finland (yet), but it’s one of the countries I’ve been wanting to visit for a really long time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well Taneli is sort of a lion, a mountain lion that is I've had many over the years, I started out as a tiger and then was a cheetah for a long time. Settled on puma since they're more like me irl (chunky and grumpy )

I love Finland, visited probably about 6 times and really want to go back again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I remember gloating to Daniel earlier about Taneli actually being my second name. He was delightfully irate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
    Well Taneli is sort of a lion, a mountain lion that is I've had many over the years, I started out as a tiger and then was a cheetah for a long time. Settled on puma since they're more like me irl (chunky and grumpy )

I love Finland, visited probably about 6 times and really want to go back again

God, your old username mistaken me think of you being a lady, I was trying to "flirt" but we bonded over Black Metal and Extreme Metal music in general.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I think I remember gloating to Daniel earlier about Taneli actually being my second name. He was delightfully irate
    Aha! Yeah I remember that!