I was just curious as to how many musicians we have on this board. We have plenty of talented artists here, which is awesome, but the musicians seem to be in hiding. I know you're out there .

I've played trombone and euphonium going on ten years now. I can sort of play trumpet, French horn, and tuba; mostly that was in conjunction with my studying to be a music teacher. I've got an electric bass and an electric guitar, though I'd hardly call myself proficient; I mostly just play chords. I just barely made it through my college piano courses, so I wouldn't really say I was much of a pianist.

Mainly I use the keyboard to compose music. I've written for concert band, jazz ensemble, and brass quintet, mainly, and had a few premieres in the US and Canada. I also used to arrange classical music for brass quintet and sell the arrangements on eBay to supplement my income while I was going to college.

Incidentally I studied trombone at San Francisco State with McDowell Kenley of the SF Opera Orchestra, Steve Thompson formerly of the Hiroshima Symphony, as well as Zack Spellman (tuba/euphonium) and Wayne Wallace (jazz trombone).

Lately, composition-wise I'm about to co-write a musical with my friend Jonathan Knott who's a director over at University of Notre Dame Belmont in Caliornia and also teaches at my old high school.

Alright, I have no idea what the point of all that was; I'm not writing a resume but I'd be interested to see what other instruments we have represented here.