Review time.

If I were to give it a rating I'd give it an 8 1\2 of 10 Which is really good for a Disney sequel!

I was, to borrow an old (and English) expression, I was "as pleased as punch" with this amazing film. Andrew Dejas really hit the nail on the head this time!

The animation style, though with sharper outlines and slightly more vivid coloring, really calls to mind the original. The character design of the Great Prince is magnificent. I was pleased with the Ronno\Bambi fight alluding to their adult fight; Ronno was a character in the book Bambi, but he appeared as a random buck in the original film. There was an intense rivalry between the two suggested in the book, and I was pleased to see at least part of Felix Salten's magnificent work emulated in the film. Which calls to mind another sad but interesting point of the book, which was used in the movie: the part where the hunter uses a fake deer call to trick Bambi. It is a sad scene, but helps you feel for the deer (albieit anthrophromorphized) and be angry at 'Man's Tricks'. Overall, the feel and style of the film is superb. I would've liked it to be a little longer and have a more focused plot, but heck. It's pretty good already, why tempt fate?

Patrick Stewart was GREAT as the Great Prince. He sounded a LOT like the original voice and just put sooo much life into the character.

Thumper was cute, but I think they tried to make him a little too cute. However, the Bambi\Thumper friendship is innocent and delightful. The voice for Thumper was fairly good (and the kid who voiced Thumper does look creepily like a rabbit!!)

Faline was delightful! I can't say if young Faline was true to her character in BII because her personality wasn't explored that much in the first film to begin with.

Ronno is great. No, he doesn't remind me of Kovu, IMHO. He's your classic, almost stereotyped bully, but the kid who voiced Ronno really put life into him. I like how Bambi eventually stood up to him.

I'd like to see more of Mena. She seems like a nice character.

I've never liked Flower, never will, and I thought the voice-casting was poor, but not horrible. The kid tried.

~Fin~