Oh yes. The Disney parks.

First, the big news is that the new Little Mermaid attraction will be opening at California Adventure this June. They've been releasing various little video clips on the official blog with sneak peeks at what's going on. They've had scoring and videos of construction. The latest one was about the animatronic Ariel's hair of all things. They're trying to make it look like it's underwater when it obviously can't be.I have to say, the effect as it stands so far is pretty cool, if a little creepy. I was so intrigued that I made a little gif of that part of the video clip.

It's still rather rough they say, but I have a feelling it'll be awesome once it's perfected. This is also the same attraction they're installing in Fantasyland in WDW and in Disneyland Paris.

Speaking of WDW's Fantasyland, construction is going along swiftly there. Last week. the Beast's castle popped up, almost literally overnight. My sister was all kinds of excited because that means the Beauty and the Beast attractions and such are not far behind. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Fantasyland portion of the WDW expansion opened before Fall 2012.

And the animation resort should be coming along nicely. I'll try to get some pictures of what's there when I go to Pop Century in June.