Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Buffy's Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Buffy's Here!

Relax, you don't have a vampire problem. I'm not here to slay any vampires, so it's all good.

Anyway, HI! I'm Buffy! Well... actually I'm Linda. Buffy is my dog, but he's also been my username for so long that I'm pretty sure I'll be using it for a long, long time. At the moment I can't even think of a better username, so that works.

So yeah, hi! Well, let's see... What can I say about myself, hmm? Um, well... I'm a girl. I'm 18 at the moment, but turning 19 on May 1st (yay). I am a huge fan of The Lion King. While I love other Disney movies, I've always loved The Lion King the most and I always will. This movie is special to me and I don't see me leaving the fandom anytime soon... or anytime at all, really.

Some of you may know me from some other TLK forums and websites. I have joined many of them in my life. The Lion King is not my only fandom though. I am a part of many like... Harry Potter, Disney, Castle, etc. and most recently; Les Miserables. I'm so in love with this movie/musical and I really want to read the book. Oh! Yes, I've also recently become a bookworm. I find books are just so delightful and wonderful and ahhh! Perfect!

So yes, I read. I also do a bit of writing, mostly fanfiction. And I watch a lot of TV... probably, no definitely, more TV than what is good for me. Oh well...

Aaaaand now I'm rambling, so let's just end this. So what have we learned? I'm a TLK fan (obviously), I like books, I'm born in May, and yes, I'm a Taurus. I have a dog named Buffy and I love him very much, aaaand yeah.... Oh! I also really love tea. And Chinese food is heaven on a plate in my opinion. Okay, I'm done. This introduction is O.V.E.R.

-Buffy xoxoxo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea Linda!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heya Nathalie! Thanks so much! I'm happy to be here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome aboard You'll fit very well in here. Feel free to look around ^^

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey there! Welcome to Lea! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Leorgathar! I have a feeling I will fit in here. This forum seems awesome!

Heiioo King Simba! Thanks very much! I must say, from the little amount of time I've spent here, I am enjoying it. ^.^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, Buffy is your boy dog's name? XD Anyway, Welcome to Lea!

And ahhh, Les Mis. I usually really encourage people to read the classics, but the gods honest truth is, (and I'm sure the ghosts of Literature professors past are going to strike me down in a bolt of lightening for saying it,) this is like the one book on earth I actually advocate finding and reading the ABRIDGED version of. I'm a sick sort of person that *likes* reading old-time books, I can deal with the pacing and the language and the different sensibilities.....usually. In Les Mis though, it just DRAGS. There are 16 chapters--no seriously! Sixteen!--about the entire history of the Paris sewers. If you do read it, do yourself a favor and get the short version. This from someone who didn't mind "Moby Dick" & enjoyed it. Les Mis just does itself no favors.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, nice intro, you seem very chipper. Hope you enjoy your stay!

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to Lea!

Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Aww, Buffy is your boy dog's name? XD Anyway, Welcome to Lea!

And ahhh, Les Mis. I usually really encourage people to read the classics, but the gods honest truth is, (and I'm sure the ghosts of Literature professors past are going to strike me down in a bolt of lightening for saying it,) this is like the one book on earth I actually advocate finding and reading the ABRIDGED version of. I'm a sick sort of person that *likes* reading old-time books, I can deal with the pacing and the language and the different sensibilities.....usually. In Les Mis though, it just DRAGS. There are 16 chapters--no seriously! Sixteen!--about the entire history of the Paris sewers. If you do read it, do yourself a favor and get the short version. This from someone who didn't mind "Moby Dick" & enjoyed it. Les Mis just does itself no favors.
    O.M.G. THIS! I was literally just talking to someone about this. Les Mis... I just couldn't. I tried so hard to read it, but I failed because it was just so boring in some parts (like that 16 chapters...). I just couldn't do it. I read the abridged version and that was much much better.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi there
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have loved Les Mis ever since I first saw it performed about 10 years ago. It is a wonderful musical. Haven't read the book myself either, never been really motivated too, and now going off of other's responses, I have even less inclination too

Also, my best friend in high school also had a dog called Buffy, not named after the vampire slayer... it came about because she wanted to name her Biscuit, and someone else in her family wanted to name her Muffy (why I don't know), so she became Buffy

Also, hi and welcome to Lea
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm also a tea-loving Taurus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome welcome.

I'm that crazy guy that people talk about. But, I'm a nice guy.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Buffy and welcome!