Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Al Qaeda Leader Planning Attack Against U.S. ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation New Al Qaeda Leader Planning Attack Against U.S. ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i sence flame in this thread

but yea.... i wonder what it will be this time >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same as you TT :|

I really don't see the point in all this, (Not the thread, but the link information) about people wanting to fight and kill all the time, *Wonders why we all just can't live in peace*

It seems the me that Iraq just doesnt want us here lol, Possibly I say, let them attack us one time, and we will be so screwed >> Think about it.. If they launched an attack and hit Las Vegas, the country would go into a state of panic most likely Xx..

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ....TROLL TROLL ALERT

(WARNING DON"T FEED THE TROLLS )

yea well wonder what it is hopefully they can stop it before it happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    its not about the fighting and killing blah blah... but the whole "Terrorist" thing is gettin old... bush milked it way too much in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "The government of Pakistan has been selective in its crackdown," said Haqqani. "In the process, there are many individuals and groups that have been acting on their own, and frankly, until all of them are treated as people who need to be eliminated, al Qaeda and al Qaeda linked groups will continue to survive."
    I agree with Haqqani. Pakistan needs to crackdown more-so on these radical groups, but the government remains passive about it. Why?

|^| Well based on al Qaeda trends... they like to use bombs of some sort... perhaps their window of opportunity lies among port security.

Originally posted by TakaTiger
    its not about the fighting and killing blah blah... but the whole "Terrorist" thing is gettin old... bush milked it way too much in my opinion
    Why don't you tell that to the terrorist. Because I'm sick 'n tired of all these threats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you gotta remeber it the middle east we talking about.... not say the Pakistan government is not as clean as what you think they are......

yea hopefully the US ports would not be sold to that Arab company.. i heard from the news that the head of the company is related to Al Qaeda or have connections with them.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is said that UAE had ties to 9/11. Whether they did or not, remains to be seen. Dubai Ports would give al Qaeda a persuasive element to play with.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Whitewolf

yea hopefully the US ports would not be sold to that Arab company.. i heard from the news that the head of the company is related to Al Qaeda or have connections with them.....
    I heard they already were. The head of that company is right over there in the middle of conflict too. I feel Bush has made a 180? turn. I supported him up until a few months ago, and this is the creme of the crop. He might as well go, Terrorists Welcome! not because all Muslims are bad - but our main conflict is with them standing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand what the point of us fearing a terrorist attack, when we have no idea whereabouts it is going to occur. If they released information like, "Terrorists plan to strike Los Angeles" or something like that, it would make more sense for us to know about it because we could avoid traveling to that area or make less stops there. However, if we don't know where it is going to occur, then I don't see what we can do about the situation.

Also, I don't see why the terrorists don't attack already. It's not that hard to plan an attack... even an average pyromaniac could cause a lot of damage if he set fires in CA during the Santa Ana winds, as observed in the 2003 fires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh* To answer the utopian inspired train of thought question you imposed KTL;

History proves that sadly Humans, and in fact all creation, needs war and disease in order to survive. That sounds crazy, but it's true. Otherwise we'd overpopulate. This is the reason why some animals eat their spouse after they mate for an example in nature.. anyway..

It's still sad, but there will always be terrorists, so long as their are differing opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nuka
    *sigh* To answer the utopian inspired train of thought question you imposed KTL;

History proves that sadly Humans, and in fact all creation, needs war and disease in order to survive. That sounds crazy, but it's true. Otherwise we'd overpopulate. This is the reason why some animals eat their spouse after they mate for an example in nature.. anyway..

It's still sad, but there will always be terrorists, so long as their are differing opinions.

That is in no way a justification for war; though I feel war may be necessary at times, I don't think the necessity of it depends upon overpopulation. I personally think that takes war out of the cruel context that it is and makes it seem like spring cleaning or something; war is a barbaric and horrid thing and should never, under any circumstances, be treated otherwise. I realize it's not going to go away any time soon, and there are some cases (especially self-defense) when it is necessary, but I also think it should never be thought of as a form of population control, nor justified as such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sadly its true *yipps* >>..

Hmm well, upon this whole thing. I think Bush has done the best he can, and has done whatever possible he can do. People say he's gone to far, and people say he isn't doing enough. What I say is

What the heck would you do if you were him?
    And most of them say
    "I dont really know."

Bush has done all he can about the terrorist stuff, but one thing I don't see right is how everyone is attacking America. Sure we are good people (Some not all) but.. I have yet to figure out why Iraqians attacked us in the first place, and still continue wishing to attack us (If this question has been answered on the news, it would be awesome if you could tell me that ;P)

~KTL~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion

Sure we are good people (Some not all) but.. I have yet to figure out why Iraqians attacked us in the first place, and still continue wishing to attack us (If this question has been answered on the news, it would be awesome if you could tell me that ;P)

~KTL~
    I believe the answer you seek may be in America's Track record when it comes to its dealings with many nations across the world. In many instances that is not the driving force behind an attack, but it sure does influence the energy of hatred in regions. In the middle east the United States has been a major presence since Israel became a State in 1948. Isreal and America are linked in the eyes of the populace of the Middle East, and to many Arabs, Isreal represents injustice and invasion. Not just because of its existance, but by some of the methods used to obtain its existance. Another major mark is the Iran-Contra affair which was not a good point in United States relations with the Middle East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not saying it justifies war Pnt, not in the slightest, just saying that it is a neccesity for life to move on. As morbid as it might seem, you can't deny it, to do so would be to turn your back on history, science, and even mathematics in a sense.

In a utopian society (which is impossible on Earth, no matter how hard we want it), we wouldn't have war, and everything would be perfect. This isn't perfect *inserts lame Walgreen's commercial here*

However, that doesn't mean that we can not strive for it, striving for anything is always a possibility, just not neccasarily probable, such in this case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *breaks out the anti-war music* Free nachos in the bomb shelter!

History proves that sadly Humans, and in fact all creation, needs war and disease in order to survive.
    How is that? (Not trying to be mean, I'm curious.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    I believe the answer you seek may be in America's Track record when it comes to its dealings with many nations across the world.
    And there lies our BIGGEST problem. Our diplomacy. The fabric of peace and war alike. Once it starts, it never ends... The United States is the centerfold of the world today. Being diplomatic has a great responsibility; from negotiating peace to ending a war. Terrorist are just the opposite; they'd like to throw us a monkey wrench, just to see us react to it. But what are they really fighting for, I bet they don't even know ... Supremacy? Hardly. Destruction? Absolutely. As long as there is a fight to be fought, there will always be a war to be won....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To answer that Somby ;P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    To answer that Somby ;P
    Oh, aha, sorry -- shoulda made that clearer. Er, I got the overpopulation part, but how does history prove this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    How is that? (Not trying to be mean, I'm curious.)
    Well, as pointed out one example is Overpopulation. All species do indeed cut their numbers, including humans. We don't do it for overpopulation, no creature does (to my knowledge) but it does accomplish this nonetheless.

Another explanation would be the pure simple facts that there has always been some kind of fighting all through history. Whether political, religious, etc.. etc..

History also shows that people have always had differing opinions (Plato & Aristotle, Caesar & Brutus, Jesus and the Jewish High Court, Luther & the Catholic Church, Israel & Palestine, Allies & Axis...). The only way war could end is if everyone had like minds, which if done would have to be forced upon folks, and those that still disagreed would be eliminated, and thus a war between that idea even could break out..

Humanity needs it *shrugs* That's probably not the best explanation, but I'm quite tired today, forgive my poor skills.